Bill Cowher says he’s ready to consider “opportunities” | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher says he’s ready to consider “opportunities”

I would not be excited about Cowher. Cowher screamed of terrible quarterbacks and mediocre teams. His career was made by a great organization, great GM, and a great defensive coordinator, just like Tomlin's. Cowher is nothing. Another Jeff Fisher, another John Fox, another Gruden, another ... just an NFL coach. We have a good coach.

The Head Coach is NOT the problem...the problem is our OC......get rid of Henning and hire someone who is senile and knows something about running a modern NFL system. Until then quit hating on Sparano.

I don't see a plan... I see a regime that treads water. Ross should throw them a life preserver in the form of a pink slip... put them out of their misery.

Sparano can't even make adjustments... if it's not working in the first half... you're going to see the same thing NOT working in the second half.

Don't forget his time honored tradition of deferring every kickoff this year and then promptly going 3 and out to start the second half.

The Head Coach is NOT the problem...the problem is our OC......get rid of Henning and hire someone who is senile and knows something about running a modern NFL system. Until then quit hating on Sparano.

Who hired this OC? Who "signs off" on his archaic "game plan" week in and week out? Who refuses to override this OC when we do things like run dive plays and Wildcat on third and long?

You are well aware it's morano who keeps henning right? its morano who decided not to firing him after such ****ty performance last year...

I like Sparano. Besides, you're all assuming that Cowher would WANT this job. I'm not certain that the Dolphins head coaching position is as attractive as it may have once been.

MONEY talks!! Pay anyone enough and they will come. That is how we got Saban. Gave him over $5 mill a year and he was unproven on the NFL level. MONEY TALKS!

Sparano has one more game to prove himself IMO, after that if he really blows it like a blowout then he gets the axe right there. Even tho i dislike the "man" i rather go after Gruden if available.

True...not to mention John Gruden "technically" would get credited with leading two different teams to superbowls... I don't think there's any question that he would've led that Raiders team that he built to the superbowl the year they played under Callahan...

But there's been 5 head coaches lead two different teams TO superbowls...and many more that have gotten extremely close. However, I don't think it's that far fetched that many of the Dolphin fans using this as their argument for not hiring a guy like Cowher wouldn't settle for a superbowl APPEARANCE...or even getting to the AFC Championship game on a more consistent basis...

Superbowl winning coaches aren't usually out there floatin' around all over the place from team to team in the first place...

The question they need to be asking themselves is how many incompetent, field goal addicted, fistpumping morons like Tony Sparano have ever led any team to a single superbowl...
Brother, you nailed it!

Brother, you nailed it!

seems like the only way the Sparano type coach (field goal loving nut) would work is if you had a crazy scary defense. Which we dont have...prob will never have (who knows) Either way those teams usually keep the game close, i want to win games not almost lose them.

Sparano sucks. We need to keep Nolan, sign Cowher for HC, and Rammsdel from san diego for OC. We'd be all set

We have brought in the big names after Shula..Jimmy Johnson,Nick Saban,Bill Parcells.None of them could do it.Sporano should not be ousted for being medicoure in 3 seasons.He deserves two more years..No big name has done it before in Miami so why would Cowher be any differant..Stick with Sporano.

You know what happens when you give bad coaches and GMs 2 more years? You become Buffalo! End of story! Morano doesn't know how to win, he doesn't know how to make adjustments, all he can do is fist pump!

You know what happens when you give bad coaches and GMs 2 more years? You become Buffalo! End of story! Morano doesn't know how to win, he doesn't know how to make adjustments, all he can do is fist pump!

Exactly...If you don't cut your losses, 5 years for a bad coach leaves for a huge rebuilding. Cut Morono now to prevent that.

I would love to know what Morono does at halftime...

Back
Top Bottom