Brandon Weeden | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Weeden

I'm watching the Oklahoma St.Texax Tech game, and I would still say that Weeden is the best looking college QB that I've seen this year. Best arm- accuracy, touch, stength. He's looking off receivers and just seems to be absolutely in control out there. If you forget about age, I would say that Luck is close and that's it, two man race. He's making it look easy- throws up the gut, out to the flats, beautiful fade nearl the goaline to Blackmon for a TD. My great hope in the next draft is that we get him in the 2nd or trade down in the 1st and get him. I'd rather not risk not getting him at all, but then the ever present age issue kicks in- how high do you draft a QB who will be 29 his rookie year? I don't know, but in the absence of a shot at Luck, in my opinion Weeden is the guy, the only guy. Jones, Barkley and RGIII aren't my preferences, and I haven't seen Tannehill yet, so no opinion there.

Weeden just threw another TD, this one to Anderson, beautiful ball. 28-0 Oklahoma St. and they're 23 seconds into the 2nd quarter. 3 pass Tds on the day for Weeden so far. Now it's 35-0 OSU, 27 seconds into the 2nd quarter- a massacre.
He looks impressive. Id still take Barkley over him off what I have seen thus far...BUT. I think if we could get Blackmon/Claiborne etc and then get Weeden with our 2nd round pick (or trade back into late first) that scenario would have the most immediate impact on our team. It is just risky. Maybe trade down and draft Weeden, then use the two 2nds to trade back up and pick up another impact player (Janoris Jenkins/Floyd whoever is available).

He looks impressive. Id still take Barkley over him off what I have seen thus far...BUT. I think if we could get Blackmon/Claiborne etc and then get Weeden with our 2nd round pick (or trade back into late first) that scenario would have the most immediate impact on our team. It is just risky. Maybe trade down and draft Weeden, then use the two 2nds to trade back up and pick up another impact player (Janoris Jenkins/Floyd whoever is available).

Weeden is a curious case. The only other guy who I can think of coming into the draft the last 5 years ago or so with as impressive an arm as Weeden is Matthew Stafford. It's not just arm strength- Jim Druckenmiller had a cannon of an arm, didn't work out so well. I can't think of any part of Weeden's game that I don't like. He doesn't move around nearly as well as Barkley, but he's still nimble in the pocket. He's just the best that I've seen this year, point blank. And to top it off, Weeden seems excellent at play action passes, pump fakes, looking off receivers. Important stuff, as Peyton Manning's career would attest to.

Weeden is a curious case. The only other guy who I can think of coming into the draft the last 5 years ago or so with as impressive an arm as Weeden is Matthew Stafford. It's not just arm strength- Jim Druckenmiller had a cannon of an arm, didn't work out so well. I can't think of any part of Weeden's game that I don't like. He doesn't move around nearly as well as Barkley, but he's still nimble in the pocket. He's just the best that I've seen this year, point blank. And to top it off, Weeden seems excellent at play action passes, pump fakes, looking off receivers. Important stuff, as Peyton Manning's career would attest to.

Same here. He's the best i've seen this year. Blackmon/Weeden 2012.

the more i've watched weeden the more i've been impressed...top of the 2nd round if he checks out medically and over landry jones if we don't go qb with the top pick...ie no luck or barkley...weeden threw some beautiful balls in rhythm yesterday...30 yard in cutting routes on a rope a perfectly timed double move fade where the ball was perfectly placed over the shoulder at the sideline td etc...i haven't been saying to myself this kids late like i have with jones...timing seems spot on...i wonder how he'll fare with lsus secondary in the national championship game should they get by oklahoma...should be interesting

His age isn't a big deal, he still has 8 to 9 years of good football in him.

Butmy prime #2 choice is Barkley.

I understand the Weeden love to some extent, but we must remember that he is literally a man amongst boys out there. Chris Weinke was amazing at FSU and won the Heisman, but did nothing in the NFL (and he was younger than Weeden).

the more i've watched weeden the more i've been impressed...top of the 2nd round if he checks out medically and over landry jones if we don't go qb with the top pick...ie no luck or barkley...weeden threw some beautiful balls in rhythm yesterday...30 yard in cutting routes on a rope a perfectly timed double move fade where the ball was perfectly placed over the shoulder at the sideline td etc...i haven't been saying to myself this kids late like i have with jones...timing seems spot on...i wonder how he'll fare with lsus secondary in the national championship game should they get by oklahoma...should be interesting

If you put the age issue aside, how do you compare and rate Luck and Weeden?

If you put the age issue aside, how to you compare and rate Luck and Weeden?

I think Weeden may very well be a better passer than Luck. It's damn close. Luck has him beat at just about everything else, but man can Weeden throw a football. And his decision making, pre-snap reads, and intangibles are good too. It's hard not to like Weeden when you watch him play.

If you put the age issue aside, how do you compare and rate Luck and Weeden?

i don't see how you just put the age issue aside...i really don't...i think honestly that i should be comparing weeden to some extent to nfl qbs his age...do i like him more than matt moore hell yes...do i like him more than luck hell no

if we're gonna stick with this spread o i think weeden could be damn good in it...but i also realize that his age on draft day is gonna effect his value and where you have to pull the trigger to get him...i mean its possible that someone loves him so much they take him in the top half of round 1 i guess cause anythings possible...but i highly doubt its probable...i think given the age which again you cannot disregard you can feel relatively confident weedens on the board late in round 1 if not early round 2 when your pick comes on the board...

I do not like the age. I cannot get by that. Might as well pick up Flynn or Quinn who are similar age and have competed at the NFL level.

lolwut? Yea let's pick up a ****ty QB instead of filling the QB position for the next 7 years.

If he lights up Oklahoma and then lights up the 2nd best secondary I've ever seen in LSU on the way to a NC, forget about 2nd round imo. He lights up LSU, I'm not so sure we'll be able to get him outside the top 15, no matter how old he is.

i've read rumors this offseason the pack expect 1st round pick plus compensation if they trade flynn...

i wouldn't hold my breath on him lighting up lsu...but with 3 plus weeks to prepare and that spread o who knows...either way though there's not a thing this kid could do that would have me taking a 28 year old in the top half of round 1...no way no how...thats not for me...ever

Back
Top Bottom