AFC East QB Play | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB Play

that's fair - but the reason it was less games to begin with was because Fitzpatrick was benched for playing like ****. Josh also had 9 rushing tds with 500 yards on the ground

I give credit to the fact that Josh Allen actually played games that mattered this year - and i don't mean that as a knock on the dolphins - it's just reality that the games meant more for the Bills than the Fins

There was infinitesimally more pressure on Josh to perform than Fitzpatrick who was quite literally playing with nothing to lose. That stuff matters to me. Fitz was also benched at one point for playing so bad.

Fitzpatrick did a lot with a little when it didn't matter (after being benched and given another shot) - Josh Allen is playing a playoff game this weekend in his 2nd year...could Josh Allen have gotten 5 wins this year? Maybe....considering we played Browns, Cinci, Giants, Eagles, Jets twice....but that's all hypothetical anyway.
I think Allen is doing good job for second yr qb. He will get better in time. I would like see how he performs in this playoff game.

Correct, but the topic is 'AFC-E QB play.
Brady getting to playoffs doesn't change hi poor play

that's fair - but the reason it was less games to begin with was because Fitzpatrick was benched for playing like ****. Josh also had 9 rushing tds with 500 yards on the ground

I give credit to the fact that Josh Allen actually played games that mattered this year - and i don't mean that as a knock on the dolphins - it's just reality that the games meant more for the Bills than the Fins

There was infinitesimally more pressure on Josh to perform than Fitzpatrick who was quite literally playing with nothing to lose. That stuff matters to me. Fitz was also benched at one point for playing so bad.

Fitzpatrick did a lot with a little when it didn't matter (after being benched and given another shot) - Josh Allen is playing a playoff game this weekend in his 2nd year...could Josh Allen have gotten 5 wins this year? Maybe....considering we played Browns, Cinci, Giants, Eagles, Jets twice....but that's all hypothetical anyway.

I struggle to factor in the benching as much as you do as the team we rolled out in weeks 1 and 2 were doomed regardless of who the QB was. What's funny is Rosen was arguably just as bad in his relief duty prior to being named the starter and was really pretty damn bad vs Dallas and very, mediocre to bad vs LA. After final cuts we were in disarray and it showed. The season pretty much went as I expected all along after the BYE. The "3 win team at best" or " guaranteed 1st overall pick" guys were wrong and the 5 or 6 wins guys were correct :).

Correct, but the topic is 'AFC-E QB play.
Brady getting to playoffs doesn't change hi poor play
Only thing count win and lost...N.E still win division.. that problem...N.E problem are not that hard fix next yr

Last edited:
Only thing count win and lost...N.E still win division.. that problem...
So you are discounting the other 52 guys on the team?

While the QB is the most important position, there is a whole lot more involved in wins and losses.

You know better than to make a blanket statement like that.

Guys like Dilfer, and Flacco won rings, but they weren't the best QBs.

Hell, Eli has a pair, and he's just slightly above average.

For anyone who thinks Josh Allen had such a great year.....I dare you to tell me you would trade our fifth pick for him. If he truly is a franchise QB, you’d not only do that but you’d throw in the other two first round picks as well.
He’s a pedestrian quarterback and when you start throwing around things like ‘clutch throws’ and ‘team leader’ that’s code for ‘his numbers suck but I like him’.
Not a franchise QB and I wouldn’t trade an 8th round pick in the supplemental draft for him or Darnold or any QB who isn’t elite. Having these QBs on your roster is a distraction and waste of time as in they give you false hope.

While the QB is the most important position, there is a whole lot more involved in wins and losses.

Let’s not forget Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Mark “totally” Rypien, Jeff Hossenfeffer (LOL), Phil Simms, Jim Plunkett (slightly better than average won it 2x)!!! Oh, and Nick Foles - hahahahaha hahahahahjaa

Are u comparing N.E on SB level for Brady or comparing him as regular qb. They still win Division, finish 3rd in afc conference..at 42 brady still winner. We all know brady cannot play for ever

Are u comparing N.E on SB level for Brady or comparing him as regular qb. They still win Division, finish 3rd in afc conference..at 42 brady still winner.
I'm not comparing anything. The thread is, specifically, about the QB position.

You sad the only thing that matters is Ws and Ls. That isn't even close to true.

If we were talking about the overall team, then yes, wins are what you judge by.

Agree with the last part. Again, the topic is comparing AFC-E QBs. Not NEs W/L.
That depends on what the true root of the problem is.

If it is simply a WR problem, then yes, not hard to address. If, on the other hand, we are seeing the inevitable substantial drop off of Brady's physical skills, not so easy to fix that.

That depends on what the true root of the problem is.

If it is simply a WR problem, then yes, not hard to address. If, on the other hand, we are seeing the inevitable substantial drop off of Brady's physical skills, not so easy to fix that.

As much as Brady has deteriorated, had NE kept Gordon and had another decent receiver, they'd be a much better team. Now, to agree, if Brady's deterioration from '19 to '20 is significant (it may be), all bets are off

As much as Brady has deteriorated, had NE kept Gordon and had another decent receiver, they'd be a much better team. Now, to agree, if Brady's deterioration from '19 to '20 is significant (it may be), all bets are off
They also lost O'Shea, the WR coach, to the Dolphins. That may have had some short term affects on the NE WR corps.

Back
Top Bottom