8-12-18 Training Camp Day 11 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8-12-18 Training Camp Day 11

Maybe they always knew McCain was their backup plan? Drafting minkah who is extremely versatile made this more plausible. Arizona moved Mathieu everywhere effectively. We do have 3 good safeties

@AdamHBeasley: McCain on the boundary. Fitzpatrick in the slot. Interesting!

play our first round pick of of position? play the most expensive slot cb in the league out of postion? great work from the front office at cb

You can't possibly be serious here? Its T.C. and they're experimenting with different players and schemes and this is your thought?

Chambers wasnt great...
You are correct: Chambers wasn't great, but he was very good. I mean, we haven't really had a receiver play at his level since he left. In this offense a player with Chambers' skillset would be Tannehill's best friend. That's what makes Parker so frustrating. We all know he has the talent, but he just doesn't seem motivated to go for it every day...or ANY day for that matter.

You are correct: Chambers wasn't great, but he was very good. I mean, we haven't really had a receiver play at his level since he left. In this offense a player with Chambers' skillset would be Tannehill's best friend. That's what makes Parker so frustrating. We all know he has the talent, but he just doesn't seem motivated to go for it every day...or ANY day for that matter.

Some serious overrating of Chambers here. Chambers was a good jump ball end zone receiver. Other than that he was a pretty inconsistent number one. I wouldn't say he was any more productive than Marshall or Landry.

Some serious overrating of Chambers here. Chambers was a good jump ball end zone receiver. Other than that he was a pretty inconsistent number one. I wouldn't say he was any more productive than Marshall or Landry.
I am not going to derail the Training Camp thread with this discussion, so this is the last time I will speak on this here. Landry was very good. I am not one who was a fan of Marshall's time here. A lot of that had to do with Chad Henne and qb play, but Marshall could have handled it better. Also, Chambers balled out with qbs like Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels. The guy wasn't elite, but he is definitely was the best I've seen since the 2000s. I haven't looked at the numbers, and you are more than welcome to prove me wrong in another thread.

Chambers was not very good. He could make the spectacular catch, but was terrible at adjusting to the ball in the air and poor catching technique.

Dolphins QBs completed 47.8% of their passes throwing to him for a 6.7 YPA. Tannehill's completion % would land somewhere in the low to mid 50s if Chambers was his best friend with a YPA of less than 7. We'll see how well Tannehill does without Landry this year. Hopefully Amendola can stay healthy and Gesicki can be highly productive his rookie year to soften the loss of Landry.

Yea Parker is one of the bigger reasons they made Jarvis expendable, knowing a potential payday was nearing.

People can roast Jarvis all day but we all wish Parker was 1/2 the WR Landry was for this team.

Next man up
Do you really think the staff thought he is more than we think he is or can be? I have to believe their expectations mimic ours and maybe moreso afterall they see him everyday and on film.

Serious question. When has he been dominant? I ask because I have never seen it.
He is a deep receiver and red zone threat. We've seen a few glimpses of him as a red zone threat, but he has shown that more in practice than in games. As a deep threat he has a pretty good YPC average, and he has done a good job of winning contested balls. Even last year, when you look at Cutler, a poor QB on a bad offense, Parker started off pretty decently with these stats:

Week Opp Result Target Rec Yard Avg TD Att Yard Avg TD FPts
2 at LAC W 19-17 9 4 85 21.3 0 0 0 - 0 8.5
3 at NYJ L 6-20 10 8 76 9.5 1 0 0 - 0 13.6
4 NO L 0-20 8 6 69 11.5 0 0 0 - 0 6.9

9 OAK L 24-27 8 5 76 15.2 0 0 0 - 0 7.6

In light of our poor offensive play, Parker did well. But when Cutler went completely gun-shy and kept back-peddling non-stop, he couldn't throw Parker's routes any more, so he started force-feeding the short option, Jarvis Landry. While last year wasn't Parker's greatest run of games, it is recent and it shows he was being productive.

I don't have the time to put together an extensive showing for you … although I wish I did. With Parker it has been tough, because the combo of his health and our OL's lack of protection not giving the QB time to throw long, has really limited his effectiveness. But he definitely has been dominant at times.

I know highlights are not analysis, but it's all I have time for right now, so just look at the difficult catches he hauls in.

Start at 0:15

There are plenty of other ones, but this should give you an overview. There are a lot of difficult catches there. Hope that at least gives you a flavor of what we think he can become.

Last edited:
I am not going to derail the Training Camp thread with this discussion, so this is the last time I will speak on this here. Landry was very good. I am not one who was a fan of Marshall's time here. A lot of that had to do with Chad Henne and qb play, but Marshall could have handled it better. Also, Chambers balled out with qbs like Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels. The guy wasn't elite, but he is definitely was the best I've seen since the 2000s. I haven't looked at the numbers, and you are more than welcome to prove me wrong in another thread.

How can you vouch for a guy because he played with Frerotte and Rosenfels when the other guy played with Henne? The former two were miles better for wide receivers. They may not have been consistent quarterbacks but they were guys looking for big plays and looking for their receivers to have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom