Actually Kind Of Excited About Flores | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Actually Kind Of Excited About Flores

It isn’t hard to project ball placement from the pocket. Provided the guys got a body of work to reference.

Goff is usually more consistent than we saw tonight so I’m sure the scale of the moment got to him a little bit

Goff wasn't himself tonight. He got zero help from his offense but he looked like it was his first super bowl. I just cant imagine Tannehill doing a whole lot better than Goff when the Pats have 2 weeks to prepare.

Goff wasn't himself tonight. He got zero help from his offense but he looked like it was his first super bowl. I just cant imagine Tannehill doing a whole lot better than Goff when the Pats have 2 weeks to prepare.

That 2 weeks thing is legit. They took away those tiered pa staples of the rams. But outside of the at times lack of a flats dump option Goff was either late or making the wrong read an awful lot tonight. And when he did have that flats option he was by and large late there too

If Cooks hangs onto that perfectly thrown pass from Goff, then we're talking about a Rams SB win. One play, that play....makes Goff a SB hero.

Dolphins got The Hottest coach... rest of the NFL owners will wonder, should we have gotten the guy that ran a train through all the top NFL offenses??

Pretty impressive what NE has done against three of the top offenses in the league during the playoffs. If all you listened to was Tony Romo you would think it was BB making all the calls when clearly the cameras showed Flores making the defensive calls. I have been hoping at the very least Flores will make this defense comparable or even better than the late 90's and early 2000's ones. It looks promising from that standpoint but will obviously take time.

Agreed. Although I hope he doesn't fall into a trap like a few of our previous coaches. I know he'll impart a lot of his defensive philosophy on his assistant coaches specifically, and hopefully build a cohesive unit (over time like you said) with all of the assistants generally. But, I NEVER want to see our head coach concentrate on only one side of the ball (his strength) and lose sight of the bigger picture as a HEAD COACH (as has happened with our recent coaches). I have a lot of confidence in Flores, and know he'll do his best to make his mark. You hire assistants for a reason. Communicate, scheme/game plan, and allow them to set players up in the best position to EXECUTE.

Borrowing the phrase from NE, if the players can understand and DO THEIR JOB, everything else will eventually fall into place. What we need more than anything is a change in WHAT the players' mindset is and HOW/WHY they execute - as a TEAM FIRST.

Back
Top Bottom