As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As Of Right Now The Dolphins Have the First Pick In the 2021 Draft ?

Sadly we all know Houston won’t even finish top 5 this season unless something happens to Watson but here’s to rooting against them regardless!

Watson looked like a quality steakhouse cheeseburger with a side of fries last night. Mahomes looked like an aged steak with truffles and a nice Chianti, with sourdough bread and crab cake appetizer. Houston is fading hard.

The Texans are not headed for the top pick, they'll get their skulls peeled next week against the Ravens too, but they are by no means anywhere close to the worst team in the NFL. The Jags, Giants, Redskins, Panthers, Jets and maybe the Dolphins, or gulp, the Patriots, are worse.

The Texans are what they've always been, mediocre. It's probably a bit much to assume an offense with many new parts would perform well considering the limited off-season and lack of preseason games.

Houston will at least go 7-9 6-10 if Watson stays healthy they play the jags twice bengals browns etc.

Watson looked like a quality steakhouse cheeseburger with a side of fries last night. Mahomes looked like an aged steak with truffles and a nice Chianti, with sourdough bread and crab cake appetizer. Houston is fading hard.

I'm so low class, I'll take the cheeseburger any time and have no regrets. Toss in an appetizer of mozzerela sticks and it's sealed deal.

Houston will at least go 7-9 6-10 if Watson stays healthy they play the jags twice bengals browns etc.
I think I would take 6-10 and lock that in if I could have it, 6-10 gets us a top 10 pick..

We'll get a top 5 pick out of Houston. That team is gonna quit before the middle of the season.

That’s what I’ve been thinking. There is a very good chance they start 2 - 6. Throw in a few key injuries and I think they quit. They should beat the Jags twice so #1 is unlikely. But if the Jags win the first meeting, look out.

TFK

I'm so low class, I'll take the cheeseburger any time and have no regrets. Toss in an appetizer of mozzerela sticks and it's sealed deal.

Yeah I would probably take the cheeseburger also. Nothing beats a great cheeseburger and fries other than maybe a delicious pizza.

Yeah, let’s indeed be real here.

It’s very worth considering how bad HOU is and may be later in the season. I’ve been saying it all offseason. HOU is vastly overrated. And lost their #1 offensive threat outside of their QB.

Have you looked at their first 7 games?? It wouldn’t be a complete shock if they lost ALL 7. Then what?

The real ‘what if’ to consider is — what if DeShaun Watson goes down for any length of time? That team is surely a bottom 5, possibly bottom 3 team and in contention for a top pick.

Even with Watson healthy I think HOU is in trouble. They vastly overachieved last season, when most things went their way in winning 6-7 games they easily could have lost. What if things don’t go their way this season? History suggests that JJ Watt is bound to miss some time. And their defense ain’t that good to begin with.

IDK how it will eventually play out, but HOU conveying a top 5 pick isn’t far fetched at all. And top 3, even #1, isn’t far fetched if Watson misses significant time.
My opinion is quite different. I can't see that roster in that division getting the top pick ... just too easy of a division, just too much solid talent on that roster. But, like you, I am hoping they get the top pick for us!

I love the post except for the highlighted part. I think if Tua gets hurt, drafting Lawrence doesn't mean we start over. We have solid rebuild going on in my mind, so we just upgrade to a better QB in Lawrence.
Thanks man.

I'm not saying it definitely would happen ... I'm just saying that there is no question if Tua is healthy and doing well. But if he's not healthy or not doing well, any NFL GM/Coach/Owner who is worth his salt would need to consider a talent like Trevor Lawrence.

If Tua is not doing well though, that also means the team is likely not doing well, and coaches with 2 seasons experience, below-average wins and not meeting 2nd year expectations ... that would put a lot of pressure on the coaching staff. Ross wanted the best GM and coach ... well he'll never have a better chance to get those two people than if we have all these young talented players, tons of draft picks and the #1 overall pick who is the highest rated QB prospect in a long while. If we don't win 7+ games, there will be a huge temptation for Ross. That's all I'm saying.

That would be an interesting dilemma. I don't think Miami or Houston will pick top 10, let alone first overall. But, for the sake of argument, I would probably take Trevor Lawrence if Miami did have the #1 pick.

The reasons are pretty obvious. Tua's injuries have to be taken into account. It's the most important position in football. Lawrence might have more upside than Tua.
Yeah, it is an extremely unlikely scenario that the Dolphins would have that choice ... but if they did, I fully expect them to make the wrong choice ... whichever that is, LOL.

I think its more likely, both Miami's and Houston's 1st round draft picks fall in the 10 - 18 range. I don't think either is making the playoffs. At 5-11 Miami picked 5th in 2020. So a 6-10 record, this year, should be bad enough for a spot in the top 8 - 10 picks of the draft. Perhaps with a little luck, the pick falls somewhere between 7-9. I believe Houston will be a 6-7 win team. I don't see them as potent as they once were.

The down side is, picking in that 7-10 range takes you out of the Micah Parson's sweepstakes. So if I'm mocking players to Miami's 2 picks I'm looking at non Parson type players.

They've been solid WRs. I look at that foursome and I don't see a huge issue, but certainly they miss that all star possession guy that Deandre was for them. Will Fuller did a lot of the "Deandre work" inside last night. Where they went missing was on the outside, where with Cooks, Stills and Fuller you expect them to do better.

Or maybe they are all washed? Still too early to tell for me.

I think someone nailed it though, none of them like to work Underneath except Cobb. Stills was never a big underneath guy when he was here and Brandin Cooks playing small is an age old problem that’s plagued him everywhere he’s been. Remember that ridiculous jump in the SB when all he had to do was put his head down and pick up a 1st down? My only recollection of Will Fuller is a couple highlight reel games followed by a season ending injury. I thought Watson was bailing too early on plays too, drippibg hos eyes and running when he should have kept them downfield.

I give their defense credit though, there was a point where I thought they were completely gassed but they made some key stops after that. Had their K not missed a field goal it would have been a 7 point game late.

I think someone nailed it though, none of them like to work Underneath except Cobb. Stills was never a big underneath guy when he was here and Brandin Cooks playing small is an age old problem that’s plagued him everywhere he’s been. Remember that ridiculous jump in the SB when all he had to do was put his head down and pick up a 1st down? My only recollection of Will Fuller is a couple highlight reel games followed by a season ending injury. I thought Watson was bailing too early on plays too, drippibg hos eyes and running when he should have kept them downfield.

I give their defense credit though, there was a point where I thought they were completely gassed but they made some key stops after that. Had their K not missed a field goal it would have been a 7 point game late.

I like this analysis but that game won’t that close on the field. And the Texans really miss dj reader vs the run game. He was an enforcer inside. I will be surprised if that rotation of jags they have there now dont spring leaks.

Reader was the best player on that defense last year it’s a major loss. Watt gets all the hype cause of his body of work.

Back
Top Bottom