3Ps Totally off topic Heat/Pistons thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3Ps Totally off topic Heat/Pistons thread

NaboCane said:
Man, McMillan would be a coup...but how will Detroit steal him from Seattle? Or did he get fired?

McMillan's contract is up and Seattle hasn't signed him to an extension. At this point, with a few plum jobs opening up, he's probably not in a hurry to sign an extension now.

Mindwarp said:
Im worried that LB might put in hunter alot more against wade. he has seamed to shut wade down.

I think he'll do it more, but almost certainly no more than 15 or so minutes a game. The Pistons give up too much offense if he's in the game, and if they move Rip Hamilton to the 3, they give up too much size and rebounding. Hunter's best role is to come off the bench, set the tone, frustrate Wade and force him to expend some energy on offense. But if they played him more minutes, the flaws in his game would really show. This, by the way, is where they really miss Mike James. The James-Hunter backcourt combo could come in for 5 minute stretches and bug the hell out of the opposing guards with a full court press.

Have I missed the part yet where the Pistons fans finally acknowledge the Heat are a very good team and that the only reason they are even in this is because Shaq is at about 50%? Did I miss it???

I like that they won last night with Shaq playing hurt and Wade scoring only 15. It says a lot about this Heat team that even with all that going on - and Eddie Jones having an off scoring night as well - the rest of the team can step up and play well enough to beat the defending champs without any start power behind them.

fin-atic said:
Have I missed the part yet where the Pistons fans finally acknowledge the Heat are a very good team and that the only reason they are even in this is because Shaq is at about 50%? Did I miss it???

Yo, Ray Charles, check the previous page. Oh, hell, I'll do it myself...

Am I happy about the fact that I'm more or less relying on Shaq's declining health to submarine Miami's hopes in this series? No. But I can't deny it: if Shaq's 100%, this series is probably 3-0 right now. But are Heat fans whining WAY too much about this? You bet. When you rely on a big man who's spent the last five years between 50 and 80 pounds overweight and averaged about 15-20 games on the injured list, you can't exactly be shocked when he gets hurt. That's like me complaining that Sheed's technical killed whatever momentum Detroit had last night; it comes with the territory.

Happy?

NaboCane said:
I like that they won last night with Shaq playing hurt and Wade scoring only 15. It says a lot about this Heat team that even with all that going on - and Eddie Jones having an off scoring night as well - the rest of the team can step up and play well enough to beat the defending champs without any start power behind them.

Easily the most disconcerting development of this series for me. Miami had Wade and Shaq hurt, and Detroit still couldn't capitalize.

I'd give more credit to the Heat, but frankly, I think fin-atic needs his feathers ruffled a little after that whinefest he had above. So I'll blame it all on Detroit playing lousy basketball, and their season-long trend of not playing hard until they absolutely have to.

phunwin said:
Easily the most disconcerting development of this series for me. Miami had Wade and Shaq hurt, and Detroit still couldn't capitalize.

I'd give more credit to the Heat, but frankly, I think fin-atic needs his feathers ruffled a little after that whinefest he had above. So I'll blame it all on Detroit playing lousy basketball, and their season-long trend of not playing hard until they absolutely have to.

Who do you think will take Saturday's game, Phil? I think it's gonna be a freakin' war.

edit: I've commissioned the neatest sig for you; you're gonna love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
NaboCane said:
Who do you think will take Saturday's game, Phil? I think it's gonna be a freakin' war.

edit: I've commissioned the neatest sig for you; you're gonna love it.

Actually, I think Detroit is going to win handily. There's a decent chance that Miami just writes this game off if they go down by 10-12 points. Why risk further injury when you're going to fight another day?
I think that Detroit gets an early lead and SVG decides that discretion is the better part of valor and sits Wade and O'Neal for most of the second half to rest them for game 7. That, by the way, would be the right move.

phunwin said:
Yo, Ray Charles, check the previous page. Oh, hell, I'll do it myself...

Happy?
Ahhhhh!!
Much better. Thanks for doing the busy work and enforcing my laziness. You know this thread was just too long to go back and read through it all again. I knew you would get right to it.

Whine? Me? No way brother. I am just enjoying a good series. And you have to admit that this would be over of Shaq were 100%. I mean your behind when he is 50%. The Wallace boys are non-factors.

The Pistons still have a legitimate chance. They are no slouches. If Wade is hurt, then they have an excellent choice of pulling it out. But if Miami can get the contribution from the bench they got last night, Miami has the shot. It will be very interesting to see what happens.

The bad news for both teams is that a well rested healthy Spurs team is waiting for the winner. And they are very, very, very good.

OK; This is really starting to piss me off now:

The Pistons were especially disgusted with the officiating, which resulted in foul trouble for Rasheed Wallace and Ben Wallace.

''Wasn't a lot of time for us out there on the floor,'' Rasheed Wallace said. ``You know, had to put up with the extra help they had out there.''

Asked to explain what he meant, Wallace was fairly clear.

''Don't try to bait me on this,'' he said. ``You already know what I mean.''

This is from the Herald's article today.

WTF? EVERYONE in the NBA has to contend with officiating they don't like at one point or another; Shaq has to contend with it practically every f*****g minute he's on the court. But this?

So, you're the Detroit Pistons, you build your entire game and your reputation on a tough, physical style of play - and your backup Center freely and candidly admits that he intentionally fouls Shaq every chance he gets - and Sheed has the audacity to complain about the offiating? When the refs are calling maybe 10% of what they could call on the Pistons, the way they're hacking people out there?

C'mon, Sheed - butch up, and shut up.

Fouls were right at an even number 23 for Detroit, 22 for Miami. That blame the Refs crap is for losers. Hey Phunwin talk about whining, this is a HOF whining performance by Rasheed.

Here's a clue for "Sheed". Take more than 4 shots a game and make some points. Do your part before you blame the refs.

NaboCane said:
OK; This is really starting to piss me off now:

This is from the Herald's article today.

WTF? EVERYONE in the NBA has to contend with officiating they don't like at one point or another; Shaq has to contend with it practically every f*****g minute he's on the court. But this?

So, you're the Detroit Pistons, you build your entire game and your reputation on a tough, physical style of play - and your backup Center freely and candidly admits that he intentionally fouls Shaq every chance he gets - and Sheed has the audacity to complain about the offiating? When the refs are calling maybe 10% of what they could call on the Pistons, the way they're hacking people out there?

C'mon, Sheed - butch up, and shut up.

He needs some crackers to go with his WHINE. I said it in an earlier post, that these guys cry about every single foul.

Not one of them Pistons complained in game 4 when Miami's two big men had to sit out for almost the first quarter because of some ticky tack fouls. As a matter of fact they almost seemed like that is the way all games should be called.

In every single game in this series, if anyone barely touches Rip, it's a foul. Wade however, he gets the crap beat out of him and only gets a call half the time.

Not to mention that a foul could be called on every single play that Shaq has the ball. EVERY PLAY

But the Miami players don't cry about it, at least not to this point...

You'll notice I talked not an iota of smack about game 6. Frankly, I don't think anyone seriously expected Miami to win. I will say this much; tonight could be the game that helps create the "Legend of Dwyane Wade". I don't think a "Willis Reed" will be enough for a victory; Wade has to pull a "Michael Jordan in the Flu Game" tonight.

By the way, I think he plays, in case anyone's wondering. How effectively is anyone's guess. I'm sure the Pistons will be pounding him like a piece of cheap veal every time he drives into the paint.

I'm also eager to see how the officiating plays out. Wade's been getting a TON of MJ-level superstar calls in this series (Ozzy, I repeat, I have no idea what series you've been watching, but it's not this one), but I can't deny it, the officiating on balance has been terrible both ways. Refs traditionally swallow their whistles in a game 7: "no blood, no foul". But this series has had a huge number of ticky-tack fouls called.

Anyway, good luck, Heat fans.

EDIT: Nabo, I've got my next article written to post Tuesday, win or lose. :)

I agree that Wade needs to have the MJ with the flu game tonight. and hopefully he still gets the MJ calls tonight cause we will need it especially with detroit looking to play more phsycal against him.

Back
Top Bottom