Benny Sapp released!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benny Sapp released!!!

He was signed before week one was complete so he is guaranteed.

Damn, you are right...

What Miami wanted to do, though, was explore re-signing Johnson in Week 2 of the season because he has more than four years of vested experience in the NFL; which mandates any player signed to the roster for the first game of the season will be given a guaranteed contract. If they'd been able to wait just one more week the Dolphins would have been able to use Johnson on a week-to-week basis, allowing him to truly earn his paycheck through performance. However, they weren't left with that option after Thomas apparently became injured.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-9096261

I'm starting to not sound as crazy when I was advocating drafting Prince Amukamara when he was still on the board (yes, I know he *is* injured. No guarantee it would have happened in Miami).

People forget that Will Allen was getting picked on 2 years ago... opposite Sean Smith. He also was targetted against third stringers in the final preseason game. Can he be better than Sapp? Yes. Will he solve any defensive deficiencies? Probably not.

Huh? You mean Jason Allen, right? Nobody has picked on Will Allen that I can remember...

Ross has gotta be thrilled so far with the way the Regime is indiscriminately crapping away his money on the way to yet another inglorious defeat at home

I'm starting to not sound as crazy when I was advocating drafting Prince Amukamara when he was still on the board (yes, I know he *is* injured. No guarantee it would have happened in Miami).

I wanted him too. I also wanted Earl Thomas the year before. I was one of the few who said this defense wasnt nearly as good as people made it out to be. We struggled all last year covering guys in the nickel because our secondary outside of Davis n Smith blows. Everybody was too busy hating on Henne to remember Sapp being picked on in 3rd down situations. We wont struggle nearly as much against other teams as we did the Pats but the secondary, namely the safeties and Im counting Bell too as well as a nickel corner needs to be upgraded. Its a shame we dont have a GM/Head Coach smart enough to realize this BEFORE all the options are gone.

Nate Jones was solid for us before he split to Denver..come.right in

nolan carroll gets to stay but benny sapp gets released? makes no sense whatsoever.

About a year too late, but after last night we had no choice. Talk about Deja Vu. Last year we open at home against New England on a Monday night and have an utter special teams meltdown in a blowout and the STs coach is gone the next day. Now it's Sapp and another blowout. Isn't this all so funny?

The Jets came to town before the New England game last year

Not so sure this means Will Allen is back. Definitely would like to see him brought back to replace Carroll though. I think we bring Nate Jones back, who was pretty good in the nickel for us. Either that or Jimmy Wilson makes his regular season debut which is probably going to happen regardless since there's no way he could be worse in the slot or on the boundary than Carroll and Sapp were last night.

nolan carroll gets to stay but benny sapp gets released? makes no sense whatsoever.

Carroll is a special teams guy and is younger. Perhaps he can still be reclaimed. Sapp is a vet who sucks total ***.

If I'm Miami I send Nolan Carroll away packing as well and bring both Will Allen and Nate Jones in assuming they can both play. This is a pass first league, you need good CB's. Carroll aggravated he more then Sapp did, if that's possible. At least Sapp looked like he was trying, Carroll looke defenseless.

Back
Top Bottom