Black Jerseys | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Black Jerseys

i had a marino black jersey i got in the 90s. its still one of my favorites

Will never happen. We won’t switch our main jersey’s for these and the popularity of our throwbacks means we likely won’t be scrapping them for these either.

Let's make the "throwbacks" our main kits and use something like this as our alt.

Personally, I've always wanted to see an alternative jersey/pants mock up with a medium to dark gray that is reminiscent of the color of a real dolphin. I think that would look SICK.

Let's make the "throwbacks" our main kits and use something like this as our alt.

Personally, I've always wanted to see an alternative jersey/pants mock up with a medium to dark gray that is reminiscent of the color of a real dolphin. I think that would look SICK.
That would look good! Anything is better than the creamsicle look. In general, it would be cool to see NFL teams come out with more uniform variations like some colleges do.

I don't want to see us wearing black. I like the changes made to our current unis with the orange bordering the numbers etc. Not a huge fan of the logo, but it's grown on me. Hoping we'll go back to the throwbacks look full-time when we are allowed to change again. But I'm old, I don't like change much.

Last edited:
Rather opposing teams like the Raiders and Bears wear black in the South Florida heat and humidity.

Great. You got me. The point was about black adding heat to the player as a reason to not use that color in our uniform. I’m sure Navy Blue isn’t much different and the heat added shouldn’t be a reason to not wear that color.
I put on a lighter coloured roof last fall and the temperature in my house is easily 2-3 degrees cooler on a warm day than last year. The hot weather is a proven advantage for Miami so why even it out by wearing black instead of white?

I put on a lighter coloured roof last fall and the temperature in my house is easily 2-3 degrees cooler on a warm day than last year. The hot weather is a proven advantage for Miami so why even it out by wearing black instead of white?
Umm, because you wouldn't have to wear it on a hot South Florida day. My suggestion wasn't for the Dolphins to adopt a black home jersey. There's night games and games in cooler temps to wear them in once a year.

Great. You got me. The point was about black adding heat to the player as a reason to not use that color in our uniform. I’m sure Navy Blue isn’t much different and the heat added shouldn’t be a reason to not wear that color.

Umm, because you wouldn't have to wear it on a hot South Florida day. My suggestion wasn't for the Dolphins to adopt a black home jersey. There's night games and games in cooler temps to wear them in once a year.

Maybe it's just me but I see these as two very different answers. Yeah sure, a black jersey can work on the road or at night.

Wearing one at home in the hot Florida sun is one of the dumbest ideas i've seen on any sports forum.

Maybe it's just me but I see these as two very different answers. Yeah sure, a black jersey can work on the road or at night.

Wearing one at home in the hot Florida sun is one of the dumbest ideas i've seen on any sports forum.
Do any teams choose to wear dark colors on hot days? If so, who? And how have they performed?

Do any teams choose to wear dark colors on hot days? If so, who? And how have they performed?
Most teams don't regularly play their home games in 100 degree weather with high humidity.

If you want to sit here and argue science then knock yourself out. Black attracts heat, white reflects it......it's indisputable.

Most teams don't regularly play their home games in 100 degree weather with high humidity.

If you want to sit here and argue science then knock yourself out. Black attracts heat, white reflects it......it's indisputable.
That's my entire point. Teams typically don't play at home in the heat in their dark jerseys, why on Earth would the Dolphins ever do it with a black one? I never suggested it when I brought up a black jersey option, so all of this "it causes more heat so I'm against it" is nonsense. It wouldn't be suitable for games in the sun and heat.

Back
Top Bottom