Black Jerseys | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Black Jerseys

Please no black jersey, I think Navy blue would be much better, but black does not go with our colors, our scheme, nor what our colors stand for. People clown our colors, but our colors represent our city better than every other city with exception to Pittsburgh. The beautiful acqua ocean, and bountiful sun represents our region. Navy blue would make sense and would have a sharper contrast as well, in my honest and humble opine.

Man, some of you are really over thinking this. Has Pittsburgh or the Raiders or the Falcons or the Bears ever won a game wearing black? How many degrees does dark blue add? What about Aqua?

Da Bears never won a game wearing black because their colors are orange and navy blue.

Black in the Miami heat and humidity is a ridiculous color. They should be playing in their white and teal uniforms all the time.

Da Bears never won a game wearing black because their colors are orange and navy blue.
Great. You got me. The point was about black adding heat to the player as a reason to not use that color in our uniform. I’m sure Navy Blue isn’t much different and the heat added shouldn’t be a reason to not wear that color.

I personally love the black jerseys. I think they would look sick in the late season against the bills jets and Patriots up in their home in the cold. Definitely not in our home games though.

Black is NOT one of our team colors. This BAD idea has been kicked around for the last 20 plus years. I don’t like it at all, and I normally do like black on uniforms, just not the Fins.

Great. You got me. The point was about black adding heat to the player as a reason to not use that color in our uniform. I’m sure Navy Blue isn’t much different and the heat added shouldn’t be a reason to not wear that color.

Growing up I always thought the Bears wore black....actually they probably should.

Just an honest opinion. I don't hate it. But a black alternate would still need to incorporate more aqua and orange evenly throughout the jersey somehow.

Not a fan of the dramatic shift from all black to old school style shoulders.

Black is just not our color, so not easy. Just feel if it were to be done there would need to be less straight black. More aqua/orange in the numbers, waistband, other linings, (somewhere IDK), ect.

I don't have the design skills to do a better job. Just my thoughts.

What do you guys think of a black jersey alternative? Doesn't have to be exactly this, but I think our colors against a black base would be fire.

View attachment 79199
Would be cool. But I still don't know why they never tried the Navy-colored jerseys. I bought a couple at The Pro Image in 2002 when I went to watch the Fins on a Monday night against the Bears. I bought a Madison and R. Williams. Look really nice

I vote you never bring up terrible ideas anymore
Black makes zero sense and has nothing to do with our tradition
And yes, they are 10 degrees hotter. This experiment was already done years ago on the sidelines in the heat during the Fins Raider game. Thermometer in both jerseys in the sun and the black raider jersey was hotter
Anyway, it’s just common sense

Back
Top Bottom