ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson

I agree that the FO is going to stick with the plan and Tua and ignore this talk, as it's speculation and does nothing to help the confidence if we do anything but say 100% support for their original plan. Now with that said, if the talk and rumors continue and the cost comes way down, you at least listen and see where it goes. But in all likelihood either Texas try to salvage their relationship with Watson or some other team will mortgage their franchise away to get him. Get a solid OC, keep Tua on track and get other top quality players in via FA and the numerous picks we have.

If they hire Watsons bid Eric B as HC you can bet he’s staying put

I agree that the FO is going to stick with the plan and Tua and ignore this talk, as it's speculation and does nothing to help the confidence if we do anything but say 100% support for their original plan. Now with that said, if the talk and rumors continue and the cost comes way down, you at least listen and see where it goes. But in all likelihood either Texas try to salvage their relationship with Watson or some other team will mortgage their franchise away to get him. Get a solid OC, keep Tua on track and get other top quality players in via FA and the numerous picks we have.
I say go get DW if we don't have to give up the farm.

If the negotiation break off and the deal not happen, then keep Tua. And if Tua's confident is shaken because of it, he is not the qb we want anyway. He needs to grow up.

I say go get DW if we don't have to give up the farm.

If the negotiation break off and the deal not happen, then keep Tua. And if Tua's confident is shaken because of it, he is not the qb we want anyway. He needs to grow up.
At some point you do want to stop having an "if his confidence is shaken" moment every week or two. If you do stuff like that constantly and the guy flops you can't exactly say you created the best environment for someone to be successful.

I think we stick with Tua, but if we did have interest in Watson....we definitely would not give the Texans any leverage by admitting as such.
100% Facts. If anything our front office is not interested right now. Their asking price is absurd and it will come down if he is traded. Why would any team rush to trade for him at that price if he’s serious about holding out? Especially considering our situation right now. They have garbage picks, no cap space, and a star QB possibly willing to holdout. Miami’s future has been bright way before these rumors and it’ll stay bright without Watson.
Once that price tag drops tho which it will if they can’t patch things up, I guarantee we’ll be interested then.

Whether they are or not, they can’t say “oh yeah baby, we’d love to have him down here” or they could be hit with tampering charges. If Houston calls up (which would still surprise me), and it was real instead of just a media fueled speculation. Then we’d see how they really felt about getting one of the best young and proven QB’s in the league.

If they are not interested in Watson, I hope the draft Trevor Lawrence or Justin Smith. I am not sold on Tua, he is a game manager and doen't look like a franchise QB.
And what part of Lawrence or Smiths games show they’re more of a franchise QB? 🤣

What you have to consider is that Watson has the FINAL say as to where he wants to be traded. This is NO longer in the Texans's hands anymore. He can dictate what team he goes to because of his No-Trade clause. However, he can tell the Texans I will only allow to be traded to a specific team. That is why the Dolphins have all the leverage because they can just sit pat with Tua and use all their pics this year or they can command a reduced price for a talent like Watson.
It is completely in the Texans hands because Watson is under contract with the Texans. The only thing Watson can do if he doesn’t want to play for the Texans is sit out and not get paid. Having a no trade contract is only good if you aren’t demanding a trade and the team wants to trade you. Basically the Texans can simply tell Watson that if he wants a trade, they will only trade him if it benefits the Texans organization.

The reality is that if Watson really wants to be traded, I have no doubt there are probably several teams he would be happy to be traded to. While the Dolphins have been a team that has been mentioned because they have Tua and two first round picks. The Jets have Darnold and also two first round picks. New York also offers Watson the ability to earn much more money in the New York market from advertising than he would earn with the Dolphins.

You also have the 49er’s, Washington, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Bears, and Giants who would be very interested in trading for Watson and I have no doubt he would be interested in being traded to any of those teams.

Back
Top Bottom