Are we still interested in jim harbaugh ... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we still interested in jim harbaugh ...

Tough spot for the 49ers this year, after expending so much energy three seasons in a row but falling short every time. I know several guys who bet them under the season win total for that reason alone.

I just hope they defeat the Eagles next week. I want the undefeated list empty as soon as possible.

Hard for me to believe Harbaugh will be available and will agree to relocate here.

Harbaugh if he is interested would probably want full control and to pick his own GM. That's the problem from before where we probably lost good coaches (not Fisher) who did not want to work under or be equals with Ireland.

He's an arrogant so and so but a good motivater and game day coach so if we make a change Harbaugh is a good choice.

Probably will not happen so you are safe from the ban SOS ...at least for now ;)

I'd give him control. There's no other way we're going to get a good coach in here.

IMO, the power structure of the organization is secondary to having competent individuals in place at critical positions.

The HC who is losing his own locker room? The HC who traded for J. martin? The HC who hand picked Kaep to be his starter?

I guess that would be Miami's next HC.

can we take a shot at Kevin Sumlin...I know we have struck out with TAMU guys, but I would love to try something completely different and had the reins to sumlin.
Now him accepting the job is a different story. As we have seen, our job usually goes to whomever will take it

I'd give him control. There's no other way we're going to get a good coach in here.

IMO, the power structure of the organization is secondary to having competent individuals in place at critical positions.

Of course, we would all give Harbaugh control... The moron owner however... Well, I'm sure he'll **** it all up.

He inherited that talent, he's not a rebuild kind of coach. And although Kap seems to be a decent regular season QB, he choked big time in the SB
He inherited a perpetual losing team. Alex Smith was on his way out of the league before Harbaugh took over. Kaep choked in the SB? He very nearly completed the comeback of all comebacks with a chance to win at the 5. Idk, Harbaugh took Stanford to new heights, then quickly turned SF around.

He inherited a perpetual losing team. Alex Smith was on his way out of the league before Harbaugh took over. Kaep choked in the SB? He very nearly completed the comeback of all comebacks with a chance to win at the 5. Idk, Harbaugh took Stanford to new heights, then quickly turned SF around.

He inherited those players, yes they were a losing team and he did make them championship camber. That's not the point, the point is whether or not he's a rebuild kind of coach and I think not. His type of personality only lasts for a couple of years, I don't see him undertaking an untalented team like the Fins and going through that process. It's why Peyton didn't want to sign here, he went where he could win and Harbaugh knew that going into the SF situation

He inherited those players, yes they were a losing team and he did make them championship camber. That's not the point, the point is whether or not he's a rebuild kind of coach and I think not. His type of personality only lasts for a couple of years, I don't see him undertaking an untalented team like the Fins and going through that process. It's why Peyton didn't want to sign here, he went where he could win and Harbaugh knew that going into the SF situation
Harbaugh knew going I to SF he'd be able to win with Alex Smith? Not sure about that, I think it made alot of sense geographically( coming from Stanford up the road). We also differ in our beliefs about the talent level of this team. I don't see a talentless team at all, I see a poorly coached one.

The HC who is losing his own locker room? The HC who traded for J. martin? The HC who hand picked Kaep to be his starter?

I guess that would be Miami's next HC.

Agree. And looks like the perfect set up for another Dolphins: wash, rinse and repeat after 3-4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. And looks like the perfect set up for another Dolphins: wash, rinse and repeat after 3-4 years.

I hate this ****ing team.

Well, you have to ask yourself, do you trust Ross to select another unknown coordinator that won't be anything other than a collossal failure like Joe Philbin as Head Coach?

I don't, for that reason I say he should break the bank to hire a known commodity. Harbaugh, for all his faults, DID bring tremendous success to San Francisco in the past few years. More than we have seen around here in decades! While he may never replicate that success here, at least he has shown he is capable of it. I will take that over Ross' "instincts" on an unknown coaching candidate any day of the week.

Well, you have to ask yourself, do you trust Ross to select another unknown coordinator that won't be anything other than a collossal failure like Joe Philbin as Head Coach?

I don't, for that reason I say he should break the bank to hire a known commodity. Harbaugh, for all his faults, DID bring tremendous success to San Francisco in the past few years. More than we have seen around here in decades! While he may never replicate that success here, at least he has shown he is capable of it. I will take that over Ross' "instincts" on an unknown coaching candidate any day of the week.

Horriblebaugh inherited oodles of talent. He coached them up but ultimately failed. He'll have no chance here with rebuilding so all around it just makes sense he'll end up as the Dolphins HC.

I think Harbaugh would be a big improvement in Miami, but I am getting the feeling he will never be a long-term NFL guy. I think he might just be too intense, and when you are coaching a bunch of grown men, many of whom are making more money than you, it's awfully tough to hold them all together for prolonged period. He might be a better fit for college for that very reason.

I think he's an outstanding coach, maybe not quite as good as his brother, IMO, but excellent. If you don't mind looking for a replacement in five years, he could get your team on a nice half-decade run.

Back
Top Bottom