A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few reasons why the Tua Injury May be a blessing in disguise!

New England will draft him and let him sit behind Brady for 2 years to heal and then take over for the next 20 years Behind a New England O-line that is allowed to hold consistently.
I don't know about that. Anything is possible, I suppose, but if you look at BBs history of drafting QBs, they are almost universally of prototypical size, ala the Bill Parcels philosophy.

Theoretically, we could turn this thing around in one year and I'm the guy always saying that our rebuild will be a marathon and not a sprint.

But we can buy ourselves a lot of talent. And if we can hit big in the draft... who knows?

I don't expect to be competitive until 2021 and be a playoff team until 2022 buy if Grier hits homeruns this offseason, we could very well see ourselves in a playoff hunt as early as next year.
Dolphins have lots of money and draft pick. We should at leased be in hunt next yr.
New England will draft him and let him sit behind Brady for 2 years to heal and then take over for the next 20 years Behind a New England O-line that is allowed to hold consistently.
Tua is great college Qb but do to injury I wouldnt take Tua if I was Gm or less it in 4th or 5th rd. If i had Brady starting for next 2yr. That difference maybe I take chance at end of rd 1. If Tua dont panout for N.E that minor. If Tua dont panout for Dolphins that major set back.

First of all i was the biggest tua fan....But tua is done....And now i hope the phins dont draft him. He will be another RG111. I wish him the best though.

Is anyone even willing to wait and see how he recovers before they write his name on our draft card? It's mind boggling that there is so much unconditional obsession for this guy to the point that they could announce his hip will have a severe likelihood of permanent damage and half the board would still be saying "take the chance!"

I would be willing to bet that the FO is waiting, and certainly is compiling new strategies. I'm certain that they are. If you don't think there are serious red flags then you're allowing emotion to decide for you instead of logic.

I agree, but by the same token the opposite is true.

I wouldnt write off the possibility of taking Tua simply because of the injury.

Hell, Nick Bosa played 3 games last year before injuring himself. He was still drafted #2.

Let's wait and see.

Hell, Nick Bosa played 3 games last year before injuring himself. He was still drafted #2.

Let's wait and see.
I'm not opposed to wait and see but, IMO, the waiting period exceeds the timetable of the combine, and ensuing draft.

Let's wait and see.
If I’m not mistaken, Bosa was able to play by the end of the year. And stayed out of games by himself to get ready for the combine. That a lot different than what is going on with Tua.

you do realize ANY team, if they wanted, could have this same “luxury”.
And "any team" could have had any player not drafted in the first round. Besides that, few teams are/were operating under the same set of circumstances.

The rd2 pick aside (we did recoup a later rd2 pick), Rosen came a lot cheaper than any qualified backup, which we needed anyway, and despite the naysayers, does have an upside, even if it ends up as a cheap 3 year backup.

What, specifically, is your point?

I'm not opposed to wait and see but, IMO, the waiting period exceeds the timetable of the combine, and ensuing draft.
That is likely, Im sure he wont be fully recovered by then, but they should have more information as to the extent of the injury and his prognosis by then.

If I’m not mistaken, Bosa was able to play by the end of the year. And stayed out of games by himself to get ready for the combine. That a lot different than what is going on with Tua.

I think you're right, but I was only using Bosa as a recent example. There have been other players that have finished their college career injured and still been drafted into the NFL.

Ultimately, if the medical staff gives the green light, and the possible benefits outweigh the risks, I could see us taking him. That said, if we get our pick of the lot, the team may opt for Burrow or Herbert instead. (Or one of the other potential first round QBs.)

It's just too early to make a decision either way imo.

I agree with that, but the Raiders haven't shown me anything to suggest they are "quickly turning it around".

As an analyst, and personality, I like Gruden. As a GM/coach, meh.

His big claim to fame consists of a Brady tuck rule, and a SB victory on the strength of a defense that Tony Dungy built.
Got a lot of mileage out of that he did...

The surgery he had on both his ankles isn’t something doctors casually do. It is permanent. It makes it so you can’t sprain your ankle the same way. However, there is nothing that stops the wear and tear on your body. Having 2 ankle surgeries and a significant hip injury in less than 2 years is enough to cause concern on how long he will be able to take NFL hits.
He also had an injury to his right knee within the last two years. I realize that there are those who love Tua and still want to draft him with one of the teams first round picks. If the Dolphins had a talented roster and they were in a position to draft Tua and just let him take a year or more to fully recover, perhaps taking him in the first round would be worth the risk.

Unfortunately the Dolphins have huge holes throughout their roster and they need to use all their first round picks to select players who can come in and be immediate starters. If Tua is still on the board when they select in the third round he may be worth the risk of taking him then. But with surgery to both ankles, his hip surgery, and his right knee injury all in the last two years, I just don’t see how the Dolphins can use a first or second round selection on him.

They aren't significant though. This was the first "significant" injury and it's a freak injury. He had ankle surgery to strengthen the ankle above a normal limit last year and didn't miss a game. Had the same thing done with the other ankle. Those procedures supposedly make it almost impossible to sprain your ankle ever. This latest injury is the only one that's worth monitoring because it was pretty significant and nobody knows the prognosis as complications could arise over the next few months. If that's fine, then he'll gain traction right up towards the top of the draft again.

There are two choices:
1) You go with another QB and hope they fix their flaws
2) You go with Tua and hope he comes back ok if you're under the assumption that 1 doesn't apply.

I'm of the opinion that #2 is less risk as of now. Things could obviously change over the next few months though.
I've been hearing reports that the two ankle surgeries weren't needed. They would have healed fine on thier own. That saban pushed Tua into the surgery when he did in order to have Tua back with no concerns for the playoffs.

I heard that Tua should be throwing again by the spring. So we should know how he is doing before the draft. His recovery from the injury will dictate where he is drafted at. It's way too early to tell at this point.

So you pick a one game sample size instead of a season to somehow prove a point?

What a waste of time this conversation is.

Of course it is

My only point is as someone else pointed out yes Fitz is better right now at avoiding the rush
Makes sense
But there are so many instances as when RT was here where there is just about zero blocking
So bad even Marino wouldn't be able to function

Back
Top Bottom