3 reasons you should believe in Noah Igbinoghene | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 reasons you should believe in Noah Igbinoghene

Regarding Zach - yes, meant game speed even though he didn’t have real speed. Iggy has real speed but it has to translate to game speed for it to matter. That happens when you stop thinking and are playing on instinct etc. He didn’t do that last year. Many young players don’t until they’ve had enough experience. There is always a chance that it never comes as well. I’m rooting for him I just don’t understand the “well, dump X and put Iggy in and we’ll be fine” because we don’t know that. And if the goal is to win the SB you don’t trade your best player who plays the one position that is the most difficult to replace on defense - and it is the strength of the team.
I agree completely. Iggy cannot replace what X gives us this season. I have hope for the future of course with his ceiling. But to think we will compete this year w/o X is very misguided.

This D thrives on having two lock down boundary corners who can take the ball away al la the Madison / Buckley and Surtain days.

CB is the premiere position in this league outside of QB. When you have the absolute best player at that position who changes the outcome of games weekly with turnovers......you pay the freaking guy.

We should have never signed Jones for more without weighing the repercussions.

Granted X had injury and off field baggage. But dude you cannot argue with 10 INTS. And it could have been easily 13+.

ZT had the best play / game speed you will ever find. We agree. Iggy needs exp to get there just like you stated.

But I'm not risking the season to get him that exp.

Are we trying to win some damn games this year or what?

Pay the guy and let's go play football (as Hoops would say).

I know what he typed and what he was saying. I was neither agreeing with him nor disagreeing with him... I was simply pointing out his discrepancy in what he typed with a little snarkey sarcasm.

As far as value goes. My comment was valuable enough to get a response... and sending you to bed has its value too. We all need to get enough rest. 😴
Good clarification. Slept like a baby. Lol. Thank you for that.

Granted X had injury and off field baggage. But dude you cannot argue with 10 INTS. And it could have been easily 13+.
stated.
So we should have purposely missed out on signing the top FA CB at the time bc it might hurt the feelings of a guy that played 5 games the season before (and looked bad in those games)?

You remember what the X discussions were like a year ago. We were legitimately worried if he would ever be remotely close to the same player.

X had a total of one healthy season before last year. But we were supposed to make his contract the ceiling for what we were willing to pay guys in FA?

This might feel like an easy opinion to hold in hindsight, but if anyone posted this sentiment a year ago it would have been treated as a joke.

So we should have purposely missed out on signing the top FA CB at the time bc it might hurt the feelings of a guy that played 5 games the season before (and looked bad in those games)?

You remember what the X discussions were like a year ago. We were legitimately worried if he would ever be remotely close to the same player.

X had a total of one healthy season before last year. But we were supposed to make his contract the ceiling for what we were willing to pay guys in FA?

This might feel like an easy opinion to hold in hindsight, but if anyone posted this sentiment a year ago it would have been treated as a joke.
Don't try to confuse ppl with reality brother.

I agree completely. Iggy cannot replace what X gives us this season. I have hope for the future of course with his ceiling. But to think we will compete this year w/o X is very misguided.

This D thrives on having two lock down boundary corners who can take the ball away al la the Madison / Buckley and Surtain days.

CB is the premiere position in this league outside of QB. When you have the absolute best player at that position who changes the outcome of games weekly with turnovers......you pay the freaking guy.

ZT had the best play / game speed you will ever find. We agree. Iggy needs exp to get there just like you stated.

bsflag.gif

Wait - he’s led the league in picks since 2017 and has been the league leader 2x. It’s not as if last year was his first good season. And 2019, he could have continued playing but we opted to put him in bubble wrap so as not to risk further injury in what was a developmental season.

Wait - he’s led the league in picks since 2017 and has been the league leader 2x. It’s not as if last year was his first good season. And 2019, he could have continued playing but we opted to put him in bubble wrap so as not to risk further injury in what was a developmental season.
U are including his 2020 stats there, which means you are STILL using hindsight in this discussion.

At the time of BJ's signing, X had one great season in 2018 followed by a very poor one in 2019. I don't care if he still could have played. Not sure if u watched the games but he didn't look like himself.

He gave up a 65.4% completion percentage and a 117 QBR in those 5 games. I do get that he was coming back from knee surgery and the team did suck.

But to act like a lot of us did not have some concerns about X a year ago is revisionist history. The threads are still there. Go back and look at what we were saying 12 months ago. Not saying we had lost hope in him or anything, just that there was uncertainty regarding his future.

But even if u forget everything I said. Should our official team policy be that we decide how much we are going to spend on players in a way that makes sure we don't upset the guys we currently have under contract? Hypothetically if Parker has a bounce back season like X did, but Fuller plays great too and we want to keep him, is Parker's salary the max we can offer bc we don't want hurt feelings?

U are including his 2020 stats there, which means you are STILL using hindsight in this discussion.

At the time of BJ's signing, X had one great season in 2018 followed by a very poor one in 2019. I don't care if he still could have played. Not sure if u watched the games but he didn't look like himself.

He gave up a 65.4% completion percentage and a 117 QBR in those 5 games. I do get that he was coming back from knee surgery and the team did suck.

But to act like a lot of us did not have some concerns about X a year ago is revisionist history. The threads are still there. Go back and look at what we were saying 12 months ago. Not saying we had lost hope in him or anything, just that there was uncertainty regarding his future.

But even if u forget everything I said. Should our official team policy be that we decide how much we are going to spend on players in FA in a way that makes sure we don't upset the guys we currently have under contract? Hypothetically if Parker has a bounce back season like X did, but Fuller plays great too and we want to keep him, is Parker's salary the max we can offer bc we don't want hurt feelings?
Some people were concerned, some were not. Just part of the way into 2020 he was the running 4 year INT leader and it was talked about every week. I don’t care about Fuller or Parker in the same
way as a CB or QB. That’s what people are missing. None of those positions matter anywhere near as much as the aforementioned two. Are we trying to win a SB or trying to make sure everyone’s feelings are kosher?

Another factor . . . a lock down CB makes the job of the Safety easier. Having NI on the boundary will force a Safety to keep a closer eye on him.

Jones is not a top 5 CB.

Stopped reading your post after that.

Jones is not a top 5 CB.

Stopped reading your post after that.
Please show me where I said Jones is a top 5 CB. No need to put words in my mouth.

He was considered the top FA CB in that class. I didn't even agree that he was quite as good as the public perception when we signed him. But what I said was the consensus at the time.

Last edited:
Some people were concerned, some were not. Just part of the way into 2020 he was the running 4 year INT leader and it was talked about every week. I don’t care about Fuller or Parker in the same
way as a CB or QB. That’s what people are missing. None of those positions matter anywhere near as much as the aforementioned two. Are we trying to win a SB or trying to make sure everyone’s feelings are kosher?
That's what I'm trying to figure out here.

Apparently we can't sign guys if the contract might hurt other players feelings in the future. 🙄

That's what I'm trying to figure out here.

Apparently we can't sign guys if the contract might hurt other players feelings in the future. 🙄
Well, I want to win. So if that means giving X more than Jones to make him happy I’m ok w it. If Parker comes to me and says now I want to be paid more, I tell him to pound sand.

It’s been said very well by others, he is not and will never be a slot guy. His measurables and skill set are a boundary corner plain and simple. I love how that week two game versus a elite slot guy in Diggs drove so many long term opinions. Putting him there in the slot is asking for failure, it’s like asking the Manning brothers to run an option offense with their horrid running ability.

How many of you were amazing high end guys at your job on the second week? I was a great academic and had tons of internships and training, I rolled into baseball out of college and on my second week was LOST like completely lost. Real life speed is way different than you can ever prepare for, he has the talent like most of us do when we start a job or task, but the skill takes time.

Geez at 21 most of us were hooking up with strange and doing keg stands this dude was playing in the NFL

Back
Top Bottom