**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 74 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

If the tide had of kicked the extra points it never would have gone to overtime

Yeah. But he has bigger fish to fry than an extra point.

The Process itself requires examination.

I feel pretty good about who is doing the examining if he’s up to it.

Well no, he’s still the best. It’s just a matter of whether or not he wants to rebuild the program and make the necessary changes at age 71. He has to determine whether or not he has the energy and desire to do that with what college football has become in the era of NIL.

He has to get rid of both coordinators and let go of his pet project Pete Golding. Along with a couple of position coaches. If he’s not willing to do that, then he might as well head to the lake to “watch ducks do what ducks do”.

He has nothing left to prove.

Half of the coaches in the SEC are his former assistants.

Saban’s loyalty to the incompetence of his DC is literally contributing to the restoring of SEC programs he tore down over the past 15 years in the first place.

It’s Saban’s decision. And he’s earned that grace.

Check the recruiting rankings if you think there’s a better recruiter out there.

If he wants to win another national championship at Alabama - he will.
I never said he isn’t still a great recruiter. I just don’t think he is the best coach in college football anymore. That doesn’t mean he
isn’t still one of the better head coaches but I just think some of the other top college coaches have passed him by.

It eventually happens to all great coaches. Even the great’s like Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes and many other once great college coaches eventually saw their teams drop in their play as they aged.

While I will admit that I am no Saban fan after the way he lied before leaving the Dolphins. I have always stated he has been an excellent college football coach and the best coach in college football since taking the job at Alabama.

I just think at his age and with the rise of other head coaches in the SEC, it is going to be much more difficult for Alabama to dominate the way they have done for most of Saban’s tenure at Alabama.

Saying he will win another championship if he wants to is rather ridiculous. I am sure he wanted to win a national championship this year but it’s not going to happen. I believe Alabama will continue to be a very good football team because as you pointed out, they are still able to bring in excellent recruits at this time. I just don’ t see them winning another championship under Saban but anything is possible.

I never said he isn’t still a great recruiter. I just don’t think he is the best coach in college football anymore. That doesn’t mean he
isn’t still one of the better head coaches but I just think some of the other top college coaches have passed him by.

It eventually happens to all great coaches. Even the great’s like Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes and many other once great college coaches eventually saw their teams drop in their play as they aged.

While I will admit that I am no Saban fan after the way he lied before leaving the Dolphins. I have always stated he has been an excellent college football coach and the best coach in college football since taking the job at Alabama.

I just think at his age and with the rise of other head coaches in the SEC, it is going to be much more difficult for Alabama to dominate the way they have done for most of Saban’s tenure at Alabama.

Saying he will win another championship if he wants to is rather ridiculous. I am sure he wanted to win a national championship this year but it’s not going to happen. I believe Alabama will continue to be a very good football team because as you pointed out, they are still able to bring in excellent recruits at this time. I just don’ t see them winning another championship under Saban but anything is possible.

No the reality is that everytime Alabama loses a game some clown on the internet can’t wait to get on a message board to declare the end of the dynasty and kick dirt on Saban. There’s been no shortage of it in this thread. I’ve seen it plenty over the years.

It’s the same thing in the media. The same clowns over and over - here and in the media.

Saban knows what needs to change just like I do. He’s had to look inside the program and assess what ails the team before, and make the necessary changes. This ain’t the first time. It’s just a matter of whether or not he wants to do it and make the commitment.

You act like he wasn’t just in the national championship game last year.

As usual, your post is nothing but what you hope, rather than containing anything relevant.

Alabama doesn’t have to dominate the way they have. It’s never been done before and won’t be again. But it has nothing to do with whether or not he’ll win another national championship.

If he wants to make the commitment to win another one - he will. There are no coaches that can stop him. Only he can prevent it from happening, like he did this year by retaining assistant coaches that aren’t up to the standard.

That’s on him. And he’s already admitted it.

No the reality is that everytime Alabama loses a game some clown on the internet can’t wait to get on a message board to declare the end of the dynasty and kick dirt on Saban. There’s been no shortage of it in this thread. I’ve seen it plenty over the years.

It’s the same thing in the media. The same clowns over and over - here and in the media.

