All In With Tannehill | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All In With Tannehill

You go ahead and focus on the semantics of "believe." Rudolph is better than Osweiler or Fales. I feel confident saying that. I'm basing it on seeing them play, you're basing your view on supporting whatever the Phins do.
You know no more than anyone else. Plain and simple. He could end up being a great QB down the road or he could bust, you literally have no idea with any certainty nor does anyone else.

You go ahead and stay on your side of the road and I'll stay on mine. Not trying to sell you on my views, but I don't want to buy yours either.

thats funny! too bad you're not in charge of NE or Pittsburg's front office- that could really help!

no , it doesnt seem that way. we always said wait until he had decent coaching and a half decent OL. that happenef in year 5 in case you were out of the country, and he flourished. there is no question mark from those who know their football- other than the injury situation and what effect it might have.

Tannehill already arrived- that you and six or seven others on here missed it is what is kind of mind boggling! :)

This is incredible. You really believe you could get more for a 30 year old QB with ZERO playoff appearances, middle of the pack stats, coming off back to back years where a knee injury ended his season?

I like Tannehill, but some of you guys are delusional about him.

5 teams drafted a QB in the first round:
Browns: Baker Mayfield
Jets: Sam Darnold
Bills: Josh Allen
Cardinals: Josh Rosen
Ravens: Lamar Jackson

Would ANY of them trade their drafted QB for Tannehill straight up? Doubt it.

Heck, the Steelers drafted Mason Rudolph in the 3rd round. If the Dolphins approached them about a trade for Tannehill in exchange for Rudolph would they do it? The answer is probably no.

If the Dolphins offered the 49ers Tannehill in exchange for Garopolo would they pull the trigger? Hell no.

Tannehill could end up being the answer, but there is not an FO in the league that would stake their career on a trade for Tannehill right now.

You know no more than anyone else. Plain and simple. He could end up being a great QB down the road or he could bust, you literally have no idea with any certainty nor does anyone else.

You go ahead and stay on your side of the road and I'll stay on mine. Not trying to sell you on my views, but I don't want to buy yours either.

Based on that logic, literally every player in the draft has an equal chance at success. That's obviously nonsense. Rudolph is a better QB than Osweiler and Fales. That's not based on mystical belief, that's based on actually seeing them all play.

But by all means, stay on your side of the road, whatever that may be. You haven't really said. Mostly just came after me because I said some sorta meanie things about the Phins staff, I guess.

Based on that logic, literally every player in the draft has an equal chance at success. That's obviously nonsense. Rudolph is a better QB than Osweiler and Fales. That's not based on mystical belief, that's based on actually seeing them all play.

But by all means, stay on your side of the road, whatever that may be. You haven't really said. Mostly just came after me because I said some sorta meanie things about the Phins staff, I guess.

Settle down snowflake, nobody came after you.

LOL.

Why do you keep bringing up Tannehill? Seems like a weird obsession.

Mallet wasn't a fail.... LOL. Keep digging.

Used a 2nd. Invested 4 seasons. Got a second. FAIL.

Used a 3rd. Traded for a failed QR. FAIL

Sure, picks are infinite. Use one. Just get granted another. What color is the sky in your world?

Ask Philly if backup QBs need to be found by flailing around with draft picks.

Pointless comment. But that seems common with you.

Capital letters aren't a retort. Those picks remain sound and didn't prevent the Pats from team-building, thereby destroying your weak as Tanny's knee argument.

Oof, went back to that Philly well again, eh? :laugh That did not go well for you last time. Of course they didn't use a high draft pick on a backup QB, they didn't have many left after going up to "just get a QB dammit!!!!" They just re-signed the one they used a 3rd round pick on. Seems to be a good spot to land a backup QB

And after your childish "hater" and "stupid and lazy" comments, you expect me to be cordial with you? Not a chance, kid. You do this same dumb **** with anybody who isn't dreaming of Tannehill ****ing their wife, let alone criticizing him or, god forbid, expressing concern about his durability and hoping for a better backup plan (note: not replacement) than paying Jay Cutler $10 million.

Since you're not offering anything to the conversation outside a broken caps lock (damn computer machines, amirite?), I think it's run it's course. You'll respond, because that's what you do. Then you'll stare dreamily into the eyes of your framed Tannehill poster (a few seconds too long), smile, and say "I'll always have your back, my dear QB."

But I won't see it. ;)

Settle down snowflake, nobody came after you.

Whoa whoa, settle that fiery rage. Didn't think you'd be able to handle any of the football discussion. Whatever. If they miss the playoffs, they should all be fired. They won't be, because Ross gonna Ross, but they should be. I'm hoping that isn't the case. I hope Tannehill stays healthy and continues his play from the second half of his 2016 games.

We invested 4 years into a former 2nd round WR and traded him for a 4th round pick. Did you call that a fail?

It’s a wash if anything, but also consider the player is 4 years older. In any case, most be agree they probably traded Garopolo under value. They actually rejected a 1st round pick offer from Cleveland for some reason if I recall correctly.

