Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen!

DPlus47 said:
maybe it's due to a lack of reading comprehension, maybe it's due to a lack of writing ability, maybe it's due to a lack of desire to communicate, but people here aren't communicating. what you're saying is true, but if the team doesn't believe that any of these QB's is a potential franchise QB, then isn't it silly to take one of them? you have to deal with the actual facts in front of you, not concepts. it all comes down to which player saban wants at the right price, not anything that has happened in the past or any value charts. nobody thinks you're making anything up, a lot of people are arguing something that is irrelevant to what happens on draft day to try and make a point. it's funny, because in the past, there have been a ton of "best player available" arguments here around draft time, when wanny picked players nobody wanted at positions of need. now, "best player available" has to mean "best quarterback available" or you get called "uneducated" or worse.

I don't know if you meant it this way, but I am taking that as a little defense on my part, and I greatly appreciate it. I can HARDLY be called uneducated, and anyone has has read some of my other posts (like the Benson/Brown posts) can clearly attest to that, and I have had many comments on the quality and content of my posts. And you are right, "HISTORY" may say this position or that position is best, but we may not NEED said position at that time, or there may be a better position we need over that one, like this year. If Alex Smith is so damn great and we should take him, how come not ONE mock draft has us grabbing him? Not saying that mock's are by any means what will happen, but mock's are done by "experts" who are PAID to pour over data we couldn't even begin to manage and compile the drafts accordingly, you'd thing if Alex was such a shoe in for us like everyone seems to think and INSISTS upon, that SOMEONE would add it to the draft, actually, I just found ONE that has us taking him, so 1 out of, ummm 23, 1 out of 23 mock drafts has us with a QB. These guys aren't the coaches, but they also have more insider info than us fans do.

Phinfan31 said:
What happened to the QB's selected after Losman????? Ever heard of ANY of them since then??? My point exactly...you're just like Speilman/Wanny last year...you want to get the next Tom Brady. How well did Feeley turn out? Alot of people on here would agree he definately wasnt worth a 2nd round pick. It was a mistake to try and go the cheap *** way and attempt to pick up a star QB...not going to happen. Its very rare and a team is truly lucky when it happens, they dont intend on that player being a star from the getgo.

No, I don't WANT the next tom brady, I think tom brady was a freak occurence, i WANT a freakin running back in round one. I'm not EXPECTING a franchise QB in round 2 or later, but I AM expecting we can go RB round 1 and get a CAPABLE QB after that, one that MAY or may not be the future.

DPlus47 said:
maybe it's due to a lack of reading comprehension, maybe it's due to a lack of writing ability, maybe it's due to a lack of desire to communicate, but people here aren't communicating. what you're saying is true, but if the team doesn't believe that any of these QB's is a potential franchise QB, then isn't it silly to take one of them? you have to deal with the actual facts in front of you, not concepts. it all comes down to which player saban wants at the right price, not anything that has happened in the past or any value charts. nobody thinks you're making anything up, a lot of people are arguing something that is irrelevant to what happens on draft day to try and make a point. it's funny, because in the past, there have been a ton of "best player available" arguments here around draft time, when wanny picked players nobody wanted at positions of need. now, "best player available" has to mean "best quarterback available" or you get called "uneducated" or worse.

?????????????????????????? Did I say anything about what we are going to do????????

I never agreed or mentioned anything about best player available.

I noticed how you said most people. Its not what we are talking about.

phineffect said:
We Need all of this stuff, And nobody here can be that happy going into a season with Feeley/Ferrott, i do like Feeley but no way he leads us to a super bowl. With Smith he is Very Very smart and would know all the plays, not to mention he is very mobile, even sorta knows Linehans System. But I would like Mike Williams, or one of the 3 backs...Maybe if he kept tradiing down,say to 7, we could get a WR, then use some of the those 2/3rd picks we picked and trade up for one of the remaining Rbs? Somthin like that??

I am very happy with Feely why do we give Fiedler athousand opportunities and Feely none?

ohh

We our giving him chances... is almsot Fielder Part 2.. I wanted to be great, but when the game is on the line he ussly thorws a Pick, for a TD.

