Around the horn/ Marcus Vick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the horn/ Marcus Vick

Dude, Lemon is the declared #3, no exceptions. At best he'll be practice squad or in Europe.

What happens when he is our practice sqaud qb and he stomps on the leg of JT while JT is laying theere on the ground? Doesn't sound like a good help at all.

There is no denying he has athletic ability. It isn't a given that he is going to be automatically tried at qb. But keep this in mind. He is being brought in just for a look right now,and hasn't even been offered a contract yet. He will have to make Saban believe that he can play. He also will have to convince Saban that he is past his character issues. If he can convince Saban, then I can be convinced. Just don't get all of your hopes up just yet.

Puffboy(ricky) said:
What happens when he is our practice sqaud qb and he stomps on the leg of JT while JT is laying theere on the ground?

Jason Taylor Kicks Marcus Vicks' ***!!!!....That's what happens...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

fint0xicated said:
Can't a player be signed away by any team when they're in the practice squad? I could have sworn I heard that somewhere.

Yes! And I've read that Saban wouldn't be advers to carrying 4 QBs if the talent is there. Don't be surprised if Vick impersses with both his Skills and attitude at this weekend's Rookie Camp, he's signed and I bet we carry the 4 QBs this season......

Honestly, I don't think Vick will even be offered a contract after this week. Reality is that Saban just needs another arm at mini camp until he can sign Harrington.

IMO I think Vick has a 50% chance of making the practice squade.

I think a lot will depend on his attitude and dedication. There is no doubt this kid has talent. It'll be his drive and willingness to go through a year or two on the practice squade and do it with a smile on his face, and that will determine if he sticks with this team.

No way he makes the 53 man roster this year.

If Vick either makes the practice squad or NFL Europe, he can spend two years there then battle Cleo Lemon for the backup spot once Harrington's two year deal is up.

By then he will either have proved his worth ( redeemed himself and can remain a Dolphin) or at least improved his value to fetch a draft pick via trade.

Or he doesnt sign a deal at all. Either way, no loss to the Fins organization.

Saban sees the kid as the possibility of adding value. If he fetches a draft pick, that is positive value is added. If he serves as a backup someday without having spent a draft choice on him, that is positive value.

For everyone who hates his character (myself included) just remember he'll never be the starter here thus will never disrupt any locker rooms or cause anyone to care much about him. Last I checked we had a pro-bowler named Culpepper coming to town.

It's all about value.

Nublar7 said:
Honestly, I don't think Vick will even be offered a contract after this week. Reality is that Saban just needs another arm at mini camp until he can sign Harrington.

I agree 100%. He'sjust fresh meat for 2 days then he's gone, and good bye loser!

i think saban is the coach that will put vick's head on straight

This could be the biggest opportunity in his life. He better make the best of it too. I hope we sign him because I like the idea of what he may have on the inside. This kid is a highly spirited player, and if he can learn / or be taught how to channel that energy positively {instead of negatively} on the field, we may have a very good QB on our hands when all is said and done...

You never know with these things....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Vick makes the squad. We know Saban is no dumb ***. He sees talent and will try to guide this guy with his system/discipline/support. We have everything to gain and nothing to lose. I believe what a previous writer said, he has the potential to be a Slash/Randle El kinda guy! That, no matter what you say, is exciting! Remember, Mularkey invented these kinda guys with Kordell, Heinz, Randle El. The more weapons we have the better. Even if this guy makes the 3rd string job this year or next. He has "upside", so let's give him a shot...have you seen him in the open field...that boy's a VICK!

Back
Top Bottom