ATTN: Anyone who disregards Tannehill's performance because this is "just the Raiders | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTN: Anyone who disregards Tannehill's performance because this is "just the Raiders

Would he finally look like a quarterback?

• Yes, at times at least

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no chance still

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
if he starts trusting that check down more and not holding the ball on some things we are gonna be in business...cause those leak outs are there and the scheme is very sound...but that's legit qb talent folks...dont let anyone tell you different...and he seems to be picking things up about this offense now

still rodgers and cutler the next 2 games...better score tds cause they are

I fail to see how this is news, but your opinion is quite strong. It was silly, foolish, and short sighted to expect that Tannehill would play well at the beginning of the season. Brady Quinn's article makes this clear. It is hard to learn and execute a new offense, yet this historically true axiom has been ignored by this board.

its not news, but i am trying to tell finfaninbuffalo, that the qb, just like they get lots of credit for winning even if its not them 100 percent behind it, its the same way vice versa.

there is 1 game that comes to mind through tannehills 36 games as a fin where he played well enough to win and we lost.

2012, week 4 in arizona. yes, tannehill may have had a couple of turnovers, but when u consider it was only his 4th start of his career, away game, and he put up a ton of yds, that was the game hartline went crazy for like 200 plus yds, and we lost in ot, but the game should have never went to ot because our defense allowed kevin kolb to convert on a 4th and 10 that kept the game alive.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

lol, tell me what i said inaccurate?

i want to here from the most knowledgeable person on this forum, because u understand better. educate me

"Lesson here Bey...."

Don't look at a QB's performance in 1 week microcosms, instead take the season as a whole or group 8 games together.

If you take time to watch other games you will see that every QB struggles...they will have 3 int performances, complete 45% of their passes or lose a few in a row. That is the nature of the NFL...

So, because people who don't understand the game put too much emphasis on the QB, everyone must do it? Sorry, but I don't buy it. How about we actually watch the games, objectively evaluate the play of the players and criticize according to their play? Is that really so unreasonable? I realize it is harder to do when just reading box scores but people who understand the game shouldn't have a problem with it. If they do, they should refrain from commenting.

The bolded statement above is so typical of the QB obcessed crowd. No middle ground. When someone points out that there are legitimate problems with the team (e.g. the OL and running game last season), statements like yours are the response. Do you really believe that there is no gap between 58 sacks and "absolute perfect conditions"? You look like a fool with those types of arguments. I'd like each player to do their part to an adequate (or better) degree. I want the lineman to block, the running backs to run, and the receivers to catch. I want the OC to implement game plans that make sense and for the play calling to be professional. AND I want my QB to play well.
yup, thats me, i just read the box scores. its not like i havent missed a game in years, heck cant remember last time i missed a game.

i do not look at box scores, i watch the games. sorry, u can make up all the excuses u want, when the qb performs we win, its that simple.

yup, thats me, i just read the box scores. its not like i havent missed a game in years, heck cant remember last time i missed a game.

i do not look at box scores, i watch the games. sorry, u can make up all the excuses u want, when the qb performs we win, its that simple.

Do you watch other teams games? I don't think u do..if you did you wouldn't have this warped mindset about abs being the only guy who matters in a team sport.

Watching a game and understanding what you are seeing are completely different...

Do you watch other teams games? I don't think u do..if you did you wouldn't have this warped mindset about abs being the only guy who matters in a team sport.

i do, i have the ticket, i watch tons of football.

when u say qbs are not the ''only'' one who matter, yes techincally u r right. However, how many times do u need to see, in the long run, a team is going to go as far as there qb takes them.

in 2 years with ryan, we have averaged 7.5 wins a season, and that rounds up to about a mediocre team, which what tannehill has been.

QB DRIVEN LEAGUE, HES OBVIOUSLY NOT 100 PERCENT, BUT WE R NOT BEING CARRIED TO THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE SPECIAL TEAMS OR A STRONG RUN GAME. LONG GONE R THE DAYS WHERE U CAN HAVE A RICKY WILLIAMS OR TOMLINSON TYPE RBS CARRY UR TEAM

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Watching a game and understanding what you are seeing are completely different...

yes, ur right, good lesson for u. maybe u can try and understand the game a bit better.

do u think tannehill has played well throughout his career as a fin so far from watching him?

on a scale of 1-10, what do u rate him on terms of play

I find it funny that you don't realize that your statement is a criticism of the rest of the team. If the only way that your team can win is for your QB to play perfect (purposely exaggerating here), your team isn't very good. I pointed out last season that Seattle and Miami each had 6 games where the passing offense didn't click. Seattle was 4-2 in those games. Miami was 1-5.

I don't know any better way to explain it to you.

Manning 2 beated hall of famer brady 2 on 2 on the big stage

Flacco destroyed hall of famer Manning in the play-off to to to super bowl

and Wilson (a wonderful QB, but still not yet to Manning level) destroyed Hall of famer Manning...

Sanchez went to back to back conference finals (beating Manning and Brady)....

Brees didn't go to the play-off 2 years ago.

Matt Ryan the last years, Ben Roth idem and so on. Qb is important, but it is not the end of all: even in today NFL QB is important, but you still can't equate wins with QB plays

saying that Tannehill led us to 7.5 wins, like he was the only factor... well, I don't get it. (I am not saying it is false that he is not good, ... just that the 7.5 wins is a dumb reason, because we know that our teams in 12 and 13 had many bigger problem that QB- WRs, OLs, bullying, etc)

Ilovemyfinsforever just said in the Matt Moore thread that it's a qb driven league where u don't rely on a strong run game and defense then used the Seahawks as an example...lol seriously dude?

Ilovemyfinsforever just said in the Matt Moore thread that it's a qb driven league where u don't rely on a strong run game and defense then used the Seahawks as an example...lol seriously dude?

so explain y all the sudden when seattle went from **** at qb tvaris jackson to russel wilson they finally started to click?

i never said wilson 100 percent carrys them, but he is a big part of the teams success.

take wilson out, put jackson in, with the same run game and defense, seattle does not make playoffs

so explain y all the sudden when seattle went from **** at qb tvaris jackson to russel wilson they finally started to click?

i never said wilson 100 percent carrys them, but he is a big part of the teams success.

take wilson out, put jackson in, with the same run game and defense, seattle does not make playoffs

He's a game manager not peyton manning or Aaron Rodger so give it a rest....seattle is successful due to a strong run game and defense,not because russell Wilson carries the team on his back

because Russell Wilson is a really good QB. that doesn't make the Seahawks "QB driven" though. Seattle wouldn't be winning many shootout type games IMO.

Back
Top Bottom