AFC East QB Play | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB Play

Any insight, or premise to back that up, or ...........????

By stats alone, there is room for "debate", but that's not really the whole discussion here.

We aren't discussing career achievements.

Do you think any other QB in the AFCE wins 5 games with this years Phins team? That most certainly is a valid debate.

I think any of the starting qbs in the division are capable of winning 5 games with the dolphins' roster.
I am not discussing career achievements. 20 td and 13 interceptions are not something exceptional
no reason to think that Darnold, Allen or Brady could not have did what Fitzpatrick did.
Stats alone fitz' td to int ratio is not very good.
I have yet to see a premise that shows that Fitz was the best qb in the division.
Fitz was the best qb on the dolphins though.
Josh Allen and Sam Darnold won 5 games with not very talented offenses also
I would take our receiving corp as mediocre as it is over Buffalo's any day of the week.

I think any of the starting qbs in the division are capable of winning 5 games with the dolphins' roster.
I am not discussing career achievements. 20 td and 13 interceptions are not something exceptional
no reason to think that Darnold, Allen or Brady could not have did what Fitzpatrick did.
Stats alone fitz' td to int ratio is not very good.
I have yet to see a premise that shows that Fitz was the best qb in the division.
Fitz was the best qb on the dolphins though.
Josh Allen and Sam Darnold won 5 games with not very talented offenses also
I would take our receiving corp as mediocre as it is over Buffalo's any day of the week.
I agree our recievers are, as a unit, far superior to any of the other three, but our line play was ridiculously worse, and there is no way Darnold, or Brady would have been effective behind it.

You could argue that Allen may have had some success avoiding the relentless pass rush, but his numbers otherwise aren't very good.

I guess we will just have to disagree. I don't think any of the three win 5 games here.

Last edited:
I agree our recievers are, as a unit, far superior to any of the other three, but our line play was ridiculously worse, and there is no way Darnold, or Brady would have been effective behind it.

You could argue that Allen may have had some success avoiding the relentless pass rush, but his numbers otherwise aren't very good.

I guess we will just have to disagree. I don't thing any of the three win 5 games here.

not sure why you think Fitzpatrick has some ability that Brady or Darnold does not have or that Allen's numbers are not good but somehow Fitz's are.
Allen would be way superior on the ground and slightly lesser in the air. Fitz is the same journeyman he has always been.
Hell I don't see Fitzpatrick as an upgrade to Tannehill.

not sure why you think Fitzpatrick has some ability that Brady or Darnold does not have or that Allen's numbers are not good but somehow Fitz's are.
Allen would be way superior on the ground and slightly lesser in the air. Fitz is the same journeyman he has always been.
Hell I don't see Fitzpatrick as an upgrade to Tannehill.

Every NFL fan has watched rady play for years. Two good hits in a half and he's average. Brady wouldn't get 5 wins in Miami

No crap owners are more likely to move picks for Allen than Fitz.....Fitz is 37. That also wasn't the argument. The argument was about who had a better year.

There is nothing outside of team wins that would lead anyone to say that Allen outplayed Fitzpatrick last year. Fitz put up better numbers behind a putrid line and no running game.....and QBR picks up the situational throws where Fitzpatrick dwarfed Allen last year. And Allen certainly did show that quite often when they lost, he bore a big responsibility....Allen's completion percentage was under 50% in games the Bills lost. Take a look at what he did in their losses (I won't hold the last Jets game against him since he barely played):
13 of 28 for 153 against the Patriots....they lost 16-10
16 of 34 for 169 against the Eagles....they lost 31-13
22 of 41 for 266 against the Browns...they lost 19-16
17 of 39 for 146 against the Ravens....they lost 24-17
13 of 26 for 208 against the Patriots....they lost 24-17.

So except for one game, the defense played average to good in their losses but the offense stunk it up......and Allen was inaccurate every time.

actually there is - Allen accounted for 5 more touchdowns while throwing 4 less interceptions in games that actually mattered

Ryan Fitzpatrick started the year off with two huge blowout losses throwing 4 picks and 1 touchdown, got benched, and then put back in and played well thru a pretty weak schedule

meanwhile you're propping up a whopping 3% difference in completion percentage over the course of the season as if it's a scarlet letter for Allen....

did you watch any of the Bills games? seriously? he played well

actually there is - Allen accounted for 5 more touchdowns while throwing 4 less interceptions in games that actually mattered

Ryan Fitzpatrick started the year off with two huge blowout losses throwing 4 picks and 1 touchdown, got benched, and then put back in and played well thru a pretty weak schedule

meanwhile you're propping up a whopping 3% difference in completion percentage over the course of the season as if it's a scarlet letter for Allen....

did you watch any of the Bills games? seriously? he played well

And if the two situations were exactly the same, you might have a point. They weren't, and everyone, including you, knows it. You just refuse to admit it makes a difference when judging the two players.

Fitzpatrick is allright for now..nothing special just plug for now..until we find better qb.. jets and Bill's look like they got there qb of future..

Fitzpatrick is allright for now..nothing special just plug for now..until we find better qb.. jets and Bill's look like they got there qb of future..
Agree with the first part.

The jury is still out on the second part, particularly with Darnold, as he has the disadvantage of the QB "whisperer" to destroy his carreer.

Brady’s playing with tennis elbow evidently which I think is effecting his accuracy. That int to rowe last week was basically to no one.

josh allens played the best qb in the division this year.

And if the two situations were exactly the same, you might have a point. They weren't, and everyone, including you, knows it. You just refuse to admit it makes a difference when judging the two players.

you just want to handicap every qb based on their situation - i get it - a lot of people do that and then get carried away, start makin excuses for qbs - it makes a difference (of course), and i still think allen outplayed fitz and i'm pretty damn confident he could've mustered 5 wins with this team

you don't seem to take into account the fact that it's easier when you have nothing to lose - playing backyard football

you can argue either way - call me crazy for not believing that a 20/13 qb performance leading the team to 5 wins was the best in the division :lol:

Agree with the first part.

The jury is still out on the second part, particularly with Darnold, as he has the disadvantage of the QB "whisperer" to destroy his carreer.
Well u have good point as well

Brady’s playing with tennis elbow evidently which I think is effecting his accuracy. That int to rowe last week was basically to no one.

josh allens played the best qb in the division this year.

Brady also has a bad shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom