any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any takers on JJ Watt, Im all in/To be released

There’s are creative ways to trade him. The Texans could turn most of this salary into a signing bonus and then trade him so he fits under most teams cap. It’s possible where draft comp comes into play.
Houston would never do that. They can cut him and save his entire salary. If they did this they would be paying him to play for another team just to pick up a late round draft pick. Its very unlikely.

With injury considerations also. Can he even hold up for 5 games?

Its 50/50 at this point.

If we did sign him and he was tearing it up in training camp, I think I’d just concoct a phantom injury and just not let him play until the playoffs. Last minute add to the roster in the post season.

Honestly, at this point I'd rather stick with Ogbah and Lawson

Our luck we get the #3 pick and no blue star Youngs, Bosas, or Garrets.

Gotta just reach for the highest rated WR.

JJ Watt is probably the greatest player in the history of the HOUSTON TEXANS. If they have come to the conclusion that he's worth trading then it sounds like JJ's playing skills must have deteriorated fairly significantly. $17M plus forsaking a Draft pick is a lot to give up. I think that if we are seriously evaluating trading for Watt, then we need to have confidence in his medical condition. How healthy is he? This is one for the doctors to thoroughly evaluate, because he's a great player when healthy.

JJ Watt had a fantastic career but he's at the end of his days in the NFL. In my mind he's one bad injury away from retiring. He's had back surgeries and a bunch of other medical problems. He's had a Hall Of Fame career. There's no reason to make him a Dolphin imo. No beaten down FA on this team. Let Watt go to a contender, I wish the guy well. It's been a thrill to watch him play but we have to rebuild the way we've been doing it, through the draft and a FA steal here and there.

If we want to finish rebuilding the defense we need an edge rusher and a dominant Middle LBer. If only we could bring back Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas our problems would be solved. We need to find 2 guys that have some of their type of talent. Get some pass rushers in the draft and look for a sideline to sideline missile to be our MLBer.

Sure if he wants to win and trim that salary I’d give a 3rd round pick

No to JJ but I would love to trade for his brother TJ. I still can’t believe the Dolphins drafted Harris while TJ was sill on the board in the 2017 draft.

I think JJ would be a good fit for us, he would bring leadership and relentless motor, even at his age to help propel our D to the next level. What say you
No thanks. He‘s often injured, past his prime, too expensive for what you would get. You would be paying for the past legend as oppposed to what he actually is today.

I think JJ would be a good fit for us, he would bring leadership and relentless motor, even at his age to help propel our D to the next level. What say you
Experience, yes. Talent, gone. Pick your poison.

Back
Top Bottom