They could have traded him for a first at least but B.B. cut some kind of deal with Shanahan who he likes for some reason.

Bottom line, Garapolo was a good investment. He could have been the heir apparent easily for Brady, he won several games as Brady’s replacement which helped the Patriots retain home field advantage in the playoffs, which greatly contributed to their super bowl runs. And STILL got back their same draft compensation when trading him away. I’d call that a win any day of the week.

When was the last time the Dolphins traded ANY player for the same or better compensation than what they drafted them for, much less a QB?

The Dolphins have been so bad at drafting QBs that they haven’t even had the opportunity to trade one away for ANY value since Scott Mitchell.

They MIGHT be able to trade Tannehill for a 2nd to some team, but more like would be a 3 and a 7 or something like that.

It’s just nuts to say the Garopolo draft pick was a fail. If that a failure, I want that kind of failure in Miami.

The thing is, most teams that do not draft QBs in the first round do a pretty terrible job of it, if you're just going on batting average. Unless you're the Colts who seem to always be in a position to draft a can't miss franchise QB, the idea is to take as many shots at it as possible. The luxury that perennial winners that the Patriots have is that they can afford to use a lot of draft picks on QBs. They miss on a lot of them, but every so often get it right.

Capital letters aren't a retort. Those picks remain sound and didn't prevent the Pats from team-building, thereby destroying your weak as Tanny's knee argument.

Oof, went back to that Philly well again, eh? :laugh That did not go well for you last time. Of course they didn't use a high draft pick on a backup QB, they didn't have many left after going up to "just get a QB dammit!!!!" They just re-signed the one they used a 3rd round pick on. Seems to be a good spot to land a backup QB

And after your childish "hater" and "stupid and lazy" comments, you expect me to be cordial with you? Not a chance, kid. You do this same dumb **** with anybody who isn't dreaming of Tannehill ****ing their wife, let alone criticizing him or, god forbid, expressing concern about his durability and hoping for a better backup plan (note: not replacement) than paying Jay Cutler $10 million.

Since you're not offering anything to the conversation outside a broken caps lock (damn computer machines, amirite?), I think it's run it's course. You'll respond, because that's what you do. Then you'll stare dreamily into the eyes of your framed Tannehill poster (a few seconds too long), smile, and say "I'll always have your back, my dear QB."

But I won't see it. ;)

Bye bye. Another poster with their failed arguments shot down. Just too easy.

I am getting a kick out of you trying to attack my computer skills instead of the facts. When you don't like the facts, try a diversion. LOL

BTW, the Dolphins have a backup QB that is a former 2nd round pick (one round higher than Foles and the same round as Garoppolo). He went 5-2 to help the Broncos win their most recent Super Bowl (another similarity to Garoppolo).

So, as I have said, there is more than one way to acquire a backup QB. A team that has a lot of holes needs to use their draft picks on players that have a likelihood of seeing the field.

Kudos on your repeated attempt to get this thread moved to the depths so fewer people will see you getting schooled.

When Tannehill retires after a 15 year NFL career people will say too bad he's retiring, if he stayed around until next season we could of really got a good read on him and finally figured out what we had.

I'm just making a stupid joke and I love RT but doesn't it seem like we never know what he can do after 6 seasons? It's always add pieces and wait until next year. Hey, wait 'till next year!!!!

You couldn't be more right on. I agree completely.

Reactions: BSQ
Bye bye. Another poster with their failed arguments shot down. Just too easy.

I am getting a kick out of you trying to attack my computer skills instead of the facts. When you don't like the facts, try a diversion. LOL

BTW, the Dolphins have a backup QB that is a former 2nd round pick (one round higher than Foles and the same round as Garoppolo). He went 5-2 to help the Broncos win their most recent Super Bowl (another similarity to Garoppolo).

So, as I have said, there is more than one way to acquire a backup QB. A team that has a lot of holes needs to use their draft picks on players that have a likelihood of seeing the field.

Kudos on your repeated attempt to get this thread moved to the depths so fewer people will see you getting schooled.

I don't know what's funnier -- you picking some random person to have a 12 page Thill battle royale with daily or you declaring yourself the winner when it's going ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE.

Heads better roll if Osweieler has to come in and be the worst QB in the history of football because Thill gets hurt again. The Dolphins almost deserve to have the worst possible situation present itself after how they handled the QB position ... again. Baker over Rudolph ... that bypasses tragic to reach hilarity then circles back to tragic.

I don't know what's funnier -- you picking some random person to have a 12 page Thill battle royale with daily or you declaring yourself the winner when it's going ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE.

Heads better roll if Osweieler has to come in and be the worst QB in the history of football because Thill gets hurt again. The Dolphins almost deserve to have the worst possible situation present itself after how they handled the QB position ... again. Baker over Rudolph ... that bypasses tragic to reach hilarity then circles back to tragic.

What is funny is you making this proclamation without either player playing a down in the NFL.

O/U on this going....15 more pages?

Back
Top Bottom