Around the horn/ Marcus Vick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the horn/ Marcus Vick

If Vick either makes the practice squad or NFL Europe, he can spend two years there then battle Cleo Lemon for the backup spot once Harrington's two year deal is up.

By then he will either have proved his worth ( redeemed himself and can remain a Dolphin) or at least improved his value to fetch a draft pick via trade.

I think that is exactly what will happen. I also think they will keep the kid from Colorado State. Mueller likes to collect QBs ,they make the squad here or are traded somewhere else either way it helps the Dolphins.

I would'nt mind trying him out as a backup. He's got talent and there are only a handful of coaches that can control him...Saban is one of them. He is an ahole, but we'd probably get him at a great price!!!

As a fan... I actually LOVE that he's being brought in for a look... That kind of Talent doesn't get passed by an entire draft very often. Without the troubles, and had he played his senior year.. we're talken 1st day pick fo' shizzle. How can u not atleast bring him in ? It's like he's free in a way !!!

He's extremely useful for the practice squad trying to contain mobile QBs.

:dolphins: In Saban I trust...Let's give Marcus a look...Saban can Handle problem children, which Vick is. Maybe a try-out for a pro team is just what Vick needs to get his head out of his behind (didn't want to say a**, but that's what I was thinking...gotta keep it clean, ya know) In addition...he's not costing the team anything.:dolphins:

M. Vick will be good to practice with when we got some game vs some really movile QB who's a threat rusher as well as a passer.. after.. let him develop and we'll see what he becomes... as ^^ says.. saban is no fool.. he knows what he does...

One of the guys who said Vick would not make it said, "the Dolphins are thinking playoffs and super bowl and Marcus Vick won't help them get there."

He is right, because he won't make the final cuts.

OK to all of you who want to bring him in, this guy has been arrested how many times..... AND IN VIRGINIA!!!! Now you want to bring him down to Southbeach, this kid may be the next Rae Carruth!

well I know ick has talent, he's an idiot and a punk however perhaps saban can assign zach thomas to keep an eye on him and beat the tar out of him if he steps a toe out of line. though seeing as how little he has played and his poor atitude and oily ball handling I wonder if anything can be done with him. let us see what happens.

I think Saban brought Vick in to evaluate his personality. To see if he can be molded into a "Saban" kind of guy. IMO the answer he will find at this point and time in Marcus's life is a resounding NO. Vick will hit the Arena league for a couple years and who knows if he gets around the right people he may mature enough to get another try out in the NFL. Right now the guy is emotional a 13 year old, no way Saban keeps him.

ClintonDMB said:
well I know ick has talent, he's an idiot and a punk however perhaps saban can assign zach thomas to keep an eye on him and beat the tar out of him if he steps a toe out of line. though seeing as how little he has played and his poor atitude and oily ball handling I wonder if anything can be done with him. let us see what happens.

I think if we are sure about bringing him in, it should be under the understanding that as soon as he steps out of line.......BLANKET PARTY!!!

Back
Top Bottom