Bill Cowher says he’s ready to consider “opportunities” | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher says he’s ready to consider “opportunities”

Sparano is the guy. end of story. and by the way Cowher will go to Carolina.

Carolina is going to cheap out, and go with Russ Grimm. It's almost certain at this point.

Nublar7, the issue with Sparano is that he's not making progress. The team is getting worse, especially in the areas in which he's supposed to be the expert, and he seems incapable of thinking long term. If he was showing any progress, alot more people would be ok with keeping him.

Sparano will be coaching the team on Sunday, so I didn't say anything crazy. Currently, the Dolphins do not have an opening at the head coaching position and there is a pretty good chance there won't be one in the near future.

Also, it took Cowher 14 years before he won a Super Bowl with the Steelers. 14 YEARS!!! Most of you here can't even give Sparano three full seasons before you are ready to kick him to the curb. You guys lack patience with head coaches, so when Cowher doesn't win a Super Bowl right away in Miami, you will be coming up with those unfunny nicknames like "Cowturd" and calling for his firing.

There are three stages of Dolphins fans and coaches:

1. Coach is hired and praised. Called the best since Shula.

2. Coach doesn't win Super Bowl in first year, the unfunny and unoriginal nicknames start to be created.

3. Between two to three years into the regime the fan calls for the firing of the coach and starts dreaming of someone new.

- Repeat the above three steps every three to four years. It is like clockwork with you guys. It took Cowher 14 years, you guys can't think past 3 years.

But the fans don't make the decisions. So your problem should be with ownership then.

And you conveniently ignore where Morono has thrown every single coordinator and his QB under the bus, never at fault. That's a bad coach.

Ok once again! I challenge the Sparano Homes to name 5 qualities Sparano shares with Superbowl Champion Head Coaches!

We have brought in the big names after Shula..Jimmy Johnson,Nick Saban,Bill Parcells.None of them could do it.Sporano should not be ousted for being medicoure in 3 seasons.He deserves two more years..No big name has done it before in Miami so why would Cowher be any differant..Stick with Sporano.

If Cowher is willing to accept the position, it is no longer about Tony's pros & cons... It is about securing a coach that has had a lot of success in making his team a contender.

I have seen many post on here about his 1 SB in all of his years up to this point... But that does not take into account the success that his teams had over that period of time.

"In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances. He is one of only six coaches in NFL history to claim at least seven division titles."

The fact is that he is a much better coach than Tony, that does not mean that Tony is trash...just that Bill has a long track record of getting his teams in position to win. I have no doubt that he would turn things around in Miami quickly and get us back to the playoffs. Only 1 team can win it all, but there are 12 teams that give their fans great seasons by making the playoffs. Really, if you don't win it all...at least make the playoffs. This will keep the fans happy, granted there will still be some that want a change b/c they did not win it all every season. But really do they know football or just how to show their emotions on a message board?

These homer fans are always settled with mediocrity, supporting Sparano what the ****? :lol: These are the same smart guys who were excited for Daunte Culpepper, who were excited about Cameron. Same fans who was all in for AJ Feeley for a first round draft pick, same fans who once in 2002 said "Jay Fiedler > Tom Brady". Really, your opinions on the subjects is very laughable.

Cowher vs. AFC EAST

Pats: 4 - 3
Jets: 4 - 1
Bills: 5 - 2

Cowher vs. AFC Contenders

Ravens: 13 - 9
Colts: 4 - 1
Chargers: 7 - 2

Playoff Record: 12 - 9
Playoff Record vs. Pats: 1 - 3
Playoff Record vs. Colts: 3 - 0

Why pass up on this? Tony does not have that kind of potential as a HC. His clock management alone shows that he needs to address some areas in a big way to keep the title as HC for any team.

Regarding Cowher we should keep in mind that,
A. Lebeau is one of the best DC's in a long time. He is a guy that enjoys teaching and has never wanted to leave Pitt or become a HC despite numerous chances.
B. Pitt has a great personnel dept for a long time now. They have been drafting well for a decade now it seems. They don't do the free agency crap.
All those lb's, everyone on that team basically is through the draft.
C. Cowher didn't win anything until Ben came along. True Ben just rode the coat tails of the running game and defense but you look at the history of 'big name coaches' and more often than not, there is a stud qb with them.

He has had stability on the coaching staff, one of the best drafting departments in the league, and a franchise qb.
He's not a Sean Peyton or Bill Belichick guy in that he is going to strategize game plans, X's and O's, etc.
He's a Sparano mold, a motivational guy that fires the team up.
So getting Cowher is not going to solve anything in itself. We have Nolan but you better bring along a competent OC along with him.

Imo motivation and getting the team ready to play has not been a problem with this team.
The lack of ****ing brains in the OC is the problem.
I am pissed with Sparano for throwing Henne under the bus before Henning.
But I am for giving him another year IF we get a new OC.
I also would like to give Ireland another year (especially without Parcells) in the draft. This team has a lot of young growing talent.
We have come a long long ways from the team that he took over.

Amazing that when comparing Sparano and Cowher, some people think it's Cowher's resume that needs to be defended.

Cowher's teams were constantly in the playoffs, often as division winners. And Cowher may have taken years to win a Super Bowl, but he won a conference championship in year four. Sparano's team isn't anywhere close to a conference championship at the end of year three.

Cowher could have his pick of any number of HC jobs. Sparano, when he's finally canned, will be lucky to ever get another HC job in the NFL and it sure as hell won't be happening anytime soon.

Man, I'd love to get Cowher down there in Miami. Heck of a coach, heck of a record against very good teams. I love the guy.

Common, Sparano is 1-7 in our last 8 home games, were headed in the right direction. Give him 15 years.

I didn't know their were so many blind morano supporters. Lol

THe funny thing is that they say let henning go but keep morano while ignoring the fact that it's morano keeping henning...

I don't know about you guys but I am getting tired of getting excited about some player/coach that is hyped up to be the savior of our fanchise just to watch them suck and get torn apart by our fan base.

Bringing in Cowher is not going to solve our problems, fixing the mess we are/have been in takes time. I think Sparano and company have done an OK job of that and I am not ready to throw them aside to chase after some fantasy.

totally agree.. can't undo ten years worth of mismanagment in three years....

Sparano will be coaching the team on Sunday, so I didn't say anything crazy. Currently, the Dolphins do not have an opening at the head coaching position and there is a pretty good chance there won't be one in the near future.

Also, it took Cowher 14 years before he won a Super Bowl with the Steelers. 14 YEARS!!! Most of you here can't even give Sparano three full seasons before you are ready to kick him to the curb. You guys lack patience with head coaches, so when Cowher doesn't win a Super Bowl right away in Miami, you will be coming up with those unfunny nicknames like "Cowturd" and calling for his firing.

There are three stages of Dolphins fans and coaches:

1. Coach is hired and praised. Called the best since Shula.

2. Coach doesn't win Super Bowl in first year, the unfunny and unoriginal nicknames start to be created.

3. Between two to three years into the regime the fan calls for the firing of the coach and starts dreaming of someone new.

- Repeat the above three steps every three to four years. It is like clockwork with you guys. It took Cowher 14 years, you guys can't think past 3 years.

Cowher went deep in the playoffs a few of those years. Also the Rooney's are very cheap when it comes to free agency.

Back
Top Bottom