Am I the only one that cringes at EVERY single trade up scenario ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one that cringes at EVERY single trade up scenario ?

I don’t think Washington moves from Chase Young. The only way they are guaranteed Chase Young is to stay at 2.

The draft starts with the Lions at Pick #3.
I love Okudah - think he is flat out best non QB in the draft - he is also a great fit from value/ need perspective for Lions.
Okudah IMO is so good that if I’m Detroit I want my cake and eat it too.

Trading down 1-2 spots for an additional 1st this year. Grab Okudah. Take a WR end of rd1 - that team isn’t bad on paper.

Yeah … or they could just draft a shiny new QB …

Okudahs a carrot and so is chase young. Come draft day there’s high potential for 3 of these qbs to go top 5. Hell there might be even 4.

I’d use that as leverage in talking Washington into the deal. If they believe even 3 qbs go top 5 they get themselves in a trade out scenario even a top 2 non qb player of their choice dealing with us.

Bet it moves the needle. That’s not a hard sell

I cringe every time, because I'm yet to be convinced any of these guys in question are the franchise savior. I would however, love to be proven wrong.

IDK, it would definitely be a crowded field of candidates, including both of us Mr. WR.......lol

Kidding...
Definitely! I mean, anyone with more than a couple of post in the Tua thread is a plausible candidate... :lol:

In terms of Detroit I think if they stay at 3 they pounce on okudah

If they stay put

All those guys were in there with Grier last year and still managed to somehow hand pick Michael Deiter and Isaiah Prince out of a loaded offensive line class. You'll have to forgive me for not subscribing to this theory that all is well.

It's time somebody with some confidence got in there and pushed all these "safe drafting" job savers out of the way and showed 'em how to take risks worth taking. I honestly think some of the people that have been running the Dolphins for years post on this site. They're afraid of their own shadow. You can't build a winner like that.

As I've said before, if the bottom line is between taking a chance on a quarterback like Tua and some receivers vs. Chris Grier and a barrel full of 1st round picks - give me Tua and some receivers every time. I'll take my chances winning with that.

Counting on Chris Grier and some draft picks isn't risky. It's retarded.
Fans are delusional. What picks have been outstanding? I only see terrible. - Dieter- Prince- Harris, Tankersly, Asiata. Smythe, Ballage, and slightly average- Wilkins, Raekwon, Gesicki.
Minkah- no grade. Just an eff up.

Where are the Simmons, Kamari’s, Cooper Cupp, Godwin etc.

Deiter in the 3rd was a low risk/reward pick. Prince in the 5th was no risk vs potential big reward. Most 5th rounders are lucky to end up on the practice squad. Who knew that Prince was such a waste? I am not in favor of trading up for a QB this year, not enough arm strength in the top two prospects for my taste. Maybe Herbert is their guy anyway at #5?

But if we keep the picks for two years and build up the roster best case we are the Vikings, does anyone fear the Vikings come playoff time? If we use some of the resources and hit a QB (like Tua or Burrow) we could be the Seahawks in two years with a QB who covers a lot of bases and are a good draft and FA period from being considered conference favorites.

More people fear the Vikings than, let's say...the Texans.

Just as many people fear the 49ers as they fear the Chiefs.

Realistically, Kansas City has next year to be "feared" after that the team will disintegrate into a perennial playoff contender (that's it)...much like the Seahawks did when they threw a bag at Wilson.

So.... let's give all those shiny picks to another team (who really should be drafting the next best thing since sliced bread) and stand with a new shiny QB and our diks in our hand because we have no more talent (probably less) than we had last season except at QB ... where we have "generational" "all world" talent but he can't really play yet ... or maybe ever ... or maybe for a little while ...

Geez, give it a rest ... at least let the combine and FA play out before we put our horses before the carts ...

This HC has made it clear he can win with lesser talent ... so if someone else grabs the "messiah" we will face him and as my Aunt Doris used to say ... what will be will be .... but we will be competitive unlike the last several years when we either looked lost or pathetic ... and at times, both ...
Firstly, the second bolded comment contradicts the first bolded comment. If he can win with less, why wouldn't he be able to win with a new shiny QB (the most important position in all of sports)

Secondly, did you forget about all of the picks we have in 2021 as well, assuming we don't accumulate anymore on either draft night utilizing a trade down?

Third, have you forgotten about our cap space? The stuff that can be used to fill holes on your team with proven players?

Last edited:
Deiter in the 3rd was a low risk/reward pick. Prince in the 5th was no risk vs potential big reward. Most 5th rounders are lucky to end up on the practice squad. Who knew that Prince was such a waste? I am not in favor of trading up for a QB this year, not enough arm strength in the top two prospects for my taste. Maybe Herbert is their guy anyway at #5?
RD3 is sweet spot for interior OL.

If you are in love with a QB you don’t screw around and hope he falls to you. You go up and get him. I don’t feel the same way about other positions.
By saying "you", are you referring to the Phins front office, or the Phons fanbase?

Back
Top Bottom