Article absolutely KILLING Chambers | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article absolutely KILLING Chambers

This is about the fifteenth Chris Chambers thread that I've seen go on to three or more pages on my 40 posts per page setting.

The reason for that IMO is that the standard debate about Chambers revolves around the following points as if they're mutually exclusive:

1. Chambers himself isn't good enough to be relied on as our go-to guy at WR.

2. He's never had a great QB who could get him the ball consistently.

3. He's never been in a big-time passing offense other than last year.

The problem is that those points are debated in a "it must be one or the other" fashion when in fact all three of them could be true at the same time, which I suspect they are.

Ok it's easy to argue that Chambers is overrated, but the worst reciever in the league?

Who the heck could possibly read such a statement and still give that article any respect?
Absolutely ridiculous, anybody who agrees that Chambers is the worst WR in the league should never watch football again, it's unbelievable.

Why are we even discussing articles from Boston anyway? I guarantee you the Pats secondary will be most concerned with stopping Chambers on sunday.

bluehaze said:
Throughout the years Chambers has always had the lowest completion percentage of most of the recievers on the team catching balls from the same QB's. Chambers has always had the majority of throws as well so has had twice the time as the other recievers to develop chemistry catching the ball from the same QB and has always failed to catch more passes than some of our other recievers.

It is obvious at this point Booker, Welker and even McMicheal have all built that chemistry yet Chambers is still lacking.

This years recievers all catching passes from both Daunte and Harrington:

Chambers: 122 Attempts 43% Caught 611 Yards
Welker: 83 Attempts 73% Caught 598 Yards
Booker: 71 Attempts 61% Caught 598 Yards
McMicheal:70 Attempts 66% Caught 467 Yards
Hagan: 32 Attempts 53% Caught 180 Yards

Note even Hagan the rookie everyone has been calling a bust maintains a better completion percentage than Chambers.

And even with these stats smacking people upside there heads people
still say Chambers is good or he is a #1 receiver.This guy is not even "decent" and it's NOT only this year.:shakeno:

PhinfanUK said:
Ok it's easy to argue that Chambers is overrated, but the worst reciever in the league?

Who the heck could possibly read such a statement and still give that article any respect?
Absolutely ridiculous, anybody who agrees that Chambers is the worst WR in the league should never watch football again, it's unbelievable.

Why are we even discussing articles from Boston anyway? I guarantee you the Pats secondary will be most concerned with stopping Chambers on sunday.

so do you believe someone created an entire grading system to put CC at the bottom? none of you "this article sicks" guys will answer this question... he graded at the bottom of a system that's been around for years because he really does deserve it....

miamiron said:
And even with these stats smacking people upside there heads people
still say Chambers is good or he is a #1 receiver.This guy is not even "decent" and it's NOT only this year.:shakeno:

To say he isnt even decent is ridiculous. WR who arent even decent dont get 1100+ receiving yards and 11 TDs in a season. Not even decent, what a joke!

DonShula84 said:
To say he isnt even decent is ridiculous. WR who arent even decent dont get 1100+ receiving yards and 11 TDs in a season. Not even decent, what a joke!

the joke is to deny over and over it is true that he is NOT very good compared to his peers. The numbers and my eyes do not lie...he is an underachiever

cnc66 said:
so do you believe someone created an entire grading system to put CC at the bottom? none of you "this article sicks" guys will answer this question... he graded at the bottom of a system that's been around for years because he really does deserve it....

Good lord. All it shows is that there "system" is flawed. They didnt create it to say Chambers is the worst WR in the league. But anyone who believes he is the worst WR in the league is ******ed. Not just wrong, completely ******ed. People who believe this system still cant account for how this system rated him as the 62 WR last year. How can you accept a system that is proven to be ineffective just by looking at the previous season? If you are willing to accept this system at face value, you are saying last year you would have taken 61 WR before Chambers.

cnc66 said:
the joke is to deny over and over it is true that he is NOT very good compared to his peers. The numbers and my eyes do not lie...he is an underachiever

The space between being an underachiever and the 80th rated WR in the league is as big as the Grand Canyon.

