All In With Tannehill | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All In With Tannehill

To the OP, though, I’m not entirely certain this is accurate. I am of the opinion that this off-season is more revealing that Ross is all-in on Gase, and that he has a lot more rope that people might think.

While I’m (obviously) a Tannehill supporter, I think the revelation last year was that the team simply wasn’t making the playoffs again without Tannehill...and to Gase, that was simply unacceptable.

In other words, I don’t think that the Fins not drafting a QB was as much a dice roll with Tannehill as Gase creating a complete team that can execute his plan...and that a QB injury should not completely derail that plan.

Now, you’ll get no argument from me against the Fins being ****** if Tannehill goes down for any length of time in 2018. But I think the team is going in a direction that will eventually lead to a “next man up” mentality when a key player goes down.

Exactly correct. For the most recent example, see the Eagles from last season. That is all. Every foot stomping, fist pounding, "We NEED to draft a QB!!!!!" poster would have said exactly the same thing if Foles were our backup QB.

i prefer the idea of rostering virtually no backup this year; if tannehill gets hurt again or isn't good anymore, we need to lose as many games as possible to get a qb pick. Hoping this doesn't happen and I still remember that Tannehill was pretty much killing it when he got hurt.

I hope not….have you seen next year’s QB draft class, looks extremely weak compared to this year’s QB draft class.

That’s why I sort of hoped the Dolphins had the foresight to draft a QB this year even if they have confidence in Tannehill for the short term in order to take over from him once his time in Miami is eventually done.

No idea how 2020 QB draft class looks though, but don’t rely on next year’s QB draft class guys unless we get a top 3 pick which I hope we don’t as that probably means we had a terrible 2018 season.

I hope not….have you seen next year’s QB draft class, looks extremely weak compared to this year’s QB draft class.

That’s why I sort of hoped the Dolphins had the foresight to draft a QB this year even if they have confidence in Tannehill for the short term in order to take over from him once his time in Miami is eventually done.

No idea how 2020 QB draft class looks though, but don’t rely on next year’s QB draft class guys unless we get a top 3 pick which I hope we don’t as that probably means we had a terrible 2018 season.

This organization's current brain trust in place has no foresight. They are reactive, not proactive, in virtually all of their moves. This is why we will continue on the path to mediocrity.

This organization's current brain trust in place has no foresight. They are reactive, not proactive, in virtually all of their moves. This is why we will continue on the path to mediocrity.

Interesting comments....and couldn't disagree more. I see an organization with a plan that they are sticking to....unlike the past logic of blowing it up or changing our direction every two years.

Ross is clearly 100% Gase and Gase knows what he wants.

I’m all in on Tannehill this year and maybe next year. I say there’s a couple of QBs worth lookin at for next year if Tannehill doesn’t produce, like Drew Lock or Shea Patterson.

I’m not certain you’re familiar with debate. This isn’t how it’s done.

Let’s do it your way: Todd Bowles is the greatest Dolphins coach ever. But...I really don’t have the time or want to put in the effort to prove my point. You prove me wrong with stats, or I declare myself the winner!

Just Google QBR rankings and select the years since Tannehill has been in the league and let us know what you find. I want you to look it up and see it for yourself.

The biggest surprise of the draft for me was when Mason Rudolph was on the board and we went with Jerome Baker. A bit later, the Steelers chose Rudolph. The Steelers have Big Ben and are usually a pretty smart team but we have to have faith that Gase saw faults in Rudolph's game and much preferred Baker. Baker will for sure help this season more than a third string QB would have, unless Rudolph beat out Osweiler for the back up job. Who knows, it doesn't matter and we're rolling with what we have and what more we can get between now and opening day. This team is 100% different from last season's team and I think they are 100%better. Prove it on the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will. People that take us lightly are going to get smacked around.

What if Amendola was NE lucky piece and now we have him! We sure could use some better luck.

When Tannehill retires after a 15 year NFL career people will say too bad he's retiring, if he stayed around until next season we could of really got a good read on him and finally figured out what we had.

I'm just making a stupid joke and I love RT but doesn't it seem like we never know what he can do after 6 seasons? It's always add pieces and wait until next year. Hey, wait 'till next year!!!!

That whole argument about "if Tannehill goes down this year our season is done for and everyone is going to get fired" seems to me to be a reaction by those that were disappointed we didn't draft a QB. You can say that about 90% of the teams in the league. Of course your season is going to suffer if your starting QB is injured - this is nothing new. However, the surgery Tannehill is coming back from has a high level of success at his position these days so his danger of experiencing a season ending injury is not significantly greater than any other starting QB.
I think you're right

. They MIGHT be able to trade Tannehill for a 2nd to some team, but more like would be a 3 and a 7 or something like that.

thats funny! too bad you're not in charge of NE or Pittsburg's front office- that could really help!

... I love RT but doesn't it seem like we never knowwhat he can do after 6 seasons? It's always add pieces and wait until next year. Hey, wait 'till next year!!!!

no , it doesnt seem that way. we always said wait until he had decent coaching and a half decent OL. that happenef in year 5 in case you were out of the country, and he flourished. there is no question mark from those who know their football- other than the injury situation and what effect it might have.

Tannehill already arrived- that you and six or seven others on here missed it is what is kind of mind boggling! :)

Last edited:
Basing it on the same thing you are. Belief

You go ahead and focus on the semantics of "believe." Rudolph is better than Osweiler or Fales. I feel confident saying that. I'm basing it on seeing them play, you're basing your view on supporting whatever the Phins do.

Back
Top Bottom