ACC Football | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC Football

I'm too lazy to show you the stats to compare this year's game to last year's and also the Miami/FSU game earlier in the year to prove to you that we won last night's game because we stopped that offense. We were going to score points last night, everyone knew that, but we had to stop the triple option, and we did with ease. That's why we won.

Ok..Ok.. the way to stop the triple option is to limit the amount of
touches the offense gets.Make them play catch up football.
I'm impressed with Miami..check out my posts..I predicted them starting
off 3 and 1. ,losing to OK. because the other three were against,well..
ACC teams.
FSU and GT have HORRIBLE defenses..If Miami can move and score against VT's defense,I'll be REAL impressed.
We both like Miami,I just don't think Shannon is a elite coach.
With the talent that Miami always has,any coach is going to do well.
but when they have a elite coach,they have been one of the most feared
teams in the nation.
I wish the SEC could trade Vandy and Kentucky to the ACC for
FSU and Miami.That would be a out of this world football conference.
And the ACC would be the same type of out of this world basketball
conference.

Ok..Ok.. the way to stop the triple option is to limit the amount of
touches the offense gets.Make them play catch up football.
I'm impressed with Miami..check out my posts..I predicted them starting
off 3 and 1. ,losing to OK. because the other three were against,well..
ACC teams.
FSU and GT have HORRIBLE defenses..If Miami can move and score against VT's defense,I'll be REAL impressed.
We both like Miami,I just don't think Shannon is a elite coach.
With the talent that Miami always has,any coach is going to do well.
but when they have a elite coach,they have been one of the most feared
teams in the nation.
I wish the SEC could trade Vandy and Kentucky to the ACC for
FSU and Miami.That would be a out of this world football conference.
And the ACC would be the same type of out of this world basketball
conference.

It wasn't just that man. I think I heard that they averaged 2.4 yards per carry? Come on man.

Anyway, I don't know if Shannon is elite, he hasn't been here long enough. I just really don't understand people saying that a guy like Paul Johnson or Greg Schiano, etc. is better. I trust Randy because he's doing this all the 'right' way. He knows how to get talent around him, and that's more important than being a guy with a bunch of tricky schemes. This is also why I'm not sold on Tony Sparano.

And again, Larry Coker didn't do well when all of Butch's guys left. It's not a given that you'll be able to succeed at Miami, or in the state of Florida. Unfortunately, when we raised our academic standards, guys started going elsewhere, but it seems like now we're back on track.

By the way - I'd love it if we went to the SEC. To me, I don't see a huge difference in the conferences, but at least we'd get the respect of being in that conference, although I'd imagine we'd have the same record. This year, it only looks to be 3 or 4 good teams with a bunch of bad teams.

It wasn't just that man. I think I heard that they averaged 2.4 yards per carry? Come on man.

Anyway, I don't know if Shannon is elite, he hasn't been here long enough. I just really don't understand people saying that a guy like Paul Johnson or Greg Schiano, etc. is better. I trust Randy because he's doing this all the 'right' way. He knows how to get talent around him, and that's more important than being a guy with a bunch of tricky schemes. This is also why I'm not sold on Tony Sparano.

And again, Larry Coker didn't do well when all of Butch's guys left. It's not a given that you'll be able to succeed at Miami, or in the state of Florida. Unfortunately, when we raised our academic standards, guys started going elsewhere, but it seems like now we're back on track.

By the way - I'd love it if we went to the SEC. To me, I don't see a huge difference in the conferences, but at least we'd get the respect of being in that conference, although I'd imagine we'd have the same record. This year, it only looks to be 3 or 4 good teams with a bunch of bad teams.

i can live with that.

Question is....can ACC fans live with 2 more losses to Conference USA and the Sun Belt.....:chuckle:

Question is....can ACC fans live with 2 more losses to Conference USA and the Sun Belt.....:chuckle:

When you beat a top 10 BYU and a top 20 Nebraska team . . . you can live with 2 of the 3 weakest teams in the conference losing to lower conferences.

Boy has Maryland and Virginia looked HORRIBLE this year. Usually they are atleast decent. If they would have squeaked out those wins yesterday, I think the ACC would be getting alot of props this week.

The real question is whether the ACC bashers can deal with an UNRANKED ACC team going on the road against the #7 team in the country, and downright destroying them in what wasn't even a contest. Does that UM win over FSU mean anything now? Seems like the OU game will be somewhat competitive despite what all the 'experts' on here thought in the beginning of the season.
Oh yeah, Va Tech picked up a win against a ranked Big 12 opponent as well. But whatever, I mean, it was too close right? Let's move them down in the rankings.....:rolleyes2:

Hey we're all just having a little fun....picking at each other, etc...

...boy you ACC fans are touchy...:chuckle:

I don't see how Groh can keep his job much longer...

And what were the "blackshirts" doing letting that guy get behind them for a 100 yard gain when they had it won....:lol:

I certainly didn't expect FSU to throttle BYU like that....

After the FSU/UM game....I still couldn't decide who the better team was....still can't...

Hopefully they'll get a chance to settle it in Jacksonville or Tampa....or wherever they play that game at....

If the option is evaluated by a sample of two, Navy and Georgia Tech, neither of which has top tier talent, then obviously it's going to flop and be ridiculed.

Paul Johnson needs a true option QB. Nesbitt is too big and plodding, too slow making the dive play and rarely getting to the corner. It indicates how invisible option football has become if Nesbitt is considered a decent option QB. I was a huge Sooner fan during the wishbone years. I doubt Nesbitt could have been above third string on any of those teams.

Plus, as I posted in the UM thread several weeks ago, option teams are very vulnerable early in the season, before the timing and execution are down pat. The media never makes the distinction. As long as Johnson is at Georgia Tech, the Canes will benefit from a September meeting but be more in jeopardy facing Johnson in November, like last year.

It's kinda hard not to be 'touchy' when the media constantly dogs your conference and affects recruiting and national rankings.

BYU was WAY overated and didn't deserve to #7.
Miami deserves to be #9,maybe higher.
Alabama definitley deserves #3 maybe higher ,Texas didn't
look that great.
But it will all come out in the wash as the season unfolds.

Based on the football played so far THIS year, if I were a voter my top 5 would be this:

1. Alabama (stifling defense, going to be tough to beat)
2. Florida (they really miss Harvin and Murphy)
3. Texas (but I didn't like how they looked Saturday night)
4. Penn State (no competition so far, but have looked pretty good)
5. Ole Miss (I have a feeling we will see how overrated they are once they play Bama)

I was watching College Football Final last night, and take this for what it's worth. Herbie's top 5 went like this:

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Penn State
5. Miami (Seriously, he put Miami at 5)

Ole Miss is a solid football team. Snead's a legit QB, their D is stout, and they're well coached.

I agree about Sneed and their D....I am not sold on Houston Nutt, never have been but I like him and I hope he proves me wrong.

Ole Miss is a solid football team. Snead's a legit QB, their D is stout, and they're well coached.

If Snead has a solid year,he could be looking at the #1 pick in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom