An Interesting Look At How Cancerous Jay Ayayi Was Last Year And Why He Was Traded | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Interesting Look At How Cancerous Jay Ayayi Was Last Year And Why He Was Traded

Can you imagine Jarvis and Ajay both being a pain in the locker room and on the sidelines during games?

Both demanding high touches of the pigskin win or lose?

Last edited:
But yet he has a ring and Dan Marino does not have one.

And your point? So based on that, you must think Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were better QB's than Dan Marino? I mean they got rings and Dan Marino doesn't. What a moronic post you made.

Last edited:
But yet he has a ring and Dan Marino does not have one.
Your post is here, but yet it says nothing…means even less… and ultimately makes no sense. So "Oblie" how does it feel to have no point?

Last edited:
ajayi is good back. he is starting hb thus yr on eagle... he is not here. so I don't have anything bad say about him. he had good yr in 2016

He MAY be a good back...time will tell...but his behavior and attitude tells me he is not a good TEAMmate....he reminds me of a thug with childish tendencies...

You can have him....I'm glad he is gone and I'm glad to see the team moving away from that type of behavior regardless of talent....the players work for the organization and need to be united to that cause IMO

No he didn't. That machine was running to the SB long before he got there.

I was excited and impressed with him in the beginning too but after he blew me away with those 4 good games he gave us it was a whole lot of meh.....
Yeah it was telling that our running game came back to life when he left. He’s a classic personality in the nfl. A guy that gets a big head and loses his drive. Not a guy you want to sign a monster deal with. Imo. We’ll see though.

You notice that without #17's threat to take it around the corner, pulling the LB out of the hole and opening the secondary, Ajayi didn't have all those 'monster games'.

Once upon a time this team had a young and talented CB. Problem was he would show up to practice under the influence of alcohol. Other players got on his case but the problem continued. Finally he was traded. Many complained when his career took of, saying our team couldn’t bring him in line, yet another team could. Now what really happened is he got a wake up call and was forced to realize certain behavior won’t be tolerated no matter how good you are at your job.

Much the same is happening with Jay. Gase left him at home once. Then he had enough success that he got big in the britches again. He needed to get knocked down a peg. Hoping for his sake he has learned his lesson and will be a great RB for the Eagles. But make no mistake, Gase did what needed to be done for the best of all party’s involved. If he goes on to have a great career he should one day be man enough to thank Gase.

Gase hates players that feel their are entitled or have bad attitudes. Ajayi and Landry are gone for a reason and the Phins are better for it.

Other issue with Jay Ajayi occurred early in the season with the game against the Saints in London. On the Friday night before the Sunday game Ajayi launched his lifestyle/clothing brand - YURP! in Soho, London (remember - he's English) and the pics show some players with Ajayi (Jarvis, Drake, Perry and others I can't remember) plus celebrities attending the party. It didn't get much attention in the media here but all of this looked a total and complete distraction for the team that should have been focused just on the game. Ultimately we lost the game (close, tight first half but underwhelmed in second half) and I presume Gase was pissed.

Last edited:
I'd point out that there have been signs of discontent in Philly as well. Nothing too egregious in Philly yet, but the sports people there are saying that he is showing small signs that could lead to a downward trend if the team started struggling and that he was not thrilled by not getting more carries.

But in a way I think how its shows how different players embrace rolls differently. Some players embrace leadership right away some don't. Some do great when they're a piece and some fall when more as expected of in a leadership role (and yes I think based on everything we know that Ajayi and Juice were not good in leadership roles)

Few points here being made on this thread that should be kicked around.
1. Philly won the SB more because of Cooks getting injured during the game for the Pats more than anything else.
2. All this Ajayi/ Laundry bashing because they bitched about not getting the pigskin enough during the game is what the studs on your team do. Don't think for a minute Dan Marino, Mark Clayton and Mark Duper and significant others talented players to wear a Dolphins uniform didn't do this too.
3. Way to many posts with the cart in front of horse going on here. Logically the theme getting kicked around that Laundry, Jay A and Suh and their selfish additutes that we are better off without em is hogwash. The proof is in the pudding, Gase rookie year he won with mostly Philbins players, last year he lost mostly with Gases players, including Jay Cutler that he hand picked from the scrap heap.
4. This all being said this thread is way premature until we have a body of work to review about this time next year and then we can tell fiction from fact. If Gase doesn't make the playoffs with a healthy RT we have issues with coaching, same thing with Laundry s performance at the Browns and Jays at Eagles.
5. Hopefully we win and Jarvis and Jay play well for their teams and you should hope so to.

He's gone! Leave 'em alone. Gase has to PRODUCE. No more "cultural" excuses!

He's gone! Leave 'em alone. Gase has to PRODUCE. No more "cultural" excuses!

Nah. It's a relevant discussion and further exemplifies why he was shipped out.

That was the start of the exile here in Miami. Obviously more came afterwards.

A good coach can manage problematic personalities, and lead them to win the Super Bowl

But not when you have many problematic personalities like Ajayi, Landry, Tunsil, Pouncey, TJ McDonald....Plus an O-line coach sniffing coke? There is so much a coach can take in 1 year not even counting losing his starting quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom