A Great Argument for drafting TE Pitts at #3 overall | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your choice @ #6 if not Pitts?

• Total voters
Cue up footage of Chase and then everyone here will say "take Chase". I like Pitts in a trade down but please, we need someone who can stretch the field for more than 15 yards.
Did you see that Pitts ran a 4.46 at his Pro Day?

He just ran a 4.46 at his pro day

also, it had been discussed for hundreds of pages. Don’t think any of us would be mad with Pitts

He looked like he was on the precipice of falling down while exerting. Pass, we have bigger holes to fill

Warming up to the idea. He is a talented receiver and a freak athlete. And he's the size of a tight end but is like a wide receiver.

Potential is sky high

Maybe the Miami brass asked Smith to sit out so he slides. That way they can trade down. Who knows probably not.

He looked like he was on the precipice of falling down while exerting. Pass, we have bigger holes to fill
That thinking got Miami to where there are now. A piss poor WR corps. Everyone said Miami shouldn't take a wide receiver in last year's deep and talented wide receiver class because they had bigger holes to fill. Well, here we are and Miami desperately needs wide receivers. You don't pass on elite talent because you have holes to fill because no matter how many holes you think you have filled, more spring up.

That thinking got Miami to where there are now. A piss poor WR corps. Everyone said Miami shouldn't take a wide receiver in last year's deep and talented wide receiver class because they had bigger holes to fill. Well, here we are and Miami desperately needs wide receivers. You don't pass on elite talent because you have holes to fill because no matter how many holes you think you have filled, more spring up.
And if we didn't draft the positions we did in last year's draft we would have desperately needed them in this year's. That's pretty basic right there.

For all we know Pitts could be the #1 guy on the Dolphins board. I'm really warming up to the idea of Pitts at #3. If we trade back then Pitts will be gone. If that's the player we covet then you pick him and never look back. Pitts would be a very welcome edition to our offense.

If we take Pitts, Gisecki has to go. We need at least 1 blocking TE.
I can understand your statement at a basic level. But --- consider the possibility Pitts should NOT be defined in the conventional sense as a "TE." If you draft this kid as a "conventional TE" you're completely missing the truly unique (ultra rare) "qualities" this kid brings to THE GAME of Pro football. Kid is as close as it gets right now to an entirely "NEW" position / role prototype. Yeah. I think he's that special. And that potentially great in the RIGHT place -- and I think we're that place!

And if we didn't draft the positions we did in last year's draft we would have desperately needed them in this year's. That's pretty basic right there.
There wasn't a pressing "need" for a defensive tackle in the second round or a conerback in the first round (and I like Igbinoghene and know how important cornerbacks are to this defense) .

Back
Top Bottom