ATTN: Anyone who disregards Tannehill's performance because this is "just the Raiders | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTN: Anyone who disregards Tannehill's performance because this is "just the Raiders

Would he finally look like a quarterback?

• Yes, at times at least

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no chance still

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
It was a very good performance against a solid pass defense. Though there were some questionable coaching decisions on their part, Tannehill took advantage of them. That's what I like to see for a change. This certainly isn't his first and only good performance though. What concerns me is everything in between. I need to see this consistently, not once every four games. We have two weeks to enjoy the win and hope that the light has finally actually come on.

It was a very good performance against a solid pass defense. Though there were some questionable coaching decisions on their part, Tannehill took advantage of them. That's what I like to see for a change. This certainly isn't his first and only good performance though. What concerns me is everything in between. I need to see this consistently, not once every four games. We have two weeks to enjoy the win and hope that the light has finally actually come on.

Give me a break. Oakland's pass defense is terrible. Their entire defense is terrible for that matter.

Coming into the game Oakland was 5th in the league in PASSING YARDS AGAINST. This was largely due to the fact they got blown away in games 1 and 2 by the oppositions rushing attack. Teams simply did not attempt to throw a ton on them. In game 3 they faced the Pats who have had a less than stellar passing game themselves so far this year.

Take notice that coming into the game Oakland had surrendered an opposing QB rating of OVER 100. Not many teams did that. They also had given up quite the YPA in passing. So it isnt as if they had completely dominated the oppositions passing games. It was more a case of teams had an easy time running the ball on them so they figured they wouldnt bother passing it all over them.

I know exactly what name you're trying to get us to spit out and I'm not going to say it because I don't need a **** flinging match with a pair of howler monkeys this morning.

So uh, here's a guy who was a game manager: Bob Griese. I think a lot of Dolphins fans, especially younger ones, don't appreciate what a great freaking quarterback Bob Griese was, but he was a tough son of a gun, a good athlete, and indeed asked to be a game manager in a ball control offense. Seemed to work.

Hahahahaha!

Man, that's epic. Good stuff. :hclap:

LD
p.s. If the shoe fits, wear it... er, if the metaphor pic fits, own it, lol.

para_631-1.jpg

WVdolphin, probably the worst, most annoying, football IQ impaired poster on the boards. We get it, Tannehill boned your girl and you're butt hurt. Give it a rest. You lost all creditability by claiming Matt Moore is a viable starting NFL QB. Go away.

Not to pile on but remember when he exclaimed that he would rather have Tanny than Russell Wilson any day, only to flip flop shortly thereafter. Well, I do. As do many others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me a break. Oakland's pass defense is terrible. Their entire defense is terrible for that matter.

Coming into the game Oakland was 5th in the league in PASSING YARDS AGAINST. This was largely due to the fact they got blown away in games 1 and 2 by the oppositions rushing attack. Teams simply did not attempt to throw a ton on them. In game 3 they faced the Pats who have had a less than stellar passing game themselves so far this year.

Take notice that coming into the game Oakland had surrendered an opposing QB rating of OVER 100. Not many teams did that. They also had given up quite the YPA in passing. So it isnt as if they had completely dominated the oppositions passing games. It was more a case of teams had an easy time running the ball on them so they figured they wouldnt bother passing it all over them.

If I remember correctly back in 2007 the Dolphins were ranked 4th against the pass but ended up going 1-15. We were last against the run and teams didn't even attempt to pass on us much. Pretty similar situation there in Oakland. Having a highly rated pass defense means nothing if you can't stop the run.

But the offense was impressive. You have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat and we did.

I had to go look up howler monkeys.

Now I'm cracking the hell up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, in his next game after defeating a helpless team Ryan Tannehill has 25 yards of offense and a pick through most of the first half. Yeah, this is why you put no stock in performances that don't reflect the norm and instead look at the pattern that 35 games create.

Hmm, in his next game after defeating a helpless team Ryan Tannehill has 25 yards of offense and a pick through most of the first half. Yeah, this is why you put no stock in performances that don't reflect the norm and instead look at the pattern that 35 games create.

You are wasting your fingers....Everyone will jump on when it's blatantly obvious (i.e. we draft another qb). Until then they straddle the fence so they can come out clean.

You are wasting your fingers....Everyone will jump on when it's blatantly obvious (i.e. we draft another qb). Until then they straddle the fence so they can come out clean.

Same thing that happened with Henne and Matt Moore. The former was always the victim of something else until another QB showed what the team was capable of doing with a better QB.

Same thing that happened with Henne and Matt Moore. The former was always the victim of something else until another QB showed what the team was capable of doing with a better QB.

yup. Tannehill sucks. Can beat piss poor teams and win when everything is perfect. Packers defense sucks and he still cant do squat.

Can't believe Kyle Orton is the second best QB in the division right now.

Back
Top Bottom