Around the horn/ Marcus Vick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Around the horn/ Marcus Vick

Ego

MV has a chip on his shoulder - he thinks he deserves a starting job just b/c he is a Vick.....it'll be interesting to see if Saban can whip his attitude into shape...
There is some potential upside, particularly if we can utilize him in different positions other than QB. But I agree with some of you - he has only played one full season in college. There is no way I'd put him in the game this year...

fint0xicated said:
Can't a player be signed away by any team when they're in the practice squad? I could have sworn I heard that somewhere.
Good looking kid! Looks like he is wondering if he can play center or guard!:cooldude:

Puffboy(ricky) said:
What happens when he is our practice sqaud qb and he stomps on the leg of JT while JT is laying theere on the ground? Doesn't sound like a good help at all.
I don't think he is even that stupid. Zach would blindside him and JT would get up and stomp a mudhole in him. That would be a quick history lesson.:evil:

Puffboy(ricky) said:
What happens when he is our practice sqaud qb and he stomps on the leg of JT while JT is laying theere on the ground? Doesn't sound like a good help at all.

Do you really think that is going to happen? Seriously..........

AllianceCollect said:
Yes! And I've read that Saban wouldn't be advers to carrying 4 QBs if the talent is there. Don't be surprised if Vick impersses with both his Skills and attitude at this weekend's Rookie Camp, he's signed and I bet we carry the 4 QBs this season......
It's called discovery. Saban gets to see him in action, test his responses to situations, see how he reacts around others. He gets to evaluate him vs Lemon measure up value, and decide if he is worth continuing evaluations and if he makes the grade.
If Vicks behaves and plays well with others, keeps his mouth shut and just plays football, Saban has another card to play or trade. He can make or finish breaking Vick easily, so I expect Vick to be on his best behavior.Even though Vick seems to think he has all the answers, he is no match for Saban mentally and Nick can win in all aspects of this game. He can pressure Vick to see how he will respond and test him to all limits. Advantage Saban. Discard, Sign and keep or trade.
If all goes well, he does have a practice squad QB to keep or maybe better. It could fall like this.
Culpepper or Culpepper or Culpepper
Harrington Lemon Lemon
Lemon Holland Vick
Vick Or Holland Vick Holland

Yes I could see with Saban finally getting to see Lemon in action that Harrington doesn't get signed. He has until June to wait, and he doen't have to sign him. Justin Holland had very good numbers in completion pct and the last two years impressive performance. He could make the squad and if Lemon looks good enough, Harrington may not be needed if Culpepper progresses enough. On the other hand, Saban could still take him and get draft picks for the QB's that he feels he can do without. If he gets Harrington , Holland and Vick for no picks and gets picks for one or two of them, then Miami does well in the draft next year. Upside is someone has to document if Vick is good enough to make the NFL as talent that sticks. Saban can benefit if he and Vick wins. Meantime he has a camp QB to pass the ball while checking out the other hopefuls.
remember we have a 2nd rd pick in Culpepper, and 2nd and 6th in Lemon as we gave a 2nd for Feeley and then gave Feeley and a 6th for Lemon. Saban has to see his worth and after I watched Lemon compete against Philip Rivers in college, I feel Lemon will move up quickly when given the chance. He hasn't had one yet in Miami. He has a very good arm and quick feet and can throw back accross the field while running in the opposite direction on target. Not many QB's have done that. Elway was the best at it. Time will tell. They all have to start someplace and they all have to be given a chance. This camp is wide open and a big chance for all involved.

:dolphins:

dlockz said:
Well the gun charges were dropped and pleaded to a misdemeanor of count of disoderly conduct. He had three witnesses that said he never pulled a gun and none of his accusers appeared in court(one Felix Pork 19 who has been arrested twice and charged with felonies since this accusation) so this may have quite overblown. This is far from having your baby's mama killed.

Michael probably paid everyone off to make it go away...............lol

VManis said:
Why is everyone so sure that Marcus is a bonafide talent? The kid only played for a 1.5 seasons in college and his numbers are decent but nothing to get overly excited about. Sure he's fast but not elusive, he has a good arm but he is short for the position. If it wasn't for his older brother I doubt many people would even know who he is.

So why is Saban brining him in for a look? Because its a FREE look and we need another arm for mini-camp. Factor in the off field problems and think its only 50/50 he is offered a roster at best.

Well said!

I say send him to Europe. Brock has been worthless. Dump him and see if Vick can be a good boy and play some football.

if he makes the team, he'll be the 3rd QB no doubt. THere's no way he goes to the PS, because if he's on the PS then any team can claim him. I believe his potential is too high to put him on the PS. If anything, we designate him to NFL Europe

Dolphins8423 said:
1. Were going to sign him to the practice squad for a year or two
2. We will bump him up to the bench
3. Pepper will get hurt
4. Saban puts Marcus in the game
5. Now we have our future QB
Go away!!!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
They just had a topic about if Marcus Vick will make the Dolphins and ever find sucess in the NFL. Two pannel members said he will make the squad and 2 did not. Of the two who did, one said he will be on the practice squad. One of the guys who said Vick would not make it said, "the Dolphins are thinking playoffs and super bowl and Marcus Vick won't help them get there."

Just thought I'd share with you guys. Any one think he makes it as the #3?

3rd choice QB's dont help any team get to the Super Bowl. To get to a SB with a 3rd choice QB is rare and to do it with a rookie is just not going to happen.

Re:

If Vick has any future with the Miami Dolphins, it will be at a different position then quarterback. As others have mentioned, without the Vick name on the back of his jersey, he would not merit so much as a cup of coffee. His brother Michael is not a legitimate NFL quarterback, and Marcus doesn't have half the skills, or the resume, his brother does.

Mr.Majestik said:
If Vick has any future with the Miami Dolphins, it will be at a different position then quarterback. As others have mentioned, without the Vick name on the back of his jersey, he would not merit so much as a cup of coffee. His brother Michael is not a legitimate NFL quarterback, and Marcus doesn't have half the skills, or the resume, his brother does.

Well compared to most undrafted free agents, I think Vick deserves a shot at a rookie mini camp, hell worse QB prospects have been drafted than Marcus. If you say he did not deserve top be drafted that may be somewhat true, but to say he does not deserve an invite to a rookie minicamp with no contract that is absurd. This guy was the all ACC QB so he is deemed better than some Qb's that played for top level teams in that conference. He did as much as our recently signed UDFA rookie Justin Holland if not more and I see no one bitching that he does not deserve a shot.

Back
Top Bottom