A Great Argument for drafting TE Pitts at #3 overall | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your choice @ #6 if not Pitts?

• Total voters
I feel that Pitts could improve Tua's game more than any player in the draft. If that's true ~ Nuff Said!

And that's why we have to draft him with your first pick. I know trading down makes a lot of sense because you get that extra first rounder next year and probably another day 2 pick, but there is a huge danger in doing that that you miss out on a talent that can dramatically help a young QB, not sure a Chase or Sewell or Waddle or Smith will do that to the same degree.

Pitt's tape is good. But I have not been blown away to take him at 3.
If I'm stuck at 3, Pitts is the guy.

I think Smith will fall into the teens - maybe even later. I LOVE him, and would love a 1st Round of Pitts and Smith, but the NFL will almost definitely knock him for his size.
Let me tell you, if Miami drafts pitts @ 3 and by some miracle smith is available at 18 I think I’ll start crying ,tears of joy. That would be insane. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if waddle is available @ 18 due to his injury.

Miami's TEs last season (Mike Gesicki, Durham Smythe and Adam Shaheen) were statistically the most productive tightends in the entire history of the Miami Dolphins. While Pitts is obviously a top calibre Draft prospect, TE is not a position of need with the trio already on the roster. I expect Miami to draft a WR with its top pick, even if we trade out of the #3 selection. Wide receiver is the obvious position of need for the team.

Again people pigeon holing him in the TE role, picking Pitts doesn't mean you need to get rid of any of these guys, they all have a role.

Cue up footage of Chase and then everyone here will say "take Chase". I like Pitts in a trade down but please, we need someone who can stretch the field for more than 15 yards.

Cue up footage of Chase and then everyone here will say "take Chase". I like Pitts in a trade down but please, we need someone who can stretch the field for more than 15 yards.

Clearly not watched Pitts play, skip to 2:00 here and watch the 70 yd Pitts TD. He can stretch the field. And you do know stretching the field was why we brought in Fuller right ?

Clearly not watched Pitts play, skip to 2:00 here and watch the 70 yd Pitts TD. He can stretch the field. And you do know stretching the field was why we brought in Fuller right ?

I watched all the footage of Pitts you could imagine. We signed Fuller for one year, I want a young stud WR in the 3 spot if we have to pick there, not a Tight End, it has the biggest bust potential of any position

Id take either Chase or Waddle over either Pitts and Smith.
I could see you doing that. And I could see the validity of doing that.

I just wouldn't include Smith in the equation at all.

Doesn't justify being included with those 3.

IMO.

:oops:

I watched all the footage of Pitts you could imagine. We signed Fuller for one year, I want a young stud WR in the 3 spot if we have to pick there, not a Tight End, it has the biggest bust potential of any position
Get a wr at 18. Pitts will give defenses nightmares for years.

If I'm stuck at 3, Pitts is the guy.

I think Smith will fall into the teens - maybe even later. I LOVE him, and would love a 1st Round of Pitts and Smith, but the NFL will almost definitely knock him for his size.

Where do i sign up for getting both Pitts and Smith in the 1st?

You still don't get it.

There's no TE ever that's worth a #3 pick. If they were actually a Calvin Johnson freak they wouldn't be playing TE in the first place.
So who, exactly, is worth the #3 pick in this draft? If Miami doesn't take a QB at that spot, you can make the case that no one else in this draft is worthy of the #3pick. He is as worthy as anyone else you cant take there besides a QB.

If only it were that simple. Someone below us like the eagles could be salivating over this guy. No way to know if he’ll still be there. If Grier believes there’s a sizable gap between pitts and their next favorite guy then you almost have to take him here unless we’re offered a kings ransom for the 3rd pick.

I agree, but keep in mind that Mr. Grier will make the determination as to what a "kings ransom" might be, not the fan base on this board (vocal as it might be).

Back
Top Bottom