ATTN: Anyone who disregards Tannehill's performance because this is "just the Raiders | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTN: Anyone who disregards Tannehill's performance because this is "just the Raiders

Would he finally look like a quarterback?

• Yes, at times at least

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no chance still

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
And don't get me wrong I think Wilson is good but the Seahawks are not qb driven

He's a game manager not peyton manning or Aaron Rodger so give it a rest....seattle is successful due to a strong run game and defense,not because russell Wilson carries the team on his back
hes a bit more than a game manager, thats being unfair.

and when the heck did i say he was close to rodgers or manning? u do not need to be rodgers or manning to be considered a very good qb

riddle me this...how many of the top level qbs in this league were game managers early in their careers??? names please...nothing wrong with being a game manager while you learn the position...especially if you have top level physical tools...

hes a bit more than a game manager, thats being unfair.

and when the heck did i say he was close to rodgers or manning? u do not need to be rodgers or manning to be considered a very good qb

U know what you're right I was being unfair...like I said I like Wilson and think he's a good qb but u said this was a qb driven league then used the Seahawks as an example. I was making the point that the Seahawks are mainly good because of their defense, they have a strong run game and a qb who can make plays and limit mistakes. Its a good TEAM.

riddle me this...how many of the top level qbs in this league were game managers early in their careers??? names please...nothing wrong with being a game manager while you learn the position...especially if you have top level physical tools...

Brees and Brady certainly were

U know what you're right I was being unfair...like I said I like Wilson and think he's a good qb but u said this was a qb driven league then used the Seahawks as an example. I was making the point that the Seahawks are mainly good because of their defense, they have a strong run game and a qb who can make plays and limit mistakes. Its a good TEAM.

could the seahawks be a 7-8 win team possibly without wilson?

maybe, but they r nowhere near an elite team without wilson.

obviously a run game and defense helps, but lets not make it seem like wilson is managing the game like dilfer back in 2000 for the most part.

I know exactly what name you're trying to get us to spit out and I'm not going to say it because I don't need a **** flinging match with a pair of howler monkeys this morning.

So uh, here's a guy who was a game manager: Bob Griese. I think a lot of Dolphins fans, especially younger ones, don't appreciate what a great freaking quarterback Bob Griese was, but he was a tough son of a gun, a good athlete, and indeed asked to be a game manager in a ball control offense. Seemed to work.

add roethlisberger...so that's 3...any more??? anyone???

First few years Matty Ice was. Rivers was for awhile. While not really elite, Flacco early was a game manager.

I think too many people see the title as insulting when it isn't. Most game managers now are guys that can hit the throws when asked to hit them. I mean outside of I guess Drew Brees has any recent Super Bowl winning QB won a Super Bowl without a running game?

well, depending on if you consider Russell Wilson top level already, he would be another

wilsons a qb that doesnt beat you with mistakes he makes...he's not gonna just give you anything...that alone separates him from many a qb...he doesnt quite have top level physical tools but he does make good on every bit of what he does have...i dont think though he is a lock franchise qb at this stage yet...but he's going in the right direction...

Joe Flacco, Jim Plunkett, Rich Gannon, Roger Staubach, Neil ODonnell just to name some of the guys who at least played in a SB - Flacco, Plunkett and Staubach won at least one SB....

so explain y all the sudden when seattle went from **** at qb tvaris jackson to russel wilson they finally started to click?

i never said wilson 100 percent carrys them, but he is a big part of the teams success.

take wilson out, put jackson in, with the same run game and defense, seattle does not make playoffs

Jackson had a higher QB rating than Wilson last season. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom