8-12-18 Training Camp Day 11 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8-12-18 Training Camp Day 11

Is DVP regressing? Mentally something is not right there. This is a contract year and he is just going through the motions.

Seems like Gase purposely challenged him today and he failed. I'd keep going at him hard with the entire route tree and even let the defense know what the call is every single practice until he comes out of his funk and performs or quits. Tired of this BS with him.
Yeah I'm very worried at this point.... or Howard is the second coming of revis lol

Sure he did. Miami was betting on Parker showing number 1 capability in a number 1 frame and having to make a decision on who to give a huge contract becomes easy at that point. There was absolutely no chance of Miami paying both of those guys and a reliable speedster in Kenny Stills.

Once it got to the point in 2017 where Jarvis was still producing while Devante went missing, the Juice price got to a point that Miami just couldn’t afford for a guy who isn’t a Bonafide #1 build.

This year the theory gets tested all while still holding out hope for Devante turning that corner . . . .and funny enough if he has a typical Devante year, Miami likely still holds out hope on the 5th year option and 10 million . . . Because well those guys are coveted and costly.

That said, the Juice price was still justified on his end, because of the UFA status and the overall production, despite not being a typical #1 build. When it gets to that point the price goes up and Jarvis, playing his heart out for 4 cheap durable years without much of any assurance and never holding out said “I’m a get paid”.

Good for him and hopefully good for us if we can properly replace him.

I don't think it's that simple. You don't even think on awarding huge contracts to players who are inconsistent and mentally weak. Miami would have signed Landry for 12 per but he wanted more. They didn't say screw you , we got Parker who is better.

You're talking to a yahoo who thinks Sage Rosenfels was better than Ryan Tannehill.
I made the original point that Chambers wasnt great... And TBH I have no idea how someone could logically make that argument while at the same time saying Parker is a bonafide bust...

I don't think it's that simple. You don't even think on awarding huge contracts to players who are inconsistent and mentally weak. Miami would have signed Landry for 12 per but he wanted more. They didn't say screw you , we got Parker who is better.

Truth is we’ll never know what Jarvis wanted after 2016. Dolphins know Devante has big play potential in a big play body, whether he reaches it in the next year or 2, who knows. Trading him ala Kelvin Benjamin for a 3 mid season could be a real possibility, but a major WR injury could see them do better than that before the season.

I know for sure Miami had no interest in extending Landry for anything meaningful when their cap situation was already dicey, then Ryan goes down and another 10 million dropped on Jay made it a non starter. Once dude put up 9 touchdowns and continued his durability and production, the price elevated. . .. Jarvis said the best offer was 5/55 with 27 million guaranteed . . . .which may of gotten it done in 2016, certainly not after 2017 with a UFA status and a rising cap.

Who knows what to believe tho. Either way Devante has got to step up or Miami needs to trade him and get something of value in return while the idea of “potential” is still there.

I thought Tankersly and Lippett were assets. Heard McTyer was playing well and that McCain was going to play boundary in the base defense

this is quite surprising. we have so many DB's and yet so many questions at LB and DT

They see Mctyer as a 3 tool backup, who can play all the Cb positions . . . .and that is fair. Problem is Lippett is not fully recovered and he is pressing and it’s costing him and Tank continues to blow coverages.

But you would think this can get resolved without having to over insure the CB position.

For my money, Minkah should be FS day 1, but in 2018 having your nickel DB situation Jones/TJ/X/Bmac/Minkah . . . .gets your 5 best DBs on the field, while you probably end up IRing Lippett and making Mctyer and Tank your primary backups at CB, with Smith backing up the safety position. Then you keep an Elston or a Davis or an Armstrong in the mix for depth/ST.

I think someone touched on it previously, but to elaborate, I think Landry leaving gave Parker the sense that he was a lock to make the team, hence the lack of effort on his part. I’ve got 3 words for Parker....FORD/OWUSU/SCOTT, one of them might make you expendable if you’re not careful

Play Minkah at FS in base 4-3, shift him to slot corner in nickel sets bringing in TJ Ward. This is how I'm rolling him out in Madden 19 and it's been very effective.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are losing some faith in Lippett and basically every corner who isn’t Howard / mccain, that’s what breeland is about? Curious how this shakes out, disappointing tank is still having so many miscommunications or whatever his deal has been, disappointing Lippett might not be ready, physically to compete 100%

Back
Top Bottom