2022 NFL Draft Thread | Page 124 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 NFL Draft Thread

He seems like an RPO type of QB so I understand the fit.
Likely drafted as a camp body and likely to run the practice squad......but you can get those guys as UDFA.

7th round picks are unlikely to make rosters, but still makes little sense to me to not shoot you shot on a depth guy or specials guy who may surprise you. 2 years ago the Commanders found Kam Kurl and the Giants found Tae Crowder in R7. In 2019, the Dolphins got Gaskin, who was our best back, and in 2018 we got Sanders as our kicker. Zach Sieler was a 7th rounder for Baltimore and Jordan Mailata was a 7th rounder for Philly in 2018. Take your shots.

OK, I've laughed about you guys who want RBs drafted by this team about enough so let me ask this:

Is RB D'Vonte Price from FIU worth bringing in as an UDFA if he survives the last two selections? Might we look at him at all and should we?
I've no idea what happened here... maybe a late medical report or arrest? This guy has the type of running style and size that I think we could use.

Likely drafted as a camp body and likely to run the practice squad......but you can get those guys as UDFA.

7th round picks are unlikely to make rosters, but still makes little sense to me to not shoot you shot on a depth guy or specials guy who may surprise you. 2 years ago the Commanders found Kam Kurl and the Giants found Tae Crowder in R7. In 2019, the Dolphins got Gaskin, who was our best back, and in 2018 we got Sanders as our kicker. Zach Sieler was a 7th rounder for Baltimore and Jordan Mailata was a 7th rounder for Philly in 2018. Take your shots.
After seeing the rest of the draft I would rather us to have drafted Walker or Luketa. Odds are we wouldn’t have taken either player. Since that is the case I couldn’t care less that they tried to score a backup QB. At least I understand it.

Sooooo many guys on here want to cut guys like Eric Rowe to save 4 million dollars but hate drafting a guy in the seventh round to try and save twice as much next year?

Max Borghi, the broke man's McCaffrey?
Not sure what team he'll land on, but I would bet Borghi is on a 53 man roster come week 1. Very solid runner, deceptive speed and good hands. At worst he's a 3rd down back, but I think he could be a rotational ball carrier too.

I love the part of the draft where fans complain about our pick and then throw out names of guys we should have picked who end up not getting drafted at all. That's not to say that the front office didnt miss. Just that it should be obvious that almost all players this late are low % bets and it isn't worth overthinking or getting worked up over. We don't see medical reports. We dont have the same access to players backgrounds. They drop for a reason, in general.

Boy the comment in this thread about 7th round picks
"

Best of luck to all the 7th round picks but history isn’t on their side as far as having a long career in the NFL is concerned. Those are just the facts and it shouldn’t be seen as attacking those players taken in the last round of the draft.

The fact they were drafted at all considering the thousands of college football players who were eligible to be drafted but weren’t drafted is a great accomplishment for any player who was drafted. No matter what round they were drafted.

I love the part of the draft where fans complain about our pick and then throw out names of guys we should have picked who end up not getting drafted at all. That's not to say that the front office didnt miss. Just that it should be obvious that almost all players this late are low % bets and it isn't worth overthinking or getting worked up over. We don't see medical reports. We dont have the same access to players backgrounds. They drop for a reason, in general.

Was that in regards to names i threw out?

Was that in regards to names i threw out?
Not particularly. It happens every year. Heck, I do it. Then realize there was a reason the guy that I wanted wasn't picked by anyone. Go further up the thread, and I mentioned Verone McKinley III. The FS that replaced Holland at Oregon and was an All American this year. HE went undrafted. But I am not upset we didnt take him instead of Skylar. Looking at your post, I agree with your last sentence. Take your shot. Aren't we doing that with Skylar? Great pick if he's our backup for a few years, and saves us the millions per a vet backup costs.

Not particularly. It happens every year. Heck, I do it. Then realize there was a reason the guy that I wanted wasn't picked by anyone. Go further up the thread, and I mentioned Verone McKinley III. The FS that replaced Holland at Oregon and was an All American this year. HE went undrafted.
Miami just signed McKinley :UP:

Back
Top Bottom