An Interesting Look At How Cancerous Jay Ayayi Was Last Year And Why He Was Traded | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Interesting Look At How Cancerous Jay Ayayi Was Last Year And Why He Was Traded

That's high praise for a guy that was the third option RB on that team. Miami got a 4th rounder for a guy that was a problem, is not as good as Drake and will not be in the NFL in two years. They did well. Good for Philly, they would have won without him.
He wasn’t 3rd option. This talk is silly.

Finally Ajayi 1023 yards, Blount 700+, Clement 321.

But Ajayi was 3rd option. Rationalization by fins fans.

well you could be right but blunt is gone. so expect more carried to ajayi. but that did stop him from getting 1000 yd last yr. weather you agree or not ajayi is good rb. it didnt work out in Miami but guy can run ball..

He is, but Sproles is back. (I was surprised, too.)

Finally Ajayi 1023 yards, Blount 700+, Clement 321.

But Ajayi was 3rd option. Rationalization by fins fans.
I'll bite even though this is silly talk. He averaged 3.4 yards per carry with Miami and 5.8 yards with Philly. The offensive line and QB had a lot to do with his success and I believe you know that.

With the same offensive line , Kenyan Drake averaged 4.8 yards per carry and was much better in the passing game as well. Jay is a 2 down back in this league and will have success on a good team if he can stick to the basics. He is at his best as a 1 cut runner that hits the gap hard, his problem was that the gaps were much smaller for us last year and he started dancing to much. It drove me nuts when he was dancing behind the line as that just isnt his strength.

I won't knock the kid, this was a beneficial trade for both teams. I think we can run a more productive offense without him just because of his limitations in the passing game. Let's just leave it at that.

I really dont recall ajayi throwing fits on the sideline. The cameras would have caught that easily. I do worry that Gase isn't able to control some of his players the way other coaches are. He needs to figure it out because talent is more important than a 'Yes man'.

I really dont recall ajayi throwing fits on the sideline. The cameras would have caught that easily. I do worry that Gase isn't able to control some of his players the way other coaches are. He needs to figure it out because talent is more important than a 'Yes man'.
Denial. Threw a fit in the Jets game during a comeback win because we were throwing the ball. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Denial. Threw a fit in the Jets game during a comeback win because we were throwing the ball. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
You would think before someone post something that they would know a little bit of what they're talking about.

Not denying that it didn't happen, questioning if it was something overblown.

even if he starts and has a good season for the Eagles, keep an eye on his longevity.

hopefully his attitude/off the field issues don't wreck his career, but if i had to bet right now i would bet that they will.

He MAY get 1000 yds. this season...I mean, after all that's only 62.5 yds per game over 16 games....that isn't really impressive IMO...the Eagles currently have 5 RB's and I'm not sure how many will dress each game but I'm pretty sure they rotate backs out...he would have to average 4 ypc at 15 carries a game so it's possible even probable....unless his true colors start to show (selfishness, immaturity)...then he's likely to get benched...

I'll bite even though this is silly talk. He averaged 3.4 yards per carry with Miami and 5.8 yards with Philly. The offensive line and QB had a lot to do with his success and I believe you know that.

With the same offensive line , Kenyan Drake averaged 4.8 yards per carry and was much better in the passing game as well. Jay is a 2 down back in this league and will have success on a good team if he can stick to the basics. He is at his best as a 1 cut runner that hits the gap hard, his problem was that the gaps were much smaller for us last year and he started dancing to much. It drove me nuts when he was dancing behind the line as that just isnt his strength.

I won't knock the kid, this was a beneficial trade for both teams. I think we can run a more productive offense without him just because of his limitations in the passing game. Let's just leave it at that.
I agree w all of this. I don’t miss him. I was only reacting to the “he didn’t help Philly” comments as I just don’t think that’s true. He and Blount were a good 1-2 power combo.

Back
Top Bottom