ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARMANDO SALGUERO Fins not interested in Watson

Watson didn't seem to mind the Texans when he signed his $150M contract extension...
Ok that was then and this is now. A lot changes in one year and quite frankly he has just as much leverage as the Texans. It took HOU one day to get James Harden out of town after his comments.

The only trade I make for Watson is if x really wants 20 million per, is X and Tua and 2022 third . Houston gets a franchise qb , and a superstar player. We accelerate our rebuild. Our qb is still young, we keep all of our draft capital Capwise would be about the same next yr. When Watsons pay jumps if we were to pay X 18 per and a Fitz like Vet challenge for Tua at 8 we are matching close to Watsons contract. I never really followed Watson till this yr hoping that Houston would lose every week and he stressed me out every week. Games they should not have been in he lead them back, time and time again. He never gave up. Listen if I am stuck with Tua as my qb I am good with that but isw Flo and Greir think Watson is it I would welcome it

It is completely in the Texans hands because Watson is under contract with the Texans. The only thing Watson can do if he doesn’t want to play for the Texans is sit out and not get paid. Having a no trade contract is only good if you aren’t demanding a trade and the team wants to trade you. Basically the Texans can simply tell Watson that if he wants a trade, they will only trade him if it benefits the Texans organization.

The reality is that if Watson really wants to be traded, I have no doubt there are probably several teams he would be happy to be traded to. While the Dolphins have been a team that has been mentioned because they have Tua and two first round picks. The Jets have Darnold and also two first round picks. New York also offers Watson the ability to earn much more money in the New York market from advertising than he would earn with the Dolphins.

You also have the 49er’s, Washington, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Bears, and Giants who would be very interested in trading for Watson and I have no doubt he would be interested in being traded to any of those teams.
The mention of the dolphins was from his camp. f he really wants to come to Miami we hold an advantage

Do ppl still take media hacks seriously? I'm half expecting the likes of Omar and Amando to open up a Sammie Smith Jersey/helmet box on YouTube to get views.

Ok that was then and this is now. A lot changes in one year and quite frankly he has just as much leverage as the Texans. It took HOU one day to get James Harden out of town after his comments.
Does it?

Tua, 3rd & a 2nd might be able to do it.

Grier is a fool not to see if the ghost of Bill O'Brien still walks those halls.

Tua, 3rd & a 2nd might be able to do it.

Grier is a fool not to see if the ghost of Bill O'Brien still walks those halls.

No it won't. Put yourself in the shoes of the Texans GM, tell me how he would sell that trade to his fanbase ? It's not even what we got for Tunsil or what the Eagles and Washington gave up to move up 3 or 4 spots in the draft to take the 2nd best prospect.

If DeShaun wants this to get really, REALLY ugly... he can do it.

He'll wreck his image and destroy his ability to attract promotional opportunities, but he can blow this thing sky high. He'd also limit the type of teams who would come calling... risk-adverse GMs won't go there, but that said, it only takes one.

Idk. So we trade for him and in a year he pulls the same stuff?
That is always the problem with players that throw tantrums...

That said, of all the players that I've ever seen, his particular tantrum makes the most sense. It was bad enough when Houston's GM blew through draft picks and made stupid signings, but when they trade Watson's favorite receiver for peanuts and then stiffed him on following through on an earlier promise to let him have some involvement in their GM search... he seems to have a legitimate beef.

If Houston reaches the point where they have to trade Watson... they might as well sell every other asset that they have as well. Just blow it up completely.

The NFL players may be trying to gain more power and control ala NBA players. But with a hard cap, your pissing in the wind.

James Harden is the epitome of a spoiled millionaire who is all about James Harden and the brand.

Any owner in the NFL would be wise not to travel that road. If Levon Bell had to sit a year, I don't see why Houston management can't force the same.

Back
Top Bottom