A Great Argument for drafting TE Pitts at #3 overall | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your choice @ #6 if not Pitts?

• Total voters
It'll only get smokier in here until the draft.

even our fanbase is evenly divided.

thought Marcedes Lewis was going to project like this coming out of UCLA. Vastly underwhelmed, still was decent, but never came close to matching the media hype.

I'd be surprised if they took anyone else tthan Sewell or Smith.

Smith's not doing anything at his pro day other than being weighed and measures. That's a red flag to me. Why ?? Have you been eating Candy non stop for the last month to get your weight up, knowing that you are in no condition to put up a 40 time ? I hope we don't go smith at 3 or in a small trade down.

So you're downgrading Smith for not running at his pro day but still pick Chase after sitting out for a whole year?
I'm not, but I think the Pros like Chase's body type much better.

I actually prefer Smith myself. He's one of my favorite players but whoever is advising him is not helping him out IMO.

Miami's TEs last season (Mike Gesicki, Durham Smythe and Adam Shaheen) were statistically the most productive tightends in the entire history of the Miami Dolphins. While Pitts is obviously a top calibre Draft prospect, TE is not a position of need with the trio already on the roster. I expect Miami to draft a WR with its top pick, even if we trade out of the #3 selection. Wide receiver is the obvious position of need for the team.

Miami's TEs last season (Mike Gesicki, Durham Smythe and Adam Shaheen) were statistically the most productive tightends in the entire history of the Miami Dolphins. While Pitts is obviously a top calibre Draft prospect, TE is not a position of need with the trio already on the roster. I expect Miami to draft a WR with its top pick, even if we trade out of the #3 selection. Wide receiver is the obvious position of need for the team.
I understand what you are saying, but I completely disagree. I think that strong TE trend will just multiply with such an elite talent like Pitts in our system.

As for any WR talk at #3 overall -
Although I really like Smith as a player - he is doing everything a guy can do to slide in the draft. So of it are things he can control, others not.
- He had an injury that cost him playing in the Senior Bowl.
- He reportedly has LOST weight...
- He isn't going lights out on his Pro Day and will skip some activities
- Scouts have a legitimate concern about how he will handle the faster, stronger press corners in the NFL at his size.
- He wasn't wise enough to not say things about our QB at a time when he was already being attacked in the press (lack of maturity and social polish). (Sometimes it's better not to answer the question when comparing Tua to Mac Jones).
I think Smith slides outside the top 12 selections, especially the way the QB's and OL are moving up.

Waddle at #3 isn't happening. No Way. No How. He is also coming off a significant injury to his hip and is a speed WR. Some of the same concerns with Smith apply to Waddle.

If we draft a WR at #3 overall, it'll be Chase. He has the elite production and a bigger/stronger body to fight through CB's of all speeds and strengths.

As good as all of these guys are though they do not measure up to TE Pitts. We may even be able to Draft Pitts at #3 overall and then catch a slide guy (Smith or Waddle) at 18 overall. Not likely, but definitely possible.
Good points.

If he is the best player on your board, you take him.

But what a hard shot in the keester if we aren't able to parlay pick #3 into much more.

I never say this, but being stuck at #3 and taking Pitts would be the most Dolphin thing ever.

Kills me.

Pitt's tape is good. But I have not been blown away to take him at 3.

A stronger argument could be made for not taking a WR at 3

Yes, but Chase will be there and we really need a #1 wideout. We do not need Pitts. We need a prototypical TE. PItts is more of a choice of offensive weapon, which I do not think we need. Argument for WR at 3 is "need will marry opportunity."

Smith's not doing anything at his pro day other than being weighed and measures. That's a red flag to me. Why ?? Have you been eating Candy non stop for the last month to get your weight up, knowing that you are in no condition to put up a 40 time ? I hope we don't go smith at 3 or in a small trade down.
That's exactly what I thought when I read about it this morning.

In addition to that, he's not going to help out his QB on pro day?

Back
Top Bottom