ACC Football | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC Football

That's pure mythology. Discipline is doomed against the option, always has been and always will be. You beat the option by disrupting the interior exchange, before the play gets a chance to evolve as intended.

Carolina got no penetration up the middle last year and beat GT with ease. And please don't try to tell me that there is some great talent disparity between the tar heels and tech after the tenure of that masterful recruiter Bunting.

Yep, FSU in a dogfight with the Ryan Perrioloux (sp? remember him) led Jacksonville State Game****s.

This would definitely temper some of the Canes fans down here in South Florida . . . who some have said "Tebow will remember us" . . . since winning on Monday (meaning we will meet Florida in the BCS championship game).

Yep, FSU in a dogfight with the Ryan Perrioloux (sp? remember him) led Jacksonville State Game****s.

This would definitely temper some of the Canes fans down here in South Florida . . . who some have said "Tebow will remember us" . . . since winning on Monday (meaning we will meet Florida in the BCS championship game).

FSUcks' struggles has nothing to do with the U now. They had a big let down after Monday night and a very quick 5 day turnaround. Facing a lesser opponent after those circumstances makes it hard to get up for that type of game in that amount of time. It takes nothing away from Miami's win in the season opener.

FSUcks' struggles has nothing to do with the U now. They had a big let down after Monday night and a very quick 5 day turnaround. Facing a lesser opponent after those circumstances makes it hard to get up for that type of game in that amount of time. It takes nothing away from Miami's win in the season opener.

Nah it takes nothing away from the win . . . but if you have listened to local talk radio during the week . . . fans are nuts. Think about it . . . if the WR catches the ball on that last play . . . the team is getting trashed and Randy is getting scrutinized heavy once again (especially with the squib kicks). Since he dropped it . . . now we are headed to the BCS title game. Just a bit extreme for me, one game at a time. Georgia Tech and that option is not easy at all, as we all saw last year. I can't think all the way to January, not yet atleast.

I agree with you on FSU, just I hope fans realize that game on Monday wasn't #1 vs. #2 . . . it was an emotional rivalry game on Labor Day, primetime with all the focus on them. Not a battle of the 2 best teams in college.

Paul Johnson >Randy Shannon without Whipple

Paul Johnson:

118-44 overall record

2008 - ACC Coach of the Year

2008 - CBSSports.com National Coach of the Year

2004 - Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year

2000 - AFCA/NCAA 1-AA Coach of the Year

1999 - AFCA/NCAA 1-AA Coach of the Year

1998 - Sports Network 1-AA Coach of the Year

1998 - Eddie Robinson Award

1998 - Southern Conference Coach of the Year

1997 - Southern Conference Coach of the Year

1 of only 4 coaches to ever record 50 wins in their first 4 seasons as a head coach at the Division-1 level...

Navy 2-12 prior to his arrival...

1-0 vs. rival Georgia

You don't even want to see what he's done in the ACC compared to Randy Shannon....

They're 1-1 head to head.....

Randy Shannon = .500 coach without Mark Whipple.....in fact....probably unemployed without Mark Whipple....

Paul Johnson:

118-44 overall record

2008 - ACC Coach of the Year

2008 - CBSSports.com National Coach of the Year

2004 - Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year

2000 - AFCA/NCAA 1-AA Coach of the Year

1999 - AFCA/NCAA 1-AA Coach of the Year

1998 - Sports Network 1-AA Coach of the Year

1998 - Eddie Robinson Award

1998 - Southern Conference Coach of the Year

1997 - Southern Conference Coach of the Year

1 of only 4 coaches to ever record 50 wins in their first 4 seasons as a head coach at the Division-1 level...

Navy 2-12 prior to his arrival...

1-0 vs. rival Georgia

You don't even want to see what he's done in the ACC compared to Randy Shannon....

They're 1-1 head to head.....

Randy Shannon = .500 coach without Mark Whipple.....in fact....probably unemployed without Mark Whipple....

How dare you Ted,bringing facts to a arguement!

Yeah let's ignore that Randy Shannon's players are starting to develop and that Paul Johnson's one scheme offense has been figured out. And also that Paul Johnson inherited Jonathan Dwyer, and Shannon inherited a bunch of Kyle Wrights. Randy Shannon may not have the media accolades (aka facts according to Namor) nor did he pile up wins in weak conferences, but he has had incredible success as a defensive coordinator at the BCS level, and he's been a heck of a recruiter, and collector of talent at the assistant coaching level. And unlike a gadget offense, Shannon's success will continue, and I guarantee that Shannon will compete for a national title way before Paul Johnson ever does. In fact, I don't EVER see that triple option offense being successful enough to get a national title at the D-1A level.

Any ACC win is a win in a weak conferance.

Yeah let's ignore that Randy Shannon's players are starting to develop and that Paul Johnson's one scheme offense has been figured out. And also that Paul Johnson inherited Jonathan Dwyer, and Shannon inherited a bunch of Kyle Wrights. Randy Shannon may not have the media accolades (aka facts according to Namor) nor did he pile up wins in weak conferences, but he has had incredible success as a defensive coordinator at the BCS level, and he's been a heck of a recruiter, and collector of talent at the assistant coaching level. And unlike a gadget offense, Shannon's success will continue, and I guarantee that Shannon will compete for a national title way before Paul Johnson ever does. In fact, I don't EVER see that triple option offense being successful enough to get a national title at the D-1A level.

Take it easy,kp..I just like busting your balls.
I really like Miami (not as much as Bama)..it's that Johnson's
offense didn't lose that game,his crappy defense did.
Any coach+Whipple w/the talent (S. Fla)=success.
So I believe that Johnson has done more with less.

Take it easy,kp..I just like busting your balls.
I really like Miami (not as much as Bama)..it's that Johnson's
offense didn't lose that game,his crappy defense did.
Any coach+Whipple w/the talent (S. Fla)=success.
So I believe that Johnson has done more with less.

I'm too lazy to show you the stats to compare this year's game to last year's and also the Miami/FSU game earlier in the year to prove to you that we won last night's game because we stopped that offense. We were going to score points last night, everyone knew that, but we had to stop the triple option, and we did with ease. That's why we won.

Back
Top Bottom