Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen!

Jnaledu3 said:
Yeah, the people who dont want Smith are saying its a smokescreen..

I think maybe its just you guys that are full of smoke.

i think it's a little of both. i think saban would rather move down, but if he can't he'll take smith.

Agent51 said:
No, I don't WANT the next tom brady, I think tom brady was a freak occurence, i WANT a freakin running back in round one. I'm not EXPECTING a franchise QB in round 2 or later, but I AM expecting we can go RB round 1 and get a CAPABLE QB after that, one that MAY or may not be the future.

first and foremost feeley is not our answer.

second. an offense without a qb, is a lot like a giraffe without a neck.

runningbacks can be found anywhere, not quarterbacks.

do qbs need runningbacks? yes, but we can find one with something other then the number 2 pick.

everyteam that made the playoffs last year, had a good/great qb. times are changing. we are either going to get with the program or get burned.

Aquanator B1000 said:
first and foremost feeley is not our answer.

second. an offense without a qb, is a lot like a giraffe without a neck.

runningbacks can be found anywhere, not quarterbacks.

do qbs need runningbacks? yes, but we can find one with something other then the number 2 pick.

everyteam that made the playoffs last year, had a good/great qb. times are changing. we are either going to get with the program or get burned.

I TOTALLY agree Feeley isn't the answer, I've said that since we signed him and did that dumb trade. That being said, he IS the starter this year (well, him or Gus, possibly Sage) because the rookie, be it Smith or someone lower, will sit for 1-3 years, which is my biggest argument for not picking Smith, no matter WHAT QB we draft he will be sitting and we are stuck with one of the other three guys til the rookie is ready to take over after a few years, so take a guy who can make us not totally abismal during those years ("big 3" RB) and QB in 2 or 3 and use the "learning period" to do a lot of focus training with him.

Agent51 said:
1, this is kinda the topic of like 46 posts already

2, Alex Smith as our pick "...................." Doesn't excite me one bit, not now, not when he takes over our team, not ever. We need a GAMEBREAKING running back. A great QB can only do so much without a RB, do I even NEED to mention Marino? He was the greatest QB EVER yet he will always be that only in our eyes (Dolphins fans) because "he didn't win a SB" so every non Dolphin fan says Montana or another SB winning QB. WHY didn't he win a SB? NO RUNNING. I don't care what ANYBODY says, Alex Smith is not the second coming of Dan Marino, and if Dan couldn't do it in his prime with Clayton and Duper, how is Alex Smith going to do it with Chambers and Booker and in a league that has more improved defenses? He isn't. SCREW Alex Smith, I'm not buying it one bit. He is a product of the shotgun and I don't care how much flak I catch for it because I'm sick of him.

I'd rathertake my chance and get "Another Marino" (your comparison, not mine) for 15 years and take my chances that we can keep our d strong AND find a RB.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Look, Saban wants you guys to think that he thinks you guys think to much! So when you think you know what Saban thinks, he thinks you think what other people think and should think what he really thinks is what he thinks!

Get it!!
Yea, but what do you think? :lol:

Equalizer said:
I'd rathertake my chance and get "Another Marino" (your comparison, not mine) for 15 years and take my chances that we can keep our d strong AND find a RB.

ummm, I hate alex smith, why would I compare him to my idol marino? show me where I said he is another marino

hweitz14 said:
Alex Smith is going to be a huge bust in the NFL.

He is Heath Shuler/Cade McKnown.

You guys are clueless.
That may or may not be true, but to throw out the names of Heath Shuler and Cade Mcnown I think you may want to atleast give a reason. Or do you not have one??? :shakeno:

J Tes said:
That may or may not be true, but to throw out the names of Heath Shuler and Cade Mcnown I think you may want to atleast give a reason. Or do you not have one??? :shakeno:

Lets just take that Punter from Tenessee in round 1 and piss EVERYONE off equally

Agent51 said:
Lets just take that Punter from Tenessee in round 1 and piss EVERYONE off equally

nice!

we should start an argument over why i think we should draft mike nugent (kicker) from ohio state over your punter.

EVERYONE knows you need a franchise kicker!

DPlus47 said:
nice!

we should start an argument over why i think we should draft mike nugent (kicker) from ohio state over your punter.

EVERYONE knows you need a franchise kicker!

......while a kicker is important, remember, we DO have olindo, who is a former Pro Bowler and, if he stays healthy, should be able to return to that status this year. Not to mention we have Gramatica as his backup, so I think we are set there for depth. A good punter however, would be the best choice since we lack depth there and Dustin Colquitt (tennessee punter) could add significant depth. He is a master at pinning them deep, and also comes from a family rich in history with punters.......................

Agent51 said:
......while a kicker is important, remember, we DO have olindo, who is a former Pro Bowler and, if he stays healthy, should be able to return to that status this year. Not to mention we have Gramatica as his backup, so I think we are set there for depth. A good punter however, would be the best choice since we lack depth there and Dustin Colquitt (tennessee punter) could add significant depth. He is a master at pinning them deep, and also comes from a family rich in history with punters.......................

but mike nugent has a name like a former almost-rockstar!

Agent51 said:
I TOTALLY agree Feeley isn't the answer, I've said that since we signed him and did that dumb trade. That being said, he IS the starter this year (well, him or Gus, possibly Sage) because the rookie, be it Smith or someone lower, will sit for 1-3 years, which is my biggest argument for not picking Smith, no matter WHAT QB we draft he will be sitting and we are stuck with one of the other three guys til the rookie is ready to take over after a few years, so take a guy who can make us not totally abismal during those years ("big 3" RB) and QB in 2 or 3 and use the "learning period" to do a lot of focus training with him.
He won't sit for more than 2 years and my money would be on one. But we probably won't contend for a Super Bowl in the next few years anyways. So if in 3 years he is a good player for us when we are starting to make our run it is well worth it to take him. The scenario for a WR is almost the same. Rookie WR's don't usually contribute right away. It usually takes them a year or two to establish themselves.

hweitz14 said:
I have to hand it to Saban.....he is playing a mean game of poker.

No chance he takes Smith.

And I'm gonna LMAO when he selects Smith at #2....

Just kidding. I, like you and everyone else here, have no idea who Saban is really interested in anyways...the funny thing is that on the day after PC, Saban is going to say "we got the guy that was rated highest on our board and the guy we wanted", no matter who it is...But I'll still be happy because I just don't see Saban taking this year's Jamar Fletcher or Eddie Moore...

ummm, HELLO, the Mike Nugen/Dustin Colquitt debate is the new Smith/no Smith debate.

I hope the Dolphins do draft Alex Smith. He is an inteligent field general and will bring badly needed leadership to the Dolphins offense. He is NFL-ready and could be the Dolphins' starting QB mid-to-late-season.

If the Dolphins do trade-down with Tampa Bay, I hope Saban holds true to the draft value chart and gets Tampa Bay's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks this year - or 1st and 2nd round picks this year and a 2nd round pick in 2006. (And the picks the Dolphins receive from Tampa Bay must be unconditional, meaning the Dolphins can trade them or use them. Often times, a team trades a pick on the condition that they be used or the condition they not be traded to any team in a conference or division.)

I'd rather the team draft Alex Smith but, if the price is right, I'd favor trading down. With this said, I sense Saban will do what is best for the team.

Back
Top Bottom