Brady was never as good as they say | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady was never as good as they say

I just realize I logged into the Pats site, sorry got to go!

testtubetimmy said:
In every game I watched Tom Brady play for the last few years, one thing has become increasingly evident.

This guy is not Peyton Manning.

In fact, I'd venture to say he's not a great quarterback at all.

He just has one heck of a team backing him up. And thats why the Patriots are so great. And they get to the superbowl. Because they dont have one or two or even three great players. They have a team of good players who work so well together.

Theres a reason Brady didnt go until the sixth round. He isnt amazing. He just fits perfectly into the system that BB has. The guy has all the time to throw in the world behind that line. He's got recievers who for some reason or another, always catch the god forsaken ball, the defense is tough as nails, and together, the team works. You put Brady behind our line or perhaps any other line in the NFL and I'll tell you what happens. Remember the MNF game when we beat them last year? Remember that HORRENDOUS throw he made that was intercepted at the end of the game? You get pressure on him, rattle him, and he turns into Jay Fiedler.

So where am I going with this? My point is, maybe Feeley and Frerotte arent great quarterbacks either. But maybe the teams who have won the superbowl the last few years havent had amazing quarterbacks, but amazing teams, that could work together. And the teams with quarterbacks we'd die for (Indianapolis, Philly, Atlanta, Minnesota, etc) always come up short. If Frerotte or Feeley fit into the system and our team works together like a well oiled machine, we will stomp our way to the top.

So this saturday, I hope that Saban doesnt go for Alex Smith, a guy I've been supporting for a long time. Because a Franchise QB like Dan Marino is always fun to root for. But how many SB's did we win?

Saban is serious, and I think he realizes that its the team, not the QB, that wins games.

What an amazing anaylsis........not.

Tom Brady is a great quarterback, more importantly he is a money quarterback, he makes the throws and plays when they need them the most in the biggest games.

Great team behind him? Who was the runningback in the first two of the three championships they won? Who were the wide receivers?

Who's the one player Belichek is willing to pay long term whilst letting other well known players go to free agency and leave?

Thats right Tom Brady, and like Belichek, Saban understands you must have an intelligent playmaker as your field general if you are to win anything meaningful in this league.

Nublar7 said:
My cat is a better actor then Keanu Reeves.

Bet your cat doesn't get paid multi-millions per film though. KR was excellent in two movies.
1) Bill and Ted's Excellent Journey
2) Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

That is because he basically played his true self in those movies.

Keanu will always be Ted "Theodore" Logan!!!

LtDan662002 said:
Bet yout cat doesn't get paid multi-millions per film though. KR was excellent in two movies.
1) Bill and Ted's Excellent Journey
2) Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

That is because he basically played his true self in those movies.

Keanu will always be Ted "Theodore" Logan!!!

I saw an interview with him about the time Point Break was playing and I beleive your comment to be the truth. Given that, his other movies, bad as they may be, were a pretty good job of acting, sort of... :wink:

This thread got off topic in more ways then I could imagine.

testtubetimmy said:
Listen, I'm saying hes a GOOD QB. Im saying he's not God like all you seem to think, in fact the entire world worships the ground that this guy treads on.

Yes. Hes good.

So is his team.

Making him great.

Im not "hating". Just saying that he's not SUPER QB. Hes just a good QB with a SUPER team and a few SUPER bowl rings.

Actually he is great. Great QBs make the great plays when they have to in big games. Remember the shootout against Carolina in the SB. Brady stepped up and delivered.

Saying a QB is only as good as his team is like saying saying a race car driver is as good as his car....no **** Sherlock. Its like that in any position in football. But you dont win 3 superbowls with an average QB. The guy has maybe one WR who would be a number 2 WR on any other team and never had a RB until last year.

Also this whole Joe Montana was only good bc of his supporting cast......please stop making yourselves look like football morons. The guy was great. I dont even have to make a case for it because its obvious to anyone with a brain. The whole " Hed never have won in Arizona" argument is BS .......San Fran WAS ARIZONA before Joe.

grendel said:
How can you compare Jane Brady to Broadway Joe. Be real!

Joe Namath threw more INT than TDs in his career. Ill take Brady.

The people who claim Brady isn't great are looking for great physical skills. He doesn't have them. Certainly not in the class of a Peyton Manning. But he has the most important skills in spades, decision making and accuracy. Everything else (arm strength, etc.) you just need enough of. Brady has that.

silverloop13 said:
Actually he is great. Great QBs make the great plays when they have to in big games. Remember the shootout against Carolina in the SB. Brady stepped up and delivered.

Saying a QB is only as good as his team is like saying saying a race car driver is as good as his car....no **** Sherlock. Its like that in any position in football. But you dont win 3 superbowls with an average QB. The guy has maybe one WR who would be a number 2 WR on any other team and never had a RB until last year.

Also this whole Joe Montana was only good bc of his supporting cast......please stop making yourselves look like football morons. The guy was great. I dont even have to make a case for it because its obvious to anyone with a brain. The whole " Hed never have won in Arizona" argument is BS .......San Fran WAS ARIZONA before Joe.

San Fran WAS ARIZONA before WALSH.. Face it, the San Fran organization was becoming top class when Joe came in.. He was coming into a great situation, much like Brady.. You really believe Montana would have won Multiple SBs in Arizona with some scrub coach and a terrible organization? I never said Montana wouldnt be a good QB, but I was just stating that GREAT Qbs are made with GREAT systems...

SkapePhin said:
He was coming into a great situation, much like Brady..

I'm kind of confused about the "great situation" in New England. The Pats were 5-11 the year before Brady started playing. They were on a steady decline since the start of the Pete Carroll era. Even the experts said the Patriots were the least likely team to make the playoffs or Super Bowl in the next 5 years:

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_2000/nflist_030501.asp

They were a team with a poor draft history, and severe salary cap problems when Brady arrived. So let's not call it a "great situation".

SNL is so crappy these days, it doesnt matter who is hosting it. The only good part was when Martin Short came in.

Brady is a good QB. He doesnt have all the physical tools, but he has smarts which is most important.

SkapePhin said:
San Fran WAS ARIZONA before WALSH.. Face it, the San Fran organization was becoming top class when Joe came in.. He was coming into a great situation, much like Brady.. You really believe Montana would have won Multiple SBs in Arizona with some scrub coach and a terrible organization? I never said Montana wouldnt be a good QB, but I was just stating that GREAT Qbs are made with GREAT systems...

Okay, so I guess that means that Marino was a system QB. Put him in Arizona, and he would stink too.

Back
Top Bottom