Around the horn/ Marcus Vick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the horn/ Marcus Vick

Nicky Napoleon said:
OK to all of you who want to bring him in, this guy has been arrested how many times..... AND IN VIRGINIA!!!! Now you want to bring him down to Southbeach, this kid may be the next Rae Carruth!

Rae Carruth?? Wow that's not even right..

Dolphins8423 said:
1. Were going to sign him to the practice squad for a year or two
2. We will bump him up to the bench
3. Pepper will get hurt
4. Saban puts Marcus in the game
5. Now we have our future QB
You can't be serious.

AllianceCollect said:
Yes! And I've read that Saban wouldn't be advers to carrying 4 QBs if the talent is there. Don't be surprised if Vick impersses with both his Skills and attitude at this weekend's Rookie Camp, he's signed and I bet we carry the 4 QBs this season......

Beat me to it. I think if Saban likes Vick and sees something in him, we could carry 4 QB's. Especially if Pep is hurt to start the year.

Vick would have value as a developmental guy with some scrambling ability who might be able to help in other positions as well (possibly). Saban has said he would not be opposed to having a guy like that on the roster as well. Lemon is not a scrambler despite the stereotype.

If Vick signs a contract at some point, and participates in training camp and preseason games, Saban may not be able to stash him on the practice squad. If he shows anything in practice, scrimmages, or games, another team looking for QB help just signs him to their 53 man roster and we get nothing. It's a catch-22, if the kid shows anything he will need to make the 53 man roster for us to keep him (to play in the future or trade for anything).

Not to mention Vick is still young. He will eventually mature, and if he can keep his mouth shut and his ears open to what Saban has to say he may actualy become a good QB for us some day. Maybe even hier apparent to DC in a few years (MAYBE...).

Nublar7 said:
Honestly, I don't think Vick will even be offered a contract after this week. Reality is that Saban just needs another arm at mini camp until he can sign Harrington.

if saban did indeed just want another arm, wouldnt he bring one in that wouldnt bring media distractions with him?

Nicky Napoleon said:
I think if we are sure about bringing him in, it should be under the understanding that as soon as he steps out of line.......BLANKET PARTY!!!
ROFLAMO!!!!!:sidelol:

Nicky Napoleon said:
Umm the guy pulled a gun on teens at McDonalds, thats not that far of a reach!

Well the gun charges were dropped and pleaded to a misdemeanor of count of disoderly conduct. He had three witnesses that said he never pulled a gun and none of his accusers appeared in court(one Felix Pork 19 who has been arrested twice and charged with felonies since this accusation) so this may have quite overblown. This is far from having your baby's mama killed.

Why is everyone so sure that Marcus is a bonafide talent? The kid only played for a 1.5 seasons in college and his numbers are decent but nothing to get overly excited about. Sure he's fast but not elusive, he has a good arm but he is short for the position. If it wasn't for his older brother I doubt many people would even know who he is.

So why is Saban brining him in for a look? Because its a FREE look and we need another arm for mini-camp. Factor in the off field problems and think its only 50/50 he is offered a roster at best.

VManis said:
Why is everyone so sure that Marcus is a bonafide talent? The kid only played for a 1.5 seasons in college and his numbers are decent but nothing to get overly excited about. Sure he's fast but not elusive, he has a good arm but he is short for the position. If it wasn't for his older brother I doubt many people would even know who he is.

So why is Saban brining him in for a look? Because its a FREE look and we need another arm for mini-camp. Factor in the off field problems and think its only 50/50 he is offered a roster at best.

everyone hears his name and thinks of his brother, that's why everyone is so giddy about him. me, i think his brother is horrible too. any quarterback who can't pass the ball is not a quarterback in my opinion. the vicks are injury prone and inaccurate. we're not talking about a donovan mcnabb or culpepper talent here, these are short running back/ quarterback hybrids that just can't cut it in the nfl no matter how hard they try.

Back
Top Bottom