Saban knows what needs to change just like I do. He’s had to look inside the program and assess what ails the team before, and make the necessary changes. This ain’t the first time. It’s just a matter of whether or not he wants to do it and make the commitment.

You act like he wasn’t just in the national championship game last year.

As usual, your post is nothing but what you hope, rather than containing anything relevant.

Alabama doesn’t have to dominate the way they have. It’s never been done before and won’t be again. But it has nothing to do with whether or not he’ll win another national championship.

If he wants to make the commitment to win another one - he will. There are no coaches that can stop him. Only he can prevent it from happening, like he did this year by retaining assistant coaches that aren’t up to the standard.

That’s on him. And he’s already admitted it.
As a Hurricane fan, I fully realize that Miami is a long way from ever contending for a championship. Other wise I don’t care who wins the Championship.

I am just looking at what I see from the outside looking at the SEC and other teams around the country. To say that no coach can prevent him from winning the championship if he wants to win it is one of the most absurd clown statements I have read in quite a while.

He obviously didn’t want to win the championship last year or when Clemson won the championship if your statement is factual. Because his team lost those championships to better teams and he was out coached in both of those games.

Keep believing that he is better than all the other coaches out there if that makes you happy. I’ll freely admit that he was the best coach in college for over a decade but I just don’t believe he is anymore. He is still certainly in the top 5 because he is still a great recruiter. As far as being the best head coach on game day now, I just don’t see it.

Last edited:
Nick Saban ranks as the #1 head coach of all time. I do agree that he is not as great now. He is getting older. Everyone loses to Father Time.

Nick Saban ranks as the #1 head coach of all time. I do agree that he is not as great now. He is getting older. Everyone loses to Father Time.
That’s my point. I certainly believe that he was the best coach in college football for over a decade and is possibly the greatest head coach in history at the college level.

I just think that getting older affects even the greatest coaches eventually. I saw it with Shula, Landry, Bryant, Hayes, and many of the other great coaches over the years.

There is nothing wrong with getting older and not being as great as you once were. I expect Alabama to remain a very good team as long as Saban is there but I just don’t see him being the same coach he was in the past.

It seems to me like bama overcorrected when they adopted a pass heavy offense. Idk if it’s something in the strength and conditioning program but they just don’t strike fear with their physicality anymore.

Since Pittman left UGA bama has recruited OL better than every team in the nation, but those guys just aren’t getting developed like they used to.

Not gonna say they’re dead because they could have the next fearsome WR corps in their next recruiting class, but the old bama didn’t require an elite, NFL caliber Wr corps to function

It seems to me like bama overcorrected when they adopted a pass heavy offense. Idk if it’s something in the strength and conditioning program but they just don’t strike fear with their physicality anymore.

Since Pittman left UGA bama has recruited OL better than every team in the nation, but those guys just aren’t getting developed like they used to.

Not gonna say they’re dead because they could have the next fearsome WR corps in their next recruiting class, but the old bama didn’t require an elite, NFL caliber Wr corps to function
Why Saban didn't trust his offense more is beyond me, if they had of kicked the extra point even once the game never would have gone to OT!

Classic.

Always whining and wanting the rules changed when things don’t go his way.
I like the team, but Saban always did rub me the wrong way. Even when the team is way out in front you see Saban yelling at his players. And after what he did to the Dolphins keeps me steamed.

Last edited:
& I thought Nick didn't have a sense of humor? /s?

p.s. I haven't heard of Heupel lobbying Tennessee's cause.

Yeah but that’s because Alabama didn’t get stomped by nearly 4 TD’s and give up 63 points to a team that lost to Missouri.

The reality is that Alabama is probably the only team in the country that can beat Georgia. But I’m not sure this Alabama team deserves the opportunity. I tend to see it both ways.

It doesn’t matter to me whether they get in the playoff or not. This has been the most disappointing Bama team to me in a long time, and one of Saban’s poorest coaching jobs.

But he’s still supposed to advocate for his team. He knows what they’re capable of on a good day.

I don't think it's just age. With NIL deals and the way transfer rules work now I don't see any team ever being as dominate as Bama was. There's a reason Saban wasn't a fan of changes. As much as I hate him for the situation he left the Fins in I still respect him for what he's done at Bama.

Back
Top Bottom