8-12-18 Training Camp Day 11 | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8-12-18 Training Camp Day 11

Is DVP regressing? Mentally something is not right there. This is a contract year and he is just going through the motions.

Seems like Gase purposely challenged him today and he failed. I'd keep going at him hard with the entire route tree and even let the defense know what the call is every single practice until he comes out of his funk and performs or quits. Tired of this BS with him.
The year we gave him all the hype … definitely too much hype, Parker seemed to respond and started looking extremely good. But, as has been his history, he got injured. I wonder what our opinion would have been of him had he not gotten injured that year like he did. He seemed like he was putting it all together. Now, without that belief in him, and without Jarvis Landry around to increase everyone's energy, it seems like Parker feels more distant. I could easily be wrong, but something just isn't there, I agree with you.

Parker is gonna be fine.

Based on what? How many years have you been telling yourself that? I don't even care if he goes elsewhere and blows up. It sure as hell doesn't look like it's gonna happen here.

McCain playing boundary and minkah playing slot is 2 guys playing out of position at this level.

How anyone can watch that Tampa tape and want fitz anywhere other than safety is beyond me. He shredded it.

That said sure minkah can play slot. Just not as much bang for our buck.

The reason this has to go down more than anything else is the 3rd lb is a major issue. Baker and Alonzo in base together screams run the ball at Miami.

Miamis scrambling as much due to the 3rd lb as it is any boundary corner stuff.

That 3rd lb stuff is ugly. Chase Allen in 3 lb looks at strong and Baker in certain nickel packages where the sticks let me hide him at the poa is what I’d be doing.

At least baker looks like he can play in more nickel sets than anticipated. Be ready kid cause you are gonna have to. Miamis lb depth is horrendous yet again.

I’d be package playing the hell out of this lb Corp in 2018. Doing my damnest to hide obvious weakness in the unit.

If minkah shows he’s a top 5 slot cover option carrying coverage well then I will be dumbfounded cause that safety stuff looked like he was born for it. And he did that fresh off playing a primary slot corner in 18 at bama. You aren’t covering Clemsons renfro at this level in the slot every week. These 2 way go guys will expose safety like skill set carry coverage. Unless he’s a serious exception.

He’d play primary safety for me who can also cover the slot in some packages. That centerfield range and instincts and nose for the ball is legit.

Too bad we can’t cut Stephone Anthony cause this lb Corp depth play options is so bad. It’s never gonna click with that dude. The saints knew it that’s why they pawned him on us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobby McCain ranked very highly at boundary corner and Minkah is very good in the slot. We also have 2 other good safeties. We can run 3 safety sets. I don't see why its a big issue to show versatility. Keeps the offense guessing. Its not like McCain was a horrible boundary corner. He was very good at it actually

I hate trying to hide one weakness by creating another. Or at least asking guys to do things that they aren’t their best at.

It goes wrong Burke will be first guy to walk the plank. And probably in season.

I’d bet all the money in my wallet the reason mccain wasn’t attacked as much in base last year on the boundary was cause the lb level in base was such damn easy pickings.

God help us something happens to raekwon. Chase Allen as a mike is brutal. Hell they even tried anthony at mike today cause he’s god awful at strong. 2 bad options.

I wanted to see poling then I did on that last drive and he’s nowhere close to ready to help us on d. Hell he was worse than mike hull. And that’s saying a lot.

Any attrition at lb and we are screwed. There’s only really 4 that we can play with any ways.

You show me baker and Alonzo in base and yeah I’m going after that in the run game.

Bakers about to get serious baptism by fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
McCain playing boundary and minkah playing slot is 2 guys playing out of position at this level.

How anyone can watch that Tampa tape and want fitz anywhere other than safety is beyond me. He shredded it.

That said sure minkah can play slot. Just not as much bang for our buck.

The reason this has to go down more than anything else is the 3rd lb is a major issue. Baker and Alonzo in base together screams run the ball at Miami.

Miamis scrambling as much due to the 3rd lb as it is any boundary corner stuff.

That 3rd lb stuff is ugly. Chase Allen in 3 lb looks at strong and Baker in certain nickel packages where the sticks let me hide him at the poa is what I’d be doing.

At least baker looks like he can play in more nickel sets than anticipated. Be ready kid cause you are gonna have to. Miamis lb depth is horrendous yet again.

I’d be package playing the hell out of this lb Corp in 2018. Doing my damnest to hide obvious weakness in the unit.

If minkah shows he’s a top 5 slot cover option carrying coverage well then I will be dumbfounded cause that safety stuff looked like he was born for it. And he did that fresh off playing a primary slot corner in 18 at bama. You aren’t covering Clemsons renfro at this level in the slot every week. These 2 way go guys will expose safety like skill set carry coverage. Unless he’s a serious exception.

He’d play primary safety for me who can also cover the slot in some packages. That centerfield range and instincts and nose for the ball is legit.

Too bad we can’t cut Stephone Anthony cause this lb Corp depth play options is so bad. It’s never gonna click with that dude. The saints knew it that’s why they pawned him on us.

Minkah is the exception. Trust and believe he can play that slot position at an elite level.

Personally, I would rather he play FS and let the other chips fall where he dictates them to go.

Please get smythe more run next game. His space block sprung Ford on his td play.

Get Vincent Taylor more looks with the 1s also. And let’s see chase Allen at strong in base 3 lb sets.

And yeah give me a heavy dose of minkah in the slot so I can see that carry cover. The kid Davis needs a nfl red shirt. Not strong or physical enough and a cut the legs tackler. Even for the slot.

And get dvp in the progression. He wasn’t Thursday

Back
Top Bottom