A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise!

Roll with Rosen next season and take Lawrence. Honestly, if the FO isn't fully sold on a player, don't reach. Picking a QB just to get one is also not smart when searching for your franchise guy. I know Tua fans want to believe he will be fine, but it's still possible he may never play again, and he certainly is not going to be a "can't miss" prospect anymore. way too many variables, and at this point, any draft planning needs to be done as though Tua is not even available.

It dont take that long rebuild. If u know what u doing. The good team bounces right back up. Sorry team like jets stay in rebuilding ..
Lol. When did Oakland gut their roster and release their QB? They traded an edge rusher and a WR. No team has ever gone as far as the Dolphins did this season, stop trying to compare them to other franchises.

Is anyone even willing to wait and see how he recovers before they write his name on our draft card? It's mind boggling that there is so much unconditional obsession for this guy to the point that they could announce his hip will have a severe likelihood of permanent damage and half the board would still be saying "take the chance!"

I would be willing to bet that the FO is waiting, and certainly is compiling new strategies. I'm certain that they are. If you don't think there are serious red flags then you're allowing emotion to decide for you instead of logic.

Look, bud. That dodent happen round these here parts so get back up on that critter you call a horse and hightail it outta here.

"Don't take your Tua to town, son. Leave your Tua at home, Bill. Don't take your Tua to town."
-Johnny Credit (cuz I ain't got no Cash).

Roll with Rosen next season and take Lawrence. Honestly, if the FO isn't fully sold on a player, don't reach. Picking a QB just to get one is also not smart when searching for your franchise guy. I know Tua fans want to believe he will be fine, but it's still possible he may never play again, and he certainly is not going to be a "can't miss" prospect anymore. way too many variables, and at this point, any draft planning needs to be done as though Tua is not even available.
You say "take Lawrence" like it's just that simple. Look how the tank for Tua narrative ended up playing out.

Unless you are advocating going 1-15 next season, assuming you can draft Lawrence is "pie in the sky".

Stockpile picks to trade up you say?

What if the team picking first wants him?

Last edited:
They aren't significant though. This was the first "significant" injury and it's a freak injury. He had ankle surgery to strengthen the ankle above a normal limit last year and didn't miss a game. Had the same thing done with the other ankle. Those procedures supposedly make it almost impossible to sprain your ankle ever. This latest injury is the only one that's worth monitoring because it was pretty significant and nobody knows the prognosis as complications could arise over the next few months. If that's fine, then he'll gain traction right up towards the top of the draft again.

There are two choices:
1) You go with another QB and hope they fix their flaws
2) You go with Tua and hope he comes back ok if you're under the assumption that 1 doesn't apply.

I'm of the opinion that #2 is less risk as of now. Things could obviously change over the next few months though.

Yeah, that's not how medicine works. "Supposedly" and "almost impossible" and "ever" are cringe worthy words when you're referring to the repair of an injury to a complex joint in the body.

Lol. When did Oakland gut their roster and release their QB? They traded an edge rusher and a WR. No team has ever gone as far as the Dolphins did this season, stop trying to compare them to other franchises.
Why not that how u get good by comparing team in nfl.

It dont take that long rebuild. If u know what u doing. The good team bounces right back up. Sorry team like jets stay in rebuilding ..
I agree with that, but the Raiders haven't shown me anything to suggest they are "quickly turning it around".

As an analyst, and personality, I like Gruden. As a GM/coach, meh.

His big claim to fame consists of a Brady tuck rule, and a SB victory on the strength of a defense that Tony Dungy built.

I agree with that, but the Raiders haven't shown me anything to suggest they are "quickly turning it around".

As an analyst, and personality, I like Gruden. As a GM/coach, meh.

His big claim to fame consists of a Brady tuck rule, and a SB victory on the strength of a defense that Tony Dungy built.
Fighting for 1st place in division .

Oakland was 4 and 12 last yr. The same record we might have this yr.

Theoretically, we could turn this thing around in one year and I'm the guy always saying that our rebuild will be a marathon and not a sprint.

But we can buy ourselves a lot of talent. And if we can hit big in the draft... who knows?

I don't expect to be competitive until 2021 and be a playoff team until 2022 buy if Grier hits homeruns this offseason, we could very well see ourselves in a playoff hunt as early as next year.

Fighting for 1st place in division .
Meh, 6-4, destined to be 8-8, in a division that features LA, and Denver.

Their wins have come against Broncos, Bears, Bengals, Chargers, lions, and colts.

Any time they meet a quality team, aside from, arguably, Indy, they have done nothing.

New England will draft him and let him sit behind Brady for 2 years to heal and then take over for the next 20 years Behind a New England O-line that is allowed to hold consistently.

Back
Top Bottom