Adam Gase - Coach Of The Year - What? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase - Coach Of The Year - What?

Someone forgot to mention that they also had the number one defense that year, and a pretty solid running game. Don’t let that get in the way of your responses.

Of course they did. Lol. Just like going into Sunday’s tilt Seattle had won 4 straight games prior and none of those wins coming against a team with a winning record.

If Ryan was here this team could win 9 games so I guess people would be giving gase the coy hardware.

Precisely. So it appears to be more about how they felt about Gase's team prior to the season. His team...the team he put together. They didn't think much of it.

Neither did I. But I saw it as a 6-8 win football team prior to the season. He should have 2 more wins by default against the Bills. They don't have a quarterback. If Gase were to pull off 9 or more wins with this roster he put together - he'd get my vote for COY.

I think Gase tends to get too much credit for personnel moves. There were things he asked for this off season and was flatly told no.

Hell, there were coaches he asked for and was flatly told no.

That should be familiar territory for you, as I've seen you explain many times that whereas Nick Saban had a reputation in Miami for being a dictator and having full control over every aspect of the team, reality was there were many times when he was flatly told no, and meddled with by executives.

Also, to be fair, many key parts of the team that was assembled aren't available anymore

Real talk.

I think Adam Gase is one of the best offensive in-game adjusters in the game of football.

And I don't buy that there's anything about that skill that requires his team to be terrible at scripting/calling/executing plays at the beginning of games. I think if you raise the overall skill level particularly at the QB position, then you'd have a really elevated offense with a very winning character. Much like when he won a Super Bowl in Denver.

I also believe there's a lot of player buy-in. I know for a fact that there are a lot of players on that roster that love him. We've seen them somehow come out of close games with the victory, or come-from-behind situations in the fourth quarter. I think a lot of that buy-in is being sabotaged by his having an insidious prick at defensive coordinator, who multiple players have now shown they can't get on with.

But the buy-in fits into the winning character of a team that plays its best ball in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

As does the fact Gase is something like 8-1 when he leading at the half. The only time he's ever lost a game he was leading at the half was that Cincinnati game, where Laremy Tunsil left the game and the OL devolved to a pile of goo and the offense themselves gave up two touchdowns.

What I don't like about Adam Gase is that his offenses consistently don't execute and put points on the board at the beginning of games. Like I said, I don't buy that's something that needs to happen in order for him to be as good at adjusting in-game as he's been. I think it's something that has manifested possibly as a result of a shoddy advance scouting system, or perhaps shoddy QB play, inability to make observations and adjustments in real time, needing to be led by the nose during the course of the game on the necessary adjustments which means they take time.

I want all of that. I wouldn't cry if we lost it. But I want that ability. So if I can supplement it with better defensive coaching, better QB skill, perhaps a consultant to handle special projects like beginning of game scripting and advance scouting, I'll do that. If not, if Adam Gase himself appears to be an impediment to making the necessary changes, he's gone.

That's what being solutions-based means, to me.

I guess its kind of true if you look from the perspective of a non phins fan. This team was dead last in most preseason rankings and still with all the injuries they have endured including starting QB, they are a winning team more than half way through.

I think Gase tends to get too much credit for personnel moves. There were things he asked for this off season and was flatly told no.

That should be familiar territory for you, as I've seen you explain many times that whereas Nick Saban had a reputation in Miami for being a dictator and having full control over every aspect of the team, reality was there were many times when he was flatly told no, and meddled with by executives.

I dont want you to give away your sources or anything bro, but I'd be greatly interested in hearing more about some of this. Much of the angst I have against Gase stems from him not going out and getting better coaches, particularly for the Oline and defense.

The biggest one for Saban was by the team doctors in my opinion. Saban wanted Brees, but there was no way a rookie head coach like Saban in the NFL at that time could've barged into Wayne Huizenga's office and told him that all of his doctors that wouldn't sign off on Drew's shoulder were a bunch of clueless imbeciles and demand that he give Brees $10 million.

It's incredible to realize the impact that scenario has had at several levels of football. But it's the Dolphins organization that continues to reap what they sow. Miami's medical staff have long been one of the biggest mishaps in professional sports.

The biggest one for Saban was by the team doctors in my opinion. Saban wanted Brees, but there was no way a rookie head coach like Saban in the NFL at that time could've barged into Wayne Huizenga's office and told him that all of his doctors that wouldn't sign off on Drew's shoulder were a bunch of clueless imbeciles and demand that he give Brees $10 million.

It's incredible to realize the impact that scenario has had at several levels of football. But it's the Dolphins organization that continues to reap what they sow. Miami's medical staff have long been one of the biggest mishaps in professional sports.

They also, as I recall, meddled with him heavily on his coaching staff. That was mainly what I was talking about.

I dont want you to give away your sources or anything bro, but I'd be greatly interested in hearing more about some of this. Much of the angst I have against Gase stems from him not going out and getting better coaches, particularly for the Oline and defense.

Coaches are funny. It's sort of like how success has many fathers but failure is an orphan? When Vance Joseph left, Adam Gase wanted to go out and get a highly qualified defensive coordinator. He was told no, and instead they sold him on promoting Burke. If Burke had been successful I'm sure Gase would've been all about that decision, you know, once I really stopped to consider Matt Burke I realized he's the best man for the job and sure enough he was, blah blah blah. But with Burke not having success, naturally you're going to go back to your first instinct and say, well, this is why I wanted to go out and get so-and-so (not hard to guess).

Vegas: how can we take some free money from Dolphin fans, Osweiller MVP candidate? No too, obvious, even for them. I know: COY...

Last edited:
Can't answer the question so you divert....

Again another false statement. No monkey has ever led their team to Super Bowl. LOL.

Look, Brock sucks but for one season he exceeded any expectations and got himself a ring by earning it. Not by sitting on bench and not playing.
You can spin it any way you want. Not wasting my time with you anymore....

Back on topic. If they were to make the playoffs I could see Gase in the running for COY. I mean most places had us as one of the worst teams in the league.
only you would think I meant a real monkey. LOL

Back
Top Bottom