Boomer's Top 15 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Top 15

Yes....if your going to pay a high price for a QB....i expect him to be alot better than one that only can get a 47 or 54% comp rating. Again...lets remember Weiss isn't going to be him....when he plays in the NFL.

Pete, the thing I notice in watching film on Quinn is that he does see the field well and does go through his progressions, thats one of the biggest deficiencies you see in quarterbacks at the Pro level.

I am not concerned about his freshman or Sophmore year.

Pete, the thing I notice in watching film on Quinn is that he does see the field well and does go through his progressions, thats one of the biggest deficiencies you see in quarterbacks at the Pro level.

I am not concerned about his freshman or Sophmore year.

I really like the guy but unless we trade up with Detriot I don't see us getting him. Cleveland will probably go QB so the only hope I see is if David Carr goes to Oakland therefore Oakland takes Calvin Johnson and Cleveland takes Jamarcus Russel. Brady Quinn might just fall to us if that happens

We have holes all over the team and if a true impact player at d line or LB is ther at 9,go for it.As much as we want to fill an immediate hole lokking to the future might be the best option.Im not feeling L Brown or Ginn at all.Assuming the QBs are gone Willis,Landry,Branch,Okoye,Carricker or Adams seem like much better options.The last few years have proven that late first round thru the 3rd or 4th can provide elite OLine.Draft talent for the future we hope Cam-Mul is building.

I'm not hear to debate about Ginn Jr, you know I think he's overrated. but I am here to debate against the fact that we would want to draft him. we have Chambers who works best out of the slot, we also have Kelly Campbell who also is a slot WR. we need a guy who could line up in the #1 or #2 spot and as you said Ginn is a slot guy. I think we need a Dwayne Bowe

Ginn isn't a slot guy. He's a flanker.

You move him around to create match-ups for him and others, but essentially he's a flanker.

I saw every Gator game and believe me, Nelson was not the weak link. If anything, he made that secondary go. He not only was a sure tackler but was brilliant when the ball was in the air. He is the most likely to be a pro bowler from that very good Gator defense.

Fair enough. I'm not going to dispute your impression (I'm fully aware that I'm part of the tiny minority that thinks Nelson horribly overrated), but I recently watched the bowl game again and it solidified my analysis. In about one third of the running downs, Nelson simply didn't do anything besides running aimlessly through the backfield. There were several playes where he could've easily made the tackle (or assist with it) but just didn't. In addition, I saw him missing quite a lot of easy tackles (not in that game, but in the others I saw), because he attempted to deliver a knockout blow, which is a weakness that would concern me a lot. All things considered, I think Nelsen has quite a lot of physical talent, but I'm questioning if he's got the brains to use it. He's playing too ****y at times, while he doesn't seem to fully understand what's going on at others. As I like my safeties to have great field vision and that certain kind of game intelligence, I'd take Landry over Nelson any time. And I'd bne hesitant to pick Nelson in the top 20.

Ginn isn't a slot guy. He's a flanker.

You move him around to create match-ups for him and others, but essentially he's a flanker.

call him as you will WR isn't big on our list of needs, I do want to improve in that area but we need OL and a future QB much more. Chambers and Booker are going to be the starters and Derek Hagan is up and coming. Vick will do a fine job with Punt Returns, so as I see it we don't need Ginn. he would be a nice luxury sure but we are a team with alot of holes. only a team with no or min. holes could take a chance on a guy like Ginn Jr. his potential is endless but he isn't a sure thing

call him as you will WR isn't big on our list of needs, I do want to improve in that area but we need OL and a future QB much more. Chambers and Booker are going to be the starters and Derek Hagan is up and coming. Vick will do a fine job with Punt Returns, so as I see it we don't need Ginn. he would be a nice luxury sure but we are a team with alot of holes. only a team with no or min. holes could take a chance on a guy like Ginn Jr. his potential is endless but he isn't a sure thing

Really? If it's not a big area of need, why are we looking to upgrade it and why is Mueller perpetually talking up the fact that the team needs an upgrade of speed at the position? Why have we conducted so many interviews with wide receivers?

Why did we try and get Donte Stallworth?

Why did we try and get Kelley Washington?

So Marcus Vick all of a sudden has manifested into a 'fine' punt returner? The evidence of that is where?

And if we have no interest in Ginn, why did we:

a) waste an interview with him in Indianapolis?

b) Fly to Columbus to speak to him and take him away for a lengthy chalk talk discussion, under timed conditions?

c) Why are we flying back to Columbus to see him work out?

Fair enough. I'm not going to dispute your impression (I'm fully aware that I'm part of the tiny minority that thinks Nelson horribly overrated), but I recently watched the bowl game again and it solidified my analysis. In about one third of the running downs, Nelson simply didn't do anything besides running aimlessly through the backfield. There were several playes where he could've easily made the tackle (or assist with it) but just didn't. In addition, I saw him missing quite a lot of easy tackles (not in that game, but in the others I saw), because he attempted to deliver a knockout blow, which is a weakness that would concern me a lot. All things considered, I think Nelsen has quite a lot of physical talent, but I'm questioning if he's got the brains to use it. He's playing too ****y at times, while he doesn't seem to fully understand what's going on at others. As I like my safeties to have great field vision and that certain kind of game intelligence, I'd take Landry over Nelson any time. And I'd bne hesitant to pick Nelson in the top 20.

Whilst I think wrap up tackling is something opf an issue for Nelson at times, he gets a mulligan for the BCS Title game as his mother had passed away only days before. To even be on the field was an achievement in itself.

Whilst I think wrap up tackling is something opf an issue for Nelson at times, he gets a mulligan for the BCS Title game as his mother had passed away only days before. To even be on the field was an achievement in itself.

Thanks for the info, Boomer. I didn't know that. That explains why he seemed absent minded in the BCS game, but the tackling issues still worry me.

But maybe I'm a bit too critical in this year's draft. An awful lot of players seem to come with one question mark or the other. Why couldn't we have this year's picks in last year's draft ...

Really? If it's not a big area of need, why are we looking to upgrade it and why is Mueller perpetually talking up the fact that the team needs an upgrade of speed at the position? Why have we conducted so many interviews with wide receivers?

Why did we try and get Donte Stallworth?

Why did we try and get Kelley Washington?

So Marcus Vick all of a sudden has manifested into a 'fine' punt returner? The evidence of that is where?

we also interviewed alot of other prospects at other positions. fact of the matter is that it is probably big enough of a need that we will go WR in round 2 but not round 1, not for a guy slated to go alot lower then #9. Mueller wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't looking at all of his options. but Ginn at #9 would be a huge reach and OL with Levi Brown or QB with Brady Quinn are much better ways to go. those are both bigger needs than WR in my opinion and I'm sure Mueller agrees. he has interviewed both of those guys

And if we have no interest in Ginn, why did we:

a) waste an interview with him in Indianapolis?

b) Fly to Columbus to speak to him and take him away for a lengthy chalk talk discussion, under timed conditions?

c) Why are we flying back to Columbus to see him work out?

does Brady Quinn ring a bell? we did the same thing with him and with a few other 1st round prospects

How'd Brady get Over Thomas.

those are both bigger needs than WR in my opinion and I'm sure Mueller agrees. he has interviewed both of those guys

Wait a minute. You're arguing that interviewing Ginn means nothing because Mueller interviewed other guys as well. I can live with that (although Boomer is perfectly right in saying that you don't spend that much time with a prospect if you're not interested in drafting him), but then you're pulling exactly the same argument by saying that Mueller supposedly agrees with you because he interviewed these other guys. Which is it? Either the interviews mean nothing (then interviewing Quinn or Brown means nothing as well) or they are a good indicator for a team's interest - and then interviewing Ginn indicates exactly as much as interviewing Brown or Quinn.

Besides, Mueller more or less clearly stated on several occasions that he does not believe in draftin according to need.

Wait a minute. You're arguing that interviewing Ginn means nothing because Mueller interviewed other guys as well. I can live with that (although Boomer is perfectly right in saying that you don't spend that much time with a prospect if you're not interested in drafting him), but then you're pulling exactly the same argument by saying that Mueller supposedly agrees with you because he interviewed these other guys. Which is it? Either the interviews mean nothing (then interviewing Quinn or Brown means nothing as well) or they are a good indicator for a team's interest - and then interviewing Ginn indicates exactly as much as interviewing Brown or Quinn.

Besides, Mueller more or less clearly stated on several occasions that he does not believe in draftin according to need.

take it as you will but Ginn isn't the only guy we interveiwed, just because we interviwed him doesn't mean we will draft him

Back
Top Bottom