I Love SABAN.....I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage. At #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario the best OL on the board. That doesn't seem so bad, right?
Hey, remember that the Vikings these past two years have been the joke of the draft. Remember that they were LATE turning in the name of the player they want for 2 straight years, making them move further down in the draft. They can easily get Nervous that one of the big 2 WR's will fall off the board before either of them gets to #7. The Vikings NEED a WR, and if we end up with that 5th pick and there's only one WR left MINNY will need to pull the trigger.
I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. And don't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

dolfreak said:
I Love SABAN.....I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage. At #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario the best OL on the board. That doesn't seem so bad, right?
Hey, remember that the Vikings these past two years have been the joke of the draft. Remember that they were LATE turning in the name of the player they want for 2 straight years, making them move further down in the draft. They can easily get Nervous that one of the big 2 WR's will fall off the board before either of them gets to #7. The Vikings NEED a WR, and if we end up with that 5th pick and there's only one WR left MINNY will need to pull the trigger.
I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. And don't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

Dolfreak, do you keep posting the same thing or am I going insane and having massive deja-vu attacks? I swear I see this post on like every page, lol

kizzaboo said:
?????????????????????????? Did I say anything about what we are going to do????????

I never agreed or mentioned anything about best player available.

I noticed how you said most people. Its not what we are talking about.

i'm not sure what we are talking about, then. like i said, the people here are not communicating.

Agent51 said:
Dolfreak, do you keep posting the same thing or am I going insane and having massive deja-vu attacks? I swear I see this post on like every page, lol
i was about to say the same thing... i thought i was crazy.

Has this come from the horse's mouth himself? Or, are these mere rumors from the Miami Herald? Has Saban really released a statement claiming to select Alex Smith if he is available?

Phinfan31 said:
WHY DO WE NEED AN IMPACT PLAYER NOW?? Saban has said he is rebuilding for the future in the draft...for a player with the most value LONGTERM. We are NO LONGER the "WIN NOW" Miami Dolphins, that attitude never worked because we were never ready to make the run without a true starting QB..and we WILL NEVER BE until we get one. It should be a very clear sign that we need to take a QB high in a draft when the past 3 years there has been a competition between our starter and the 2nd string......

I don't see the need to draft a 2nd round caliber QB. This QB class is the one of the least talented in recent years. It is like we are settling on one of these guys becasue they are availbe and we just so happen to have a high pick. There is nothing we can do about the past three and the product that DW has left us with. However, we need not settle just because something is available. There are other players in this draft that are proven to be gambreakers for years. Alex Smith has been known for 1.

Now, please don't get all overly emotional and think I am bashing you. This is all IMO.

Agent51 said:
He is RYAN LEAF. I say it again SCREW ALEX SMITH.

I know we can get a RB in the 2nd or 3rd, but we can get a QB too, so that balances out, bringing us back to the 1st rnd RBs vs 1st round QBs and the RBs KILLS them. The jump from college to NFL for a RB is WAYYYYYYYY less dramatic and difficult than it is for QB. Add that to the fact that the three running backs are already proven gamebreakers and guys that contrinute HUGELY to the outcome of the game and success of their teams and that These 2 QBs could quite possibly be the two most overrated QBs, especially Smith. At least Rodgers had a versitile offense, Smith was a shotgun man and a product of Urban Meyers genius. ANY QB at Utah under Urban Meyer would be in Smith's position right now. I bet Chris Leak is the new Alex Smith next year

I have to point out to you though, if we don't trade down we don't HAVE a second or more third round picks to get a QB later. So now you have a RB and a 3rd to pick up a QB and no S, C, LB, DT.

Trade down and still pick up the RB/QB and then have all the extra picks.

7 is where I want tob e because there are 7 grerat players in this draft IMO.

2 QB's, 3 RB's, 2 WR's

Stay away from Johnson that high IMO.

I have been on Smith sicne day 1so it's fun to see everything come full circle.

PhinsTD said:
I have to point out to you though, if we don't trade down we don't HAVE a second or more third round picks to get a QB later. So now you have a RB and a 3rd to pick up a QB and no S, C, LB, DT.

Trade down and still pick up the RB/QB and then have all the extra picks.

7 is where I want tob e because there are 7 grerat players in this draft IMO.

2 QB's, 3 RB's, 2 WR's

Stay away from Johnson that high IMO.

I have been on Smith sicne day 1so it's fun to see everything come full circle.

I like that train of thought, and agree with it (trading down). If you remember some of my older posts on Benson my plan all along was trade down and get him as our back, because Brown was rated higher by EVERYONE, and some people even rate Caddy higher, so trading down we could get more picks, and Benson for less of a cap hit. I STILL am not sold on Smith though. While I know there is a possibility that we may only have one 1st then 1 3rd, it's a risk I am willing to take. I just had a great point to make, but then I lost it when my celly rang, DAMMIT. Oh well, if I remember it I'll edit it in. Otherwise, good post, and I respect you sticking to your guns abut Smith since day 1, good to see someone that is SURE and CONFIDENT in the picks they want.

Back
Top Bottom