.343 - This season was a mirage | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

.343 - This season was a mirage

To be clear, I'm not calling us a fraud. A lot of us, me included, got super excited when this team went on a run, but in hindsight, I now realize, we were beating ****ty teams which inflated our ego
No offense, but I'll speak for myself thank you. You obviously are feeling pretty bad, and I'm sorry for that, but you're just lashing out with your post. Misery loves company, and apparently you're not can it be happy unless you make someone else miserable. I don't look at it like you do to me the glass was half-full this season. Myself, I saw progress in almost every facet of the game. I understand the rebuild was not a one year deal, we have a terrific looking first two days in the draft, with the opportunity to really shore up some areas. We have ample money to play around with free agency, it should be an exciting off-season again, and hopefully a normal preseason. When you're ready to walk away from the ledge message me, hopefully I can make you feel better.

If you can’t see the HUGE improvement from last year to this year, idk what to tell you. Are we there yet? No, but the future looks better then it has in many years.

No offense, but I'll speak for myself thank you. You obviously are feeling pretty bad, and I'm sorry for that, but you're just lashing out with your post. Misery loves company, and apparently you're not can it be happy unless you make someone else miserable. I don't look at it like you do to me the glass was half-full this season. Myself, I saw progress in almost every facet of the game. I understand the rebuild was not a one year deal, we have a terrific looking first two days in the draft, with the opportunity to really shore up some areas. We have ample money to play around with free agency, it should be an exciting off-season again, and hopefully a normal preseason. When you're ready to walk away from the ledge message me, hopefully I can make you feel better.
Lol "saw progress in almost every facet"
Tua regressed
Byron regressed
Ogbah regressed
Wide receivers were always terrible
Oline regressed
X was literally that good that he held this team. Without him, we wouldn't have a defensive identity and without that identity we'd be a 6 win team

When we all looked at the schedule and predicted how many wins what did you predict OP ?

7 maybe 8 if we got lucky :shrug:

I am an optimist and I said 8

Brother @Ray R and @Fin-Loco were the only one's to predict 10 wins or more i think

We were all wrong and the team did great doubling the win total from the year before

Not a playoff team yet but getting there

I am still pissed we let the jets score 3 points. That's unacceptable

;)
I need a Nostradamus badge please. Dolphins Seer.

.343 says it all.

.343 was our strength of victory

Only 4 teams had a lower SOV % then us, and only one of those teams made it to the playoffs- the Bears, and we all know, they're a fraud.

We weren't a good team, we were just good at beating up on bad teams.

Our best win was probably against a regressing Jared Goff.

I thought our best opponent might have been against the Cardinals but they fell apart at the end of the season, finishing 3-5 (with a crazy hailmary to get one of those wins)

Outside of Xavien Howard, what does this team really have that scares opponents?

Gesicki is solid, Parker is as well, albeit not someone you can count on for an entire season.

Our OL was getting smashed by Bills backups.

On defense, We have solid guys with guys like Sieler, Davis Wilkins, KVN, AVG, Rowe, and Baker.

Byron is the most overpaid player in the league. Ogbah fizzled out. - He had 1 sack in his last 6 games.

As for me Brian Flores, I love me some B Flo but his defense is predicated on keeping his DBs on an island, if they can do that, our team shines, and they usually do, but if there's a mental lapse by anyone of those guys, it's a huge play. I think we were one of the top defenses giving up 20+ yards for the season.

Also, although Flo should be applauded for the turnaround he's led, I'll never understand this odd game plan where we start off ultra conservative on offense, and then in the 2nd half, with our backs against the wall, Flo decides to open it up. Can anyone explain that oddity? It's so bizarre.

Don't know how this will turn out, but there were teams we beat (or lost to) because of covid or injuries. Rating teams on all 16 games misses that

To be clear, I'm not calling us a fraud. A lot of us, me included, got super excited when this team went on a run, but in hindsight, I now realize, we were beating ****ty teams which inflated our ego
All you can do is play the teams you're scheduled. If they're shitty teams, beat them. All you can do.

Why are we searching for stats that would belittle the accomplishments of the team this season? I don't know about strength of schedule but it seemed like every week we were going to get beat because the other team was so good. Be it Kyler Murray, Aaron Donald, Mahomes or whoever we were facing, there seemed a certainty that we would lose. But, we kept winning despite zero on offense. Our record is 10-6 and that's a great job this year.

.343 says it all.

Only 4 teams had a lower SOV % then us, and only one of those teams made it to the playoffs- the Bears, and we all know, they're a fraud.

I thought our best opponent might have been against the Cardinals but they fell apart at the end of the season, finishing 3-5 (with a crazy hailmary to get one of those wins)

Outside of Xavien Howard, what does this team really have that scares opponents?

Gesicki is solid, Parker is as well, albeit not someone you can count on for an entire season.

On defense, We have solid guys with guys like Sieler, Davis Wilkins, KVN, AVG, Rowe, and Baker.

Byron is the most overpaid player in the league. Ogbah fizzled out. - He had 1 sack in his last 6 games.

As for me Brian Flores, I love me some B Flo but his defense is predicated on keeping his DBs on an island, if they can do that, our team shines, and they usually do, but if there's a mental lapse by anyone of those guys, it's a huge play. I think we were one of the top defenses giving up 20+ yards for the season.

Also, although Flo should be applauded for the turnaround he's led, I'll never understand this odd game plan where we start off ultra conservative on offense, and then in the 2nd half, with our backs against the wall, Flo decides to open it up. Can anyone explain that oddity? It's so bizarre.
The Cardinals had a winning record when they beat us and those Cardinals beat the Hawks and they beat the bills. Murray is young but a good qb. Rams have a tough defense. Raiders faltered but they had a rough schedule and only team to beat chiefs. This team was good but not good enough. They'll be a lot better after some needed offensive help which they can definitely bolster with top picks next draft.

Why are we searching for stats that would belittle the accomplishments of the team this season? I don't know about strength of schedule but it seemed like every week we were going to get beat because the other team was so good. Be it Kyler Murray, Aaron Donald, Mahomes or whoever we were facing, there seemed a certainty that we would lose. But, we kept winning despite zero on offense. Our record is 10-6 and that's a great job this year.
Since the divisions changed the dolphins have played a 4th place schedule 5 times. 4 of those times they followed it up with a winning season (9-7,11-5,10-6,10-6). None of those were followed with a winning season (6-10, 7-9, 6-10). What makes you think this season will be any different? Because of flores and his negative 122 point differential is different? Im pretty sure people though nick saban was the real deal, tony sparano “built the team the right way” and gase finally got tannehill fixed. Flores single handily cost the dolphins the playoffs this year switching to tua. No guarantee that next year is going to be good.

Next year our schedule will be harder and we might be a better team than this year and go 9-7 or 10-6 again. We just gotta keep progressing
Many many posters said the same thing at the end of last year. We are going to lose more than 5 games because our schedule will be much harder playing the NFC west...
Seems like this is posted every year.

I’m surprised you had to look up SOS to realize our wins were against shitty teams. Did you watch the games? This is not a revelation and really shouldn’t need to be pointed out to those paying attention. Year one of a rebuild, not bad we’re above the bad teams now. Still lots of work to be done. Probably 2 years away because we will build through the draft and probably have to put up with rookies not being superstars right away (in other words according to Finheaven busts). With more development those busts will get better. Team could regress next year too. Bills are still gonna be really good, NE has a **** ton of money and the Jets have to get better. This is a pivotal offseason for Flo and Grier. Not saying they’ll be fired or anything crazy like that. Pivotal meaning they need to stay ahead of NE and the Jets and gain ground on Buffalo.

Also people realize the difference between a 1st place schedule and 4th place schedule is 2 games right. That’s it, the rest is identical for divisional opponents and if you’re matched up with a shitty division, like the NFC East, 1st place teams in other divisions could have it easier than 4th place teams in another despite those 2 games. Looking at 1st place vs 4th place schedules is overrated. For instance in 2008 we had the 4th place schedule. We went 0-2 in the 2 different games dictated by the 4th place schedule and 11-3 in the same games the rest of the AFC East played.

Last edited:
Since the divisions changed the dolphins have played a 4th place schedule 5 times. 4 of those times they followed it up with a winning season (9-7,11-5,10-6,10-6). None of those were followed with a winning season (6-10, 7-9, 6-10). What makes you think this season will be any different? Because of flores and his negative 122 point differential is different? Im pretty sure people though nick saban was the real deal, tony sparano “built the team the right way” and gase finally got tannehill fixed. Flores single handily cost the dolphins the playoffs this year switching to tua. No guarantee that next year is going to be good.

If you're going to troll at least get your information correct. The Fins were a +66 in point differential this year. Flores' chemistry with his players and his coaching are the main reason the Fins even had a chance at the playoffs in the first place...****ing newbies.

We were what our record says we were.

We were a 10 Win - 6 Loss team.

None of the assumptive negatives carry any weight, except in the minds of the "Lemmings" on this board.

Watch while they self identify - LOL

.343 says it all.

The season is over. What difference does it make at this point. Let's just make sure the '21 Dolphins are setup to win the right way.

Back
Top Bottom