A Great Argument for drafting TE Pitts at #3 overall | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your choice @ #6 if not Pitts?

• Total voters
Warming up to the idea. He is a talented receiver and a freak athlete. And he's the size of a tight end but is like a wide receiver.

Potential is sky high
Same was said of Mike Guhsickee just saying -

At some point someone needs to block and not “tell” the D we are passing - when our light in the shorts TE lines up it would be nice to confuse the D every now and again

Pitts makes it look easy, the mark of a truly great athlete. Pitts might be the one guy that can help our offense get to the next level quickest. I love the double TE sets and how are teams going to match up with Pitts, Gisecki, Parker, Williams, Fuller, stud rookie and Najee or Etienne. I'd much rather take a shot with Kyle Pitts than Sewell.

Would not mind Pitts at all even at #3
Honestly -- got the feeling we finally caught a break! Landing #3 was great but ONLY as great
as the possible pick you can make or the trade bounty -- which is often deferred.

Bottom line -- the #3 is a PURE GIFT and this kid Pitts is actually WORTHY of that slot and fills a need!

Let's just NOT make this **** too complicated!

Ideally Cinci wants to trade up for Sewell. We take an extra 2nd and draft Pitts. I’ve convinced myself with Parker, Fuller, Williams, Wilson, Grant, Gesicki and Pitts it would be magical.

Ideally Cinci wants to trade up for Sewell. We take an extra 2nd and draft Pitts. I’ve convinced myself with Parker, Fuller, Williams, Wilson, Grant, Gesicki and Pitts it would be magical.
Grant and special should not be in the same sentence....just saying

I do agree too.no would be happy with Pitts at 3. I would also be happy with Chase or Smith.

Honestly -- got the feeling we finally caught a break! Landing #3 was great but ONLY as great
as the possible pick you can make or the trade bounty -- which is often deferred.

Bottom line -- the #3 is a PURE GIFT and this kid Pitts is actually WORTHY of that slot and fills a need!

Let's just NOT make this **** too complicated!

That's kind of where I am right now. If I am being honest, it's taken me a little time to get comfortable in thinking the best move for us is not trading back it's taking Pitts at 3. We might be giving up the chance of two nice players with the bounty we get, but I truly feel Pitts will be a great player in the NFL and if he projects to where his potential is he'll make an immediate difference to this offense and help a young QB as much as anything else we do.

Cincy never trade up, but say they do. Atlanta if they don't trade down will likely take Pitts.

Cincy never trade up, but say they do. Atlanta if they don't trade down will likely take Pitts.
It's making more sense for them (Atlanta) to select Pitts if he's there. They would have a scenario much like Miami could dream on. Pick your poison : julio, ridley, hurst, and Pitts. Like Miami, they get a rb and they've extended Matt Ryan's effectiveness another few years.

It's also why i would love Pitts...I don't think a lot of people understand the dynamic the Dolphins have added with Fuller alone (assuming he's healthy). You got serious threats and IF they selected Pitts..I'd say Mike G, Pitts, Fuller and DeVante are tough matchup with an alpha RB.

My mind says trade down...but I can dream about a scenario involving Pitts.

I like Pitts, but there is no chance I’d draft a guy 3rd overall to use in 2 TE sets. I don’t see the value in drafting a guy that high and not using him as the focal point of the offense. Now, if we draft Pitts and line him up all over the field as a WR I can see the value in taking him 3rd. The kid is bigger and potentially faster than Mike Evans...just saying I see him as a #1 WR more than a TE. I’d prefer to see him and Gesicki always on the field together and not competing for snaps in the same role.

I'd have no problem taking Pitts or Smith at #3. I see them as the highest impact picks we could make there.

We draft Pitts and it'll be the first Dolphins jersey I've bought in a long time. I know this dude is going to be special.
I feel the same way but Miami prob goes w chase because I’m pretty sure Parker won’t be resigned next yr.

Back
Top Bottom