If people would read what the formula actually counted they'd realize it isnt meant to show the performance of an individual player but the performance of an entire team. That would account for why Chambers could put great numbers last year but still be rated really low on this scale.

DVOA is still far away from the point where we can use it to represent the value of a player separate from the performance of his ten teammates that are also involved in each play. That means that when we say, "Larry Johnson has a DVOA of 27.6%," what we are really saying is "Larry Johnson, playing in the Kansas City offensive system with the Kansas City offensive line blocking for him and Trent Green selling the fake when necessary, has a DVOA of 27.6%."

This system says more about our entire offense than it says about just Chambers. But people in there need to blame one player for our problems are using it for what it isnt intended for.

Since coming to the league other than his soph season Chambers averages around 900 yards and atleast 7 Tds a year. That doesnt make him the best WR in the league by any means, but people are overblowing how bad he is. To think he'd be out of the league in 3 years with those numbers is pretty funny also.

DonShula84 said:
Good lord. All it shows is that there "system" is flawed. They didnt create it to say Chambers is the worst WR in the league. But anyone who believes he is the worst WR in the league is ******ed. Not just wrong, completely ******ed. People who believe this system still cant account for how this system rated him as the 62 WR last year. How can you accept a system that is proven to be ineffective just by looking at the previous season? If you are willing to accept this system at face value, you are saying last year you would have taken 61 WR before Chambers.

The system is not flawed, I am heading out to work so don't have time for a lengthy post however the simplest way to explain the ranking system is you have

Reciever A with 200 Attempts and 1200 Yards
Reciever B with 100 Attempts and 1200 Yards

Which reciever is better?

The system accounts for efficiency. The better players do more with less. Yes it is impressive to see Chambers have an 1100 Yard season but when you consider that he had 166 Attempts to do it whereas Santana Moss put up 1483 Yards with only 134 Attempts it does not seem nearly as impressive.

I told you in my post he,s not a #1 WR...

bluehaze said:
The system is not flawed, I am heading out to work so don't have time for a lengthy post however the simplest way to explain the ranking system is you have

Reciever A with 200 Attempts and 1200 Yards
Reciever B with 100 Attempts and 1200 Yards

Which reciever is better?

The system accounts for efficiency. The better players do more with less. Yes it is impressive to see Chambers have an 1100 Yard season but when you consider that he had 166 Attempts to do it whereas Santana Moss put up 1483 Yards with only 134 Attempts it does not seem nearly as impressive.

I'd take B, but a lot of things go into the difference beyond Chambers sucks. And like they even say it is more a measure of the total offense than that one player. He produces, and people say he sucks because he doesnt produce efficiently enough? Even with your helpful breakdown (no sarcasm) it still doesnt account for 61 players being better than him. All things equal, two guys with the same stats take the more efficient one, but 61 WR werent close to Chambers stats last year.

I think a better way of coming to the conclusion that Chambers is a problem is to relate his production to his contract. His contract is very near or better than that of Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, Laveranues Coles, Muhsin Muhammad, Torry Holt, Anquan Boldin, and Roy Williams. I'd take any of those guys over Chambers in a heartbeat.

DonShula84 said:
If people would read what the formula actually counted they'd realize it isnt meant to show the performance of an individual player but the performance of an entire team. That would account for why Chambers could put great numbers last year but still be rated really low on this scale.

This system says more about our entire offense than it says about just Chambers. But people in there need to blame one player for our problems are using it for what it isnt intended for.

Since coming to the league other than his soph season Chambers averages around 900 yards and atleast 7 Tds a year. That doesnt make him the best WR in the league by any means, but people are overblowing how bad he is. To think he'd be out of the league in 3 years with those numbers is pretty funny also.

For someone who is the top paid offensive player on our team, you have to admit that those averages are well below the expectations of the organization when they resigned him.
Chambers contract should have included some form of sub par performance clause.

Back
Top Bottom