Are the Dolphins purposely tanking in the 2nd half? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins purposely tanking in the 2nd half?

the game against the Redskins the decision to go for 2 was an interesting one. Was it, Hey, we haven’;t won a game, let’s go for the win? or was it, a tank Move?

Otherwise, in this game, the 8 man blitz before the half that led to the touchdown was an arguable call, similar to the one above. However, that alone isn’t what made us lose. Other than that call, the things that made us lose were:

1. Howard out in second half, no one could cover shooster
2. Pass hits O’leary in the chest, turnover with good field position.
3. Questionable spot and 1st down loss on 4th by overturning the call on the field without any clear evidence.

There were some other turnovers, but all of those things couldn’t have been planned, so I don’t think they are trying to lose in the second half, in fact I’m quite certain Flores does not want the ignomy of going 0 and 16. You can see his passion, that man is trying to win. IMHO...
Had they thrown in the EZ that game vs Wash it would be a start to removing the tank moniker

What I do think is evident, Flores has this team playing hard, even with the talent stacked against them. Imagine how good Miami can be with a team filled with quality starting type players and not the 2nd and 3rd string types that current take up 90% of the roster. This is a testament to the coaching style of Flores. The players are running through walls for this man. He's making a name for guys like McMillan, Biegel and Baker. All of them played their azzes off on Monday night. Brian Flores is the right guy for the job, we may not see it at the moment, but the evidence is there. Once the right players are in place, look out NFL.

Last edited:
Watch what indy’s season looked like when they tanked for luck. There were many occurrences of similar blown leads in the second half. I thought it was obvious and intentional, but seems like the world just let it be.

you aren’t going to sell me on Flores and staff are intentionally throwing games..

People are going to tell you exactly that when it suits their point of view to do so. Flores would NEVER tank, he has too much respect for the game. Except when we point out how absolutely ****ing abysmal the second half adjustments are, or how stupid that zero blitz was against Pittsburgh. Then he is all in on the tank.

My personal opinion is that the Dolphins were intentionally set up to tank by the team's General Manager. I don't think that the players are trying to lose games, and I don't think that the coaches are trying to lose games. Those guys all want to try to keep their jobs, put good things on film, and continue to work in the NFL. However, you have a roster that's completely depleted of NFL talent and a coaching staff that is inexperienced and in way over its head? Yeah, you're tanking. Those guys are part of the tank, but it doesn't mean that they are doing it intentionally.

You ever seen Major League? It's like that, except that Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't Jake Taylor, Josh Rosen isn't Rick Vaughn, Preston Williams isn't Willy Mays Hays, and Brian Flores sure as hell isn't the Skip.

you aren’t going to sell me on Flores and staff are intentionally throwing games..
He isn’t doing much to win games tho is he?? I doubt his staff are not chumming with Grier and Ross

You sell me that play call at the end of the half Vs Pitt??

You sell me on the play to win the game VS Washington?

Watch what indy’s season looked like when they tanked for luck. There were many occurrences of similar blown leads in the second half. I thought it was obvious and intentional, but seems like the world just let it be.
Bingo

Nobody knows for sure. But you aren't going to sell me that defensive call before halftime against Pitt was because they didn't know better.

Call it experimenting - call it tanking, call it whatever you want. But don't call it trying to win.

:lol:

Wow!!! This going to be such an ugly place when Miami wins it's 1st, possibly 2nd game this year.

People are going to tell you exactly that when it suits their point of view to do so. Flores would NEVER tank, he has too much respect for the game. Except when we point out how absolutely ****ing abysmal the second half adjustments are, or how stupid that zero blitz was against Pittsburgh. Then he is all in on the tank.

My personal opinion is that the Dolphins were intentionally set up to tank by the team's General Manager. I don't think that the players are trying to lose games, and I don't think that the coaches are trying to lose games
. Those guys all want to try to keep their jobs, put good things on film, and continue to work in the NFL. However, you have a roster that's completely depleted of NFL talent and a coaching staff that is inexperienced and in way over its head? Yeah, you're tanking. Those guys are part of the tank, but it doesn't mean that they are doing it intentionally.

You ever seen Major League? It's like that, except that Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't Jake Taylor, Josh Rosen isn't Rick Vaughn, Preston Williams isn't Willy Mays Hays, and Brian Flores sure as hell isn't the Skip.

That is how I see it also (the bolded part). They have what a hadnful of NFL players on the roster?

No matter what plays the coaches call won’t matter in the end because the team is so depleted.

He isn’t doing much to win games tho is he?? I doubt his staff are not chumming with Grier and Ross

You sell me that play call at the end of the half Vs Pitt??

You sell me on the play to win the game VS Washington?

ok so basically Flores is intentionally sabotaging his team to lose? Did he instruct Fitz to throw that crucial pick in Buffalo? O leary to drop that ball
For the pick?

why didn’t he let Rosen just continue to play QB?

was everyone on board for this rebuild or whatever you want to call it. Yes, I think they were I’m not buying that Flores wants to go 0-16 though.

Last edited:
I'm not a conspiracy theorist type but....

Go look at the drive chart against Buffalo.

No one in their right mind is going away from Mark Walton, when they did, unless winning the game isn't the optimum outcome. Walton was ripping off 8 yards runs consistently.

It's hard to run the football well and lose. It's really, really, really hard.

The second they put Drake in there, game over.

Ryan Fitzpatrick plays to win so that's part of the equation too. If O'Leary catches that pass instead of the INT there, that game could easily go the other way.

At the end of the day, I don't know whats going on. We've come along way though...

Thankfully the stench from the first two weeks of the season has finally passed. Those were anomalies and now we are talking about possibly having thrown the last 2 games? That's ideal IMO.

My excitement for the draft is building everyday. My DVR is working OT the next couple of missing. I'm not missing any major NCAAF games.

Obvious miscommunication or blown assignment(s). The coaches and players are not trying to lose games. If they were, Rosen would be starting.

As for the coaching staff being in over their head? Sorry Wanny but I think they're doing a good job with the hand they have been dealt.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist type but....

Go look at the drive chart against Buffalo.

No one in their right mind is going away from Mark Walton, when they did, unless winning the game isn't the optimum outcome. Walton was ripping off 8 yards runs consistently.

It's hard to run the football well and lose. It's really, really, really hard.

The second they put Drake in there, game over.

Ryan Fitzpatrick plays to win so that's part of the equation too. If O'Leary catches that pass instead of the INT there, that game could easily go the other way.

At the end of the day, I don't know whats going on. We've come along way though...

Thankfully the stench from the first two weeks of the season has finally passed. Those were anomalies and now we are talking about possibly having thrown the last 2 games? That's ideal IMO.

My excitement for the draft is building everyday. My DVR is working OT the next couple of missing. I'm not missing any major NCAAF games.

Yup, none of us know for absolute sure, but either way it's going to be difficult to win a couple games...so in the end the outcome is probably the same or real close.

Back
Top Bottom