8-12-18 Training Camp Day 11 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8-12-18 Training Camp Day 11

It is things like this, giving straight information without an agenda or click-bait spin, that makes me interested in what Omar says. If he were to keep doing things like this, I could tolerate him. Unfortunately, his pre-season tweets life at camp are absolutely the best part of w hat he offers. But, if he could offer this more often, he would have a much larger following, IMHO.

Very true . . . He is arguably the most knowledgeable football guy we have out there on the scene. Problem is he knows that and it feeds his ego to the point that he tosses out all these crazy opinions and views instead of being impartial and giving a straight view of the action.

It’s ok to have a dog in the race but at least give a fair shake of what’s going on.

Maybe Miami can trade Parker for that guy Landry on the Browns or that guy Matthews on the Titans?

Yea Parker is one of the bigger reasons they made Jarvis expendable, knowing a potential payday was nearing.

People can roast Jarvis all day but we all wish Parker was 1/2 the WR Landry was for this team.

Next man up

Stills banged up not a surprise unfortunately. Glad we have lots of depth. Like to see if the Owoso kid is for real then ya got trade bait for Parker.
Kicker Sanders looking consistent today cool. Posters expecting him to kick 50 yarders consistently on some of these threads in the pre game is over the top. Lets get thru the next 3 preseasons before throwing in the towel.
Getting over to the corner back issue. Folks we have the talent. Lippett showed well a couple of years ago, Tank might have the most talent of them all his issues out of college was tackling and he tackled last year fairly well, Howard while at times appeared inconsistent at times has proven he has talent and the stats that Ckparrot posted about McCain last year proved what a asset he was in lineup. So if there is a issue it will be the coaching.
At this point if there is a concern it should be about DT and if Spence is good enough along with a good backup to McMillian at middle linebacker.
Owusu … the kid has some talent. Big, fast … just too raw at this point, and it's been a few years, so his time is running out. But, if someone could take that athlete and help him become a receiver … there's a lot of potential there.

where to begin...

1. McCain is not the most expensive slot corner in the NFL...
2. McCain played boundary last year and did well (Chris Harris does this as well, plays boundary and slot)
3. Minkah is an excellent slot player (played it most of his snaps his last year at Alabama

Why is it a bad thing that we are trying to get our best players on the field all at the same time?
IMHO, it's because our defense has sucked royally without a Free Safety. That is, arguably, the most impactful position on a defense after pass rushers. If you could have the next Ed Reed or Earl Thomas, but instead play him as a very solid slot corner … you'd be massively wasting your resources.

Build around Fitzpatrick at FS. Sure, let him have the flexibility to shift into the slot for certain tough matchups, or to take away certain tendencies late in the game … but let that kid ballhawk! It allows us to keep Reshad/McDonald near the LoS where they are very effective, and allows us to play single-high with our CB's taking an aggressive approach. Our defense really can come alive if we have a real FS. Fitzpatrick is that guy … so I'm definitely not selecting a slot CB in the top 10, but I'll run that card to the podium for a potential HoF FS. Fitzpatrick can be that guy … so we should be playing him there from day 1 and re-arranging everything else in the secondary to accommodate it, IMHO.

There is something more to the Tank situation- like he keeps
Blowing assignments or something that we dont see yet.

Only thing that explains the thinking at CB
The penalties for blown assignments are too high in the secondary. I still think Tankersley starts, but he's not going to get promoted until they feel they can trust him to be assignment-sound.

Let's circle back around the 3rd preseason game and see where Tankersley is … because I think that when the regular season starts, they'll live with his learning curve and allow him to get the reps needed to become assignment-sound. But, they're not going to give it to him on a silver platter, and they don't need to with the talent we're showing in this secondary.

Regarding Parker, he has seemed to have very distinct up and down periods, which always makes me wonder about whether he battles depression. Regardless, the kid usually has periods of absolute dominant play. We have seen it in the regular season, but usually it's more of a pre-season flash then he gets hurt. Thinking positively … maybe we will get that run of healthy and dominant play during the season this year. It's a contract year, and he needs to show out.

Regarding Parker, he has seemed to have very distinct up and down periods, which always makes me wonder about whether he battles depression. Regardless, the kid usually has periods of absolute dominant play. We have seen it in the regular season, but usually it's more of a pre-season flash then he gets hurt. Thinking positively … maybe we will get that run of healthy and dominant play during the season this year. It's a contract year, and he needs to show out.
I admire the optimism man, but I've lost all hope for the guy. He has like two, three good games all season and is an absolute ghost aside from that.

He's soft as babysh*t as well.

Yea Parker is one of the bigger reasons they made Jarvis expendable, knowing a potential payday was nearing.

People can roast Jarvis all day but we all wish Parker was 1/2 the WR Landry was for this team.

Next man up

I dont think Parker made Jarvis expendable in the FO eyes. I think Jarvis' desire to make over 15 million did!

They way Gase has been seeing it sounds as though the freak injuries are messing with his head. He seems to believe that Parker has just gotten unlucky because when he has played well he just gets hurt in an unfortunate way. Last year was tough because Cutler couldn't get him the ball but lots of blame was placed on him. I'm just interested to see if he can put together one good game after another and not get hurt. Of course this is all speculation

Those 2 tweets I posted were out of order but there it is. They not confident in tank as a starter

I admire the optimism man, but I've lost all hope for the guy. He has like two, three good games all season and is an absolute ghost aside from that.

He's soft as babysh*t as well.
You have a point … but there is no denying that when he is on he is dominant. We're committed to him this year, and we haven't signed on for next year, so this is the time for him to show out, from both our perspective and his. Let's see what he does. I have my fingers crossed. I'm rooting for the kid.

They way Gase has been seeing it sounds as though the freak injuries are messing with his head. He seems to believe that Parker has just gotten unlucky because when he has played well he just gets hurt in an unfortunate way. Last year was tough because Cutler couldn't get him the ball but lots of blame was placed on him. I'm just interested to see if he can put together one good game after another and not get hurt. Of course this is all speculation
I actually agree with that. Cutler was locked in on Parker until the OL woes made Cutler so gun-shy he refused to throw deep any more. Once he became Captain Backpedal, Parker's season was essentially over.

The injuries have been the reason he has not reached his potential. But there comes a time when it's who you are. Thus far, DeVante Parker has been a guy who lacks the most important ability … availability. Every year he's playing injured and coming nowhere near his potential. If he doesn't prove himself this year … he will become just another journeyman free agent being recycled by the likes of Carolina, Cleveland, and Tennessee.

Back
Top